Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default RUNNING September to Remember!!!!! DO IT!

Oh my gosh! I almost blew it again! It's September already...where has the year gone? How far have you run? Did you just start? Whatever the circumstances, we are all here with out of the same passion - RUNNING!

So declare it here, share your questions, thoughts and inspirations - All are welcome
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

So no run for me today, ST and Yoga. Did 5 yesterday hitting 715 for the year so far, only 285 to go!

Been busy busy busy, so sorry I haven't been around much to offer support. Going through some big life decisions and it's got me a little distracted

Keep it up everybody - let's make this month awesome!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Did 3 at lunch today - pretty hot and humid and my time wasn't great. I run my first 5K (charity run) a week from Saturday and I am SO nervous. When I have runs like today's that kind of suck, I worry that I won't be able to complete. I might be just tired - between walking and running since Monday I've gone 23 miles...
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #4  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Ncuneo, I’m so thrilled you started this thread! I ran 4.3 this a.m. and my time was not that great, but I ran last night and I have to run again in the a.m. to meet my weekly challenge of 3x/week. I am going camping this weekend and there will be no other time left in the week. MFP post pretty much summed up my morning today. I didn’t feel like going after running 4 miles last night, but I DID IT. It wasn’t a record-breaking event, nor a personal best across the finish line, but IDID FINISH! (I felt great and HUNGRY afterwards).

This month, my goal is to run 3x/week at least 4 miles each time, adding hill intervals 2x/week. I am planning to do the Cooper-Young 4-miler, new race for me, on September 16. I am also starting to gear up for the annual St. Jude Marathon/ ½ Marathon in December. I still can’t train again for the ½ due to back injury, but I always do the Memphis Grizzly House 5K. I really want to beat my previous times.

That's it! My men are at the bottom of the siggy keeping me accountable for my goal this week! I'm hoping to shed 3.5 lbs this month with all of the extra running. My scale and body LOVE this size!!!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I had the GPS off on my garmin by accident so I couldn't map tonight's run. BUT. I did my 5kms.

5kms in... wait for it... 31:58!!!! Personal best! From 35:59 on August 21 to 34:45 on August 29 to 31:58! I beat my last personal best by almost three minutes. WOW. I can do this!
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #6  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

Ok! I don't know if I can officially call myself a RUNNER, but I have been running and walking a few miles every other day so I am going to join in on thisbfor motivation to keep me going at it. I want to go 4miles 3x a week so a month goal of 50 miles.
I also want to be ablt to do 2miles without slowing to a walk ... right now I can run about a 12 min mile.. slow I know and 5k in 40minutes.... I also hope that improoves. I will have buko more time for exercized starting on the 6th.. both my kids start school .. CAN YOU HEAR MY EXCITEMENT... YAYY JUMP SCREAN DANCE!!!!... I hope to really be a runner like you all someday!
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I ran 2 miles today, but it was in 2 increments. I did HIIT again, I run on my rebounder while I watch tv. my throat got a little dry and I wasn't sure if I wanted to drink water or not, what do you normally do???
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I looked up previous results for the run that I'm doing in a few weeks. If I can run the same time I ran last night I should place in the top third of my age group. Unreal. I thought I would be the last one moseying on past the finish line.

I am so MOTIVATED.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #9  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Good morning, everyone! I am slowly working my way up to the 5K that I am doing next month and I am up to 2.22 miles as of this morning. I am hoping to run that again on Sunday and then bump it up to 2.5 miles next week. I ran the 2.22 miles in 25:43, so that puts me between an 11-12 minute mile...slow, yes, but I am doing this for endurance right now. I just want to be able to finish the 5K!

fozen ~ Awesome work on the time improvement!!

brillmama ~ It sounds to me like you are a runner!

jendiet ~ I don't drink water when I'm running because: a) on the treadmill I would totally bite it b/c I am not coordinated, and b) I don't bring water with me when I run outside. But, if you are thirsty, grab a quick drink if you need it!

K9owner ~ I'm trying to run 3x a week as well. It pushes me to not slack!

Cherry ~ It is so difficult to get out there when it's hot and humid. I went out at 6 a.m. this morning b/c the heat index with humidity today is supposed to be over 100 degrees today...yuck. It was already nasty outside when I went out so early.

ncuneo ~ Thanks for starting the September thread!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #10  
Closet health nut!

Depends on the time of year for me. Summer - water on anything over 5 miles or if it's excessively hot. In the winter I generally don't take water, even on my long runs. That's said I'm hydrating ALL the time - 100oz most days. So PLEASE drink water! Hydration is super important and will eventually effect your performance.

Intervals today - 5 miles total, 3 of running.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/133.4/123

Height: 5'3

7 miles this morning. I'm fairly new to considering myself a "runner." I did couch to 5k last fall and ran about 30 minutes 3 times a week from November 2010 - June 2011. However, I didn't really start to enjoy running until I started pushing myself to do longer distances 2 months ago. Now I love it!
tigrre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #12  

I ran 2 miles today. It was straight through . Still doing a mile in 16 minutes, but that is ok. Of course my time today was 32 minutes. I'm consistent.

I did end up drinking water because sucking air down a dry throat, does not feel good.

I'm going to try to keep up the 2 miles/day because I feel really good with that, I am not going to be sad if I can't run it in one shot, because I know it adds up.

tigr, I'd say you are a runner. wow.
nc, I think with the new running, and I am still breastfeeding...I am noticing the need for hydration ALOT more. thanks for the advice.

Emme, I think endurance is better than a fast mile. Great job. I hope I can do that soon.

fozen, it sounds like you are going to do awesome!

Did 1 more mile at 2 am. Just felt like doing it. 17 min again. It brought my blood sugar back down from 137 (pizza and sweet tea) to 86. So that was good.

Last edited by jendiet; 09-03-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:06 AM   #13  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

This was my first week of running 50 miles in preparation for a full marathon. I was scared of that many miles a few months ago, but now it doesn't seem too bad. I haven't suffered any overuse injuries (yet) so I consider myself extremely lucky.
It's so nice to see everyone here, enjoying running. Good luck to everyone whether you're training for a race or just running for the love of it.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

I don't know ifI can consider myself as a runner, but I jog every morning for about 45 mins. I do interval trainings (I'm kind of new and out of shape, so I really need interval training) and usually I run about 5 miles. When I started 2 months ago, I did 3 miles in about 40-45 mins
jogging really makes me feel good about myself, also this nice fresh air in the morning ... It refreshes every cell in my body (to be a bit of a poet ) I really enjoy it, even though I'm probbably moving indoors with october due to the (usual) low orning temperatures we get here between october and march. So I was thinking about jogging in the gym (these threadmills are ALWAYS vacant in my gym ) and doing some spinning classes to keep my shape up
I'm planning on running a 10k in spring and I really want to prepare myself well, because I want to do it with a good time score
My journal of exercise is in my sig

Last edited by aleksandra; 09-03-2011 at 06:47 AM.
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #15  

legs feel a little wobbly today, and my weight is up...how do you know you are overtraining?