Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #1  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Hi! Anyone remember me?

Wow, it's been a long time since I've visited here! I see some familiar faces, which makes me happy!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello... I posted here quite a bit while losing/meeting my goal weight in 2010. I maintained for almost exactly a year and then.... pregnant! I'm due in December and have been exercising consistently (continue to run and compete in races, although that's slowing down quite a bit now that I'm starting to get a belly) and so far have only gained 10 lbs at 24 weeks...being formerly obese, I'm extremely grateful that I lost all the weight beforehand and developed some healthy habits before becoming pregnant. On the flip side of that, it's definitely been challenging to watch the scale go up after working so hard to get to my goal weight, but I'm confident that my healthy habits will pay off after the baby (a girl! YEAH!!) is here.

Anyway, hi everyone! I wanted to join in again for some support during these last 15ish weeks, especially as it gets harder to move!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #2  
Chuggin' along...

Hi Fat Pants, I remember you! Good to see you again and glad your maintenance is going so well. Congrats on the little one! I'm sure all of your good habits will really help you through pregnancy and bouncing back after you give birth, as well as setting a healthy role model for your daughter. What races have you been doing lately? Glad to see you check in!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #3  
Crazy runner

Hi Megan!! Good to see you! I definitely think a lot about how my healthy habits will set an example for my daughter... we were not an active family growing up, and my DH and I have talked a lot about just being ACTIVE from the get go so it's a normal thing to do in our family. I can't wait to run some races with my kiddo!

Since finding out I was pregnant in April... I've done two 10ks (set a PR at one of them at 19 weeks pregnant...crazy!), a marathon relay (6.75 miles for my portion), and a 4 mile race. I am actually signed up for a half marathon in October when I will be 30 weeks pregnant.. it's more of a run/walk thing with no goals in mind except have a good time and enjoy running!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and congratulaton on the new baby ! Remember that weight you are gaining is mostly baby. childbirth is one way to lose weight quickly.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #5  
Workin' It

Congratulations, FP! Of course I remember you! I'm glad that you've been continuing your running, and I know that the healthy lifestyle you've adopted will help with the pregnancy.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences over the next fifteen weeks!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I remember you too.
Congratulations!!
I sure wish I had been active during my pregnancies. Though I guess I couldn't have been because I was on bedrest! Regardless, it is wonderful that you have healthy habits in place and will set a good example for your dd from the get go!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #7  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi FP! Of course we remember you. Congrats on the pregnancy!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Of course we remember u, congrats on the pregnancy dear!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Hey I remember you too... Congrats and welcome back, you're on the perfect path to health for you and your baby
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #10  
No description available.

I drove through your town a couple of weeks ago and thought about you!! How exciting!!! Congrats!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #11  
Crazy runner

Aww, thanks ladies! I am glad to be back. It has been a very interesting pregnancy for me in terms of exercise and fitness. I'm surprised at how many people are worried about me continuing to run (my mom, for example), even though my doctor said it was fine and encouraged me to keep it up as long as possible. I also run into quite a bit of people who think I should eat whatever I want and not care how much weight I put on! It's frustrating. Thankfully my DH is very supportive and is even running the half marathon with me in... 5 weeks! Yikes! I'd better get out of bed and out for my long run.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #12  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Fatpants Skinney jeans!! we ALL remember you! How funny, i LITERALLY thought of you the other day, out of the blue... isnt that weird?? sometimes i stop by your blog too
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote