Old 09-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #1  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Default Losing it too fast?

Hey there. I saw a post on here that a healthy weight loss is 2lbs a week max. I'm a bit worried about my loss, I don't want to gain it back once I hit goal or severely plateau that I end up giving up. I've lost 4lbs this week, last week only 1lbs the week before that 3lbs. I eat around 1300 cals a day but I do workout 5 times a week doing the following:

Mon/Wed/Fri: Turbo Jam Cardio party 2 or 3
Tues and Thurs: Fat Blaster then 1/2 hr of weights (arms, abs, butt, thighs)

Rest on the weekend and I usually do Sushi on the weekends, or Indian food, my partner and I slack a bit and enjoy a treat for a doing a good job during the week, and it hasn't effect our progress.

The average loss has been around the 3lbs/week. Am I only setting myself up for failure if I'm losing too fast? Am I working out too much?

I really want to do this in a healthy way! And I want to get fit and lean.
Thanks!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #2  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I've lost 80 pounds in the last 25 weeks, which averages out to 3.2lb a week. Some of those weeks showed a 6+ pound loss, one week I lost nothing. I think that if you are consistent with healthy food choices, watching portions and caloric intake, and exercising then you'll be fine.

Good luck!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Some weeks were 3 or 3.5 pounds for me--other ones slowed to just 1 pound. 1300 is about where I was at as well. If you are making those calories really count you are going to be just fine!

It seems to me that what you are doing is working for YOU!!!! Don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Swim like **** Girl!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #4  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Whewww ok thanks girls! I wanted to just make sure. Yes maintenance worries me, espeically if my fitness level goes up and how much to increase in my diet. Ok will continue as is, I think it's because I have so much more energy working out I'm burning much more that I'm finding if I do slack a bit here and there it doesn't effect me. It's keeping it all in check though and not going overboard and keeping up with my exercise level and trying to improve it.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I wouldn't worry about losing too fast, sounds like you are doing great!!

More importantly, you have found a plan that works for YOU! And that is what is going to get you through maintenance!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote