Old 09-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/250/130

Height: 5"3'

Default 120 lbs to go

Okay, so my goal is 130 and I am 250 right now.

I was at 275 and I have lost 25 pounds. That was before this summer and I cant seem to get anything else off. I am excersising every day and I completely changed the way I eat. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything? I could really use them.

Last edited by Crazybear; 09-02-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Crazybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #2  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

What you can try is to change up your eating and exercising. Are you getting enough to eat? I know that sounds crazy but the more good foods you eat, the more it raises your metabolism. Also, you might want to change your exercising. Either try doing a little more intense or longer.
I hope that helps. I know hitting a plateau is frustrating.
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #3  

Height: 165 cm (5'5'')

Hey Crazybear. I am pretty much at the same weight as you with the same goal. My weight loss is essentially governed by my food. The exercise helps, but it is not my major concern. Change up your food for a week or two and maybe think of doing some calorie cycling. This has helped me tremendously to see some results. It may also be worth taking some measurements of your body. Alot of the time I will not lose any numbers on the scale, but my measurements will be less, so I know that I just have to be patient.
Alwaysbeenbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

More information please! Need specifics in order to see exactly what you're doing for suggestions.

Are you taking measurements and pictures to see if non-scale changes are showing?

Are you calorie counting? Are you tracking food every day for every meal? Are you following a named program? What are you eating and in what portion sizes?

How much are you exercising? WHAT are your activities?

Etc. Etc.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #5  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Hey girl. You and I are similar. I was 265 in 2009 got down to 245 in 2010 and started working out in June of this year. My goal is also 130. Try not to look at the total amount of pounds to lose it can be discouraging simply set small goals for yourself along the way. Your 250 now, maybe aim to get to 240 by Halloween for example. But as to why the scale isn't moving could post more about what you are eating, why kind of exercise you are doing etc? Are you following a specific plan?
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

were you losing consistantly before summer then summer hit and it slowed to a crawl/halt? Thats what tends to happen to me during the summer, even 100% on plan. I think its the heat because once it cools off a little the weight drops off for a couple weeks. Its weird but has been consistant every time i lose weight.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I agree with others, it'd be nice to know what your plan is, what an example day of your food choices is and how much/what type of exercise you're doing. You'll get more specific answers that way.

In the meantime, some things to consider:

- Are you getting in enough water?

- On average, how many calories are you eating every day? It could be too high or too low.

- When you exercise, what kind of exercise are you doing? If you're lifting you might need to eat some protein afterwards and that can also make you retain water.

- Are you checking your measurements? They can change while the scale doesn't

- Do you have any health issues such as PCOS/thyroid problems/diabetes etc? Again, there are specific diets that can help with those.

- When was your last check-up with your doctor? Have you talked to him/her about you weight loss and any suggestions from him/her?

- Are you getting in a high salt intake that would make you retain water?

If you provide more details we'll definitely try to help you further.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #8  

Thank you guys, Here are some of the specifics you guys were asking about:

food,

For breakfast I usually eat an eggg, some tomato and some avacado.

For lunch it changes but I usually have some mixed veggies, a little bit of chicken and then a salad or something. Lately its been a lot of cabbage soup though.

For dinner I eat a salad with a little bit of meat next to it-without dressing. I dont eat past 6.

If I get hungry during the day I snack on some unsalted/unsweetened almonds or an apple.

I drink a lot of water, I cut out all liquids other then water. I havent measured but I would say I get around 12 glasses a day?

As for excersing, every morning I do an hour of laps in the pool. Then Monday and Friday I run on the treadmill. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I do a half hour of weights.

I have seen the doctor and asked, but they didnt say anything. They just said pretty much that I need to try harder.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybear View Post

food,

For lunch it changes but I usually have some mixed veggies, a little bit of chicken and then a salad or something. Lately its been a lot of cabbage soup though.

For dinner I eat a salad with a little bit of meat next to it-without dressing. I dont eat past 6.

If I get hungry during the day I snack on some unsalted/unsweetened almonds or an apple.

I drink a lot of water, I cut out all liquids other then water. I havent measured but I would say I get around 12 glasses a day?

As for excersing, every morning I do an hour of laps in the pool. Then Monday and Friday I run on the treadmill. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I do a half hour of weights.

I have seen the doctor and asked, but they didnt say anything. They just said pretty much that I need to try harder.
Do you feel full on your diet? Have you counted the calories in an average day? I really wonder if you're getting in enough food, especially since it sounds like you're exercising quite a bit. When you say a little bit of meat/chicken, what portion size are you talking about? If you're lifting you really need to make sure to get in a decent amount so that your body can build muscles. It's especially good to get in at least a bit of protein after a workout (I typically eat maybe 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, for instance).

Is there a reason you don't eat after 6 (I'm guessing maybe you go to bed really early and wake up early?) but just wondering.

What type of doctor did you ask? I'm not sure what your insurance plan is but is there anybody else you can talk to, especially someone who has more experience with weight loss and obesity.

Also, when you say the beginning of the summer... how many weeks as it been?

Oh, and have you ever tried something like a BodyBug to see how many calories you're burning in a day?
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Would you be willing to start Calorie Counting for one week in order to see just how many calories that adds up to?

Looking at it from here... well it honestly doesn't seem like a whole lot of food with the amount of exercising you're doing. And part of me really wants to add in more protein and a little more fat to the day.

Also. Do start taking pictures and measurements. If the scale is stalled, you could definitely be showing progress in other ways with all the activity you're doing.

I'm sorry that your doctor wasn't much help. Honestly, I find unless the doctor is specifically weight-based, they don't know any more than your average person on the street about losing weight.

Be patient, you'll find what clicks.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #11  
I choose me...

Quote:

food,

Hey girl Ok so these are my honest thoughts, based on what I do for myself, so you may agree or not, whatever works for you kay

I think an egg everyday is too much (if you are eating the yolk) How are you cooking the egg? Boil? Poached? Is it only 1 egg or 2 or 3? If it's in butter or oil cut that out. Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, but keep it in moderation. Cut it up in a salad and don't use the whole thing. I think your fat content in the morning is too high. If you like eggs (and I do) how about an egg white omlette? I make them in the microwave with no butter or oil, slice some mushrooms and green peppers and yum! I eat it on the hollywood thin sliced bread (only 110 cals for 2 slices) and low in sodium. I buy the egg whites in a container from the store, just the no name type.

Ok for lunch how are you cooking your veggies? Steamed is best. Are you putting anything on them? How are you cooking your chicken and is it lean? Chicken breast is best, and do not fry or bread. How much cabbage soup are you eating?

I'm also wondering about your portion sizes at lunch and dinner. What size plate are you using? I eat out of my kids plates. Regular adult plates make me eat more than I should.

Are you only drinking water all day? Any tea, coffee, pop or juice? And if you are having tea and coffee what are you putting in it?

I would also say pick up on your cardio and switch things up a bit. If you've been doing lap for a long time your body become accustomed to it. Have you tried aerobics, running etc? When was the last time you switched up your workout?

Hope that helped!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #12  

I havent considered calorie counting, I'll do that for a week and see what I turn up.

I do not drink any coffee or tea or pop, I cut everything out at the start of the year.

The 25 pounds was in the middle of may, I dont know how many weeks thats been now.

The meat I eat with each meal is probably about 1/4 a cup. and I do eat off of children plates, I have the same problem with the adult plates. -lol-

The veggies I dont cook, I dont like cooked vegetables.

Salads are about one cup? Give or take a little bit.

Thank you guys for your suggestions!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #13  
I choose me...

Yeah the calorie count would be great to see where you are cause I don't think anyone can tell exactly how much you are eating. You could be eating too little as well.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
The meat I eat with each meal is probably about 1/4 a cup. and I do eat off of children plates, I have the same problem with the adult plates. -lol-
Every bite, lick and taste can add up fast. So when you're counting your food make sure to calculate THOSE things as well!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I agree that your best bet would be to calorie count for a week and then follow up here with those numbers. My guess is that you are eating too little. Especially given how much you are exercising.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote