Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #1  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Sarge's No Excuses & No Whining Boot Camp #14

SARGE'S COOTIE FREE HAPPY PLACE INTERACTIVE PLAYROOM!!!!!!

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 68 lbs./30%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who gives 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your "BUTT-er" (that's a salute to Private MadamGooey).

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge and the platoon to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get if you don't meet your goal each week!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," THIS IS YOUR LIFE YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR!

--DON'T join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--DON'T join if you're a daily scale watcher or only looking for company to share details about your daily life, pets, cra*py job, and other pity-party themes.

--DON'T join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--DON'T join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--DON'T join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Excuses and reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed! There are many other threads on 3FC that offer loads of "soft" support and make you feel it's ok to slack on your weight loss efforts. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE THREADS!

RULES: IT'S EASY! Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday by posting a pledge to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

Newbie posts should look like this: Hi Sarge, I'm new! I promise to lose ___ pounds next week!

ALL ARE WELCOME (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge
__________________________________________________ _______________
PLAY ALONG WITH THE PLATOON

VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA: 5068 MILES COMPLETE OF 5,048! MISSION COMPLETED!!!!

GLOBAL TREK COUNT: 6,244.47 MILES COMPLETED OF 24,625 MILES

EARTH TO MOON COUNT: MILES COMPLETE OF 238,857 MILES

SPREADSHEET LINK: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Play Fitocracy against others in the platoon at: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
PLATOON NUTRITION:

PEANUTT'S FREQUENTLY REQUESTED FOOD IN YOUR FURNACE ANALOGY: http://pamisaloser.wordpress.com/

RIES GUIDE TO WORKOUT NUTRITION:http://fitbodyhype.com/nutrition/ult...n-infographic/

MadamB's NUTRITION LINK: http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

Last edited by JayTee; 09-08-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #2  
SARGE

Pledges Week 8/28 - 9/5

Ries = 1 /// (-1)
K3 = 1 /// (-2.3)
Anon = 1 /// (-1)
Budget = 1 /// (-2.2)
Josey = 1 /// (-1)
Peanutt = 1 /// (-1.2)
Mya = 1.5 /// (-1.4)
Diyana = 1 /// (-2)
Jeanettey = 3 /// (-5) HOLY SMOKES!
Ksquared = 3 /// (-3)
Rmc = 1 /// (-1.4)
Munchey = 3 /// (-2)
Kitty = 1 /// -0-
Shake = 1 /// (-2)
Brown = 1 /// -0-
Chesh = 1 /// (-1)
Skinny = 2 /// (-2.4)
Rated = .4 /// (2.2) NICELY DONE!
Dreamer = 1 /// (-3.4)
Kuri = 1 /// (-.6)
MindyMoo = 1 /// -0-
Dzak = 2 /// (-2.2)
Kneed = 1.5 /// (-1)
Sarati = 1 /// (-1)
Joyful = 1 /// (-.5)
Reso = 1 /// -0-

Noobs:
Ennay = 1 /// (-4) WOW!!!!

Maintainers/Coffee Break:
Sarge
MadamB
Pokey
Iamerican
Chick
Rainbow
Celrae
PacSun
Envelope / Hospital

Total Goal = 35.4 /// NET LOSS SO FAR = 43.7 lbs. /// 123%

PLEDGES WEEK 9/4-9/11

Anon = 1
Dzak = 1.5
Brown = 1
Mya = 1.5
Ennay = 1
Josey = 1
Skinny = 1
Sarati = 1
MindyMoo = 1
Shake = 1
Kuri = 1
Rated = 1.2
Peanutt = .5
Ksquared = 2
Chesh = .5
Rmc = 1
Munchey = 2
Reso = 1
Joyful = .5
Kneed = 1.5
Chick = 1
Ries = 1
K3 = 1
Diyana = 1
Kitty = 1

Maintainers/Coffee Break/Vacations
Sarge
Pokey
MadamB
Iamerican
Chick
Rainbow
Celrae
PacSun
Envelope / Hospital
Budget (-2 for week after)

100 lb. goal buddies / First to lose 100lbs wins!: Jeanettey (-27), Me1st (-4), Diyana (-14.3), KittyKat (-17)

JUST DOING IT! TOTAL NUMBER OF WEEKS MADE GOAL/PLEDGE Envelope (x8) vs. Josey (x5)

FIRST TO 100 CHEAT FREE DAYS: Dreamer (49) vs. Budget Baby (7) vs. Jeanettey (49)

Race to 20! (started 8/15/11): KittyKat ( 2 ), K3 ( 3.6 ), Envelope (3.6 ), Kneed (3 ), Urth ( ), PacSun (1.2 ), Ksqared ( ), Jeanettey ( 5 ), Dreamer (3.4)

First to 155 (started 8/15/11): Anon (190) , Josey (181), HotPink (193)

Platoon's Fitocracy.com leader board: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

CONGRATS BL Summer Challengers for sticking it out til the end and bringing the flag of honor to the platoon!
Red Team: Peanutt (RED TEAM WINNER), Dreamer, Celrae, K3, Rated

BLACK OPS TEAM IN TRAINING FOR FALL BL CHALLENGE/FALL SHOW STARTS 9/20: Rated, Ries, Josey, Rainbow, Anon, PacSun, Ksquared, Pokey, Joyful, Dzak, Jeanettey

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Envelope-- 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)
Pokey - Urbanathon (11/5)
Riestrella -- 10K (8/14), 5K (9/24), 10K (10/16), 1/2 Marathon (11/6)
Joyful -- 10k (9/11), 5k (9/18), MARATHON (10/9)
RMC -- 5K (9/18)

__________________________________________________ ______

For those new to our Platoon Trek, we left base camp on 5/15/2011...

Leg 1: Trek Across America via American Discovery Trail: 5,048 miles Mission Complete
(Here's the link so you can think about how far each of you has trekked individually: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm
This leg completed on 8/1/2011 by 32 members contributing miles.

Leg 2: On 8/7/2011 22 platoon members left the Golden Gate Bridge headed to Osaka, Japan.

Here's the current course:
Golden Gate Bridge across Pacific Ocean to Osaka, Japan (5372.218 miles) -- 2,779.28 complete
Oasaka to Great Wall of China (1565.896)
Great Wall to Great Pyramids in Egypt (4298.751)
Pyramids to The Coloseum in Italy (1323.483)
Italy to Barcelona, Spain (1323.483)
Barcelona across the Atlantic back to Delaware, our starting point in Trek America (3966.18) for a grand total = 24,625 miles.

WE'VE STILL GOT 2,592.93 LEFT TO GO IN OPEN WATER

Last edited by JayTee; 09-05-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #3  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
SARGE'S COOTIE FREE HAPPY PLACE INTERACTIVE PLAYROOM!!!!!!
Really!?!?

Well I guess I consider this thread to be part of my 'happy place'
Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #4  
SARGE

K3 -- First post earns you a prize, a "Cootie Free" keyring!

Troops -- Help Sarge out on the side challenges...if I haven't updated or am missing something just let me know. I can't risk going back into the last thread for info and having a cootie hitch a ride over here!

Sarge headed to workout and to log minutes toward our 168 hour goal...

Last edited by JayTee; 08-29-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #5  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

K3 - Great job on the BL challenge!! You almost caught me....almost.

Cocktails and butt whooping from the Commando....sounds like an awesome time!!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #6  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

peanutt- Nice job yourself!! You kicked butt. I almost caught up, almost. The point is I made my 10% goal and I'm super excited about that

Cocktails with the Commando, I could get on board for that.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #7  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Oh oh, hardcore peanutt is cracking the whip!!

@Anon - I am in. The challenge sounds great. A whole week of workouts! Do we count running as time too? I usually only enter the miles not the time but now I am wondering...

@Chesh & Peanutt - I am in!! I will pack some snow for shipping as soon as we get some. End of September? And some degrees to keep it cold. I definitely don't look forward to winter

@celrae - I hear you! I got totally stressed out a few weeks ago. To my complete surprise I turned it around with exercise!!! I had some rough days and just upped my exercise trying to channel my frustration and it worked! Not sure how I came up with the idea (exercise used to be the last thing that came to mind) but I am glad I did!

@envelope - I picture Sarge and MadamB (and now Peanutt) too when I run! LOL

@Sarge - I think I earned a 5x on the challenge with envelope. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #8  
just do it!

Great pic find, josey!! I couldn't resist snagging it for my profile pic!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Sarge: I've heard of sleeping with the fishies, but I never pictured it quite that way! Count me in --- and you better tell Commando Steve to eat his Wheaties since there will be a MachenSieBeddenBouncin Endurance Contest and the man has a reputation to protect, after all. (And a slight correction: I pledged 2 pounds this week --- THANKS!)

K3: Do you suppose the key on your new ring unlocks Commando Steve's door? Better watch your back. I suspect you will also be the lucky recipient of a whole lot of silent assassination practice sessions.

Peanutt: Thanks for the invitation! I'm in two minds about accepting and simply beside myself with anticipation, so --- can I bring a guest?

Josey: Using exercise to kill stress is a great idea! Not only do you give your mind lots of time to devise a way to remove the stress sources without leaving a trail for the police to follow, you buff up your body and sharpen the physical skills to pull it all off! Definitely a win-win!

Off to consume miles and minutes for the Savage Spreadsheet ---here is a Monday Morning warm-up to try to ease you into the week.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #10  
just do it!

Skinny - Of course! Especially if it's Commando Steve.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #11  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Sarge - If you do get Commando Steve to accept your invitation

I'm going to get dropped in.

And I am happy to report I am cootie free............

I have one more pic to share just because I thought it was funny.

Last edited by Jeanettey; 08-29-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #12  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Skinny- AWESOME video!! I love that, just the thing I needed to my already strange morning. I totally agree that exercising is a great way to relieve stress, plus you end up feeling so proud of yourself that you get that extra boost too.

Peanutt- thanks for the poster. I am printing that one out, that's been my biggest challenge lately- feeling totally invisible and checked out.

Sarge- I'll just tread water while you guys enjoy the evening with Commando Steve; turns out I have my own dream guy living under the same roof (see below!)

Okay can I just tell you guys about last night?? I posted what, 3 or 4 times in a row on here last night? Well now I realize that was my usual inner dialogue...so welcome to my brain! Anyways, my husband totally connected and jumped right in to help motivate me- it was amazing. He ran next door, asked our neighbor to listen for the babies, and we got dressed and went out for a jog. He kept telling me awesome, encouraging things. He listened. He kept a good pace and I ran for more time than I have in YEARS, we just kept going and going. And every now and then he would give me a tip on how to improve my running form and breathing.

Then we came home and I showed him the fitocracy site and he helped me earn more points (he picked exercises and told me to do them, while he counted and logged them.) When I got to the last set up crunches I just kept going, but had to stop at seventy, because he was counting like this: "Sexy-one, sexy two, sexy three..." and seventy was "Sexy-ten!!"

Love my sexy, supportive soldier. Sorry Commando Steve.

Anywho, I'm putting the scale in the closet for the next couple of weeks (bringing it out only for the BL game I committed to) and focusing on bringing the fitness aspect back, and getting back to my calorie counting and macronutrient ratios and all that jazz. Mainly though, I'm gonna run. That, last night, was amazing.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #13  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Jeanettey- THat poster reminds me of my neighbor who came over this weekend to play Battle of the Sexes. The question was "how long is the first phase on the south beach diet?"

His answer: "One day, because the first step is admitting you're fat!!"
Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #14  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Pacsun - soooooooooo proud of you for not giving up on you!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #15  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Great pic find, josey!! I couldn't resist snagging it for my profile pic!
Love the new profile pic!! :-)
Closed Thread