Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Changing my "goal weight"

When I started this fitness and health quest in July 2010, I couldn't imagine myself reaching onderland, no less making it to goal.

I'm planning on conceiving child #2 (TTC) in November. So that is 2 months away. I am a realist, and am coming to grips that I can't make it to 165 in two months. But maybe I can make it to 175. If it takes me longer than that, then I'll be able to take off more before I conceive.

I have a large frame and size 12 shoe, so I figure maybe I'd be OK with myself at 175 for the long haul. Anyway, I feel kind of guilty by changing my goal weight, which is lame, because I just picked it based on BMI anyways. So I'm gonna do it chickies. 175 is the new goal weight. OK, done. Thanks for listening to this craziness.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I think that's great! You have to settle in at a goal that's not only comfortable but realistically maintainable. I, personally, think you made the right decision.

Good luck TTC!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #3  

Thanks Gale.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I think what you are doing makes total sense. You have accomplished SO much and are SO much healthier now, which is going to be a big asset in your upcoming pregnancy.

and honestly, a goal is just a number - I am not even picking a final goal at this point. Maybe once I get closer, I'll have a better idea, or maybe as someone recently posted on another thread, my goal weight will find me. Sounds like your goal has found you!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Wow, you have come SO FAR. I think that's completely reasonable to change your goal, especially with TTC in mind. Good luck with TTC!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #6  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

You have done great so far, and 175 sounds like an awesome goal. You can do it! We are TTC in November, too, but for #1. Good luck to you!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #7  

Thanks all.
And Emme, good luck to you on baby #1. Maybe we'll be in the pregnancy support section together!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #8  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

Numbers are so transient anyway. Congratulations on making a great decision for you. And congratulations on your plans to conceive baby #2. Proof that my 15YO son is wrong - people do plan pregnancies!

You and your doctor will decide a number for after you become pregnant. And then, you'll decide a new number. But you are so much more prepared to have a healthy and enjoyable pregnancy now.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote