Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Red face Who's been MIA but back?

It's probably been 6+ months since I've logged on. In that time I've put on 20+ pounds. Argggh! The Christmas fudge was my downfall

I've noticed since I've been back in the last week or so there are several others who were MIA and now back.

Who wants to join me for a little support? cfmama, I hope you are reading this and will join me. I've missed you and you are such a source of encouragement! There are others out there I just can't recall off the top of my head, but if you're reading this please join me

I'm try Intermittent Fasting and I think this could be the ticket for me, we'll see. It's just going to be trial and error to get back on track, but getting back on track it just what I intend on doing

I have lost any and all perspective. I still have some good habits so it hasn't been a total loss. In the past, if I put on any weight I just threw in the towel and gave up. But, here is something interesting. While I'm not happy about my weight gain, and I've gone up at least one size in clothing, I somehow have gained the ability to realize that I still look smaller than my start weight. In the past any weight gain meant I suddenly was back at my start weight (in appearance). Does that make sense? So to keep myself accountable and give myself some perspective, I've printed up two photos. One at my start weight and one taken a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to put them on my fridge as a reminder of where I'm at, where I could be headed if I don't get back on the wagon, and where I've been.

Here is something neat that coincidentally happened this evening. One of my grown sons came up to me and said, "I was looking at some high school pictures tonight. I knew you had been losing weight and were looking really good but I didn't realize how much weight you had lost until I looked at those old pictures. I just wanted you to know how proud I am of you!" Wow, that was really nice to hear and actually very encouraging

Anyway, I hope some of the returning MIA's will join me here. Let's talk about our struggles, what's working, and encourage each other! I've been so ashamed at falling off the wagon... I sure could use some company and support
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #2  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Hah, you found me. I've been lurking for a few weeks. I hit goal last summer and then gained 20 pounds back.

But I'm back on plan. My goal is to get fit again. I started running this week, but I'm uncertain about my eating plan. I'm cutting out processed foods, sugar, and flour.

I'll adjust my ticker now and stop hiding.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #3  

Meee! lol I've been a member for years. I was losing, then got pregnant, had the baby in 2010, then was back losing, and recently I took time away because I haven't been dieting really. I've gotten into running and was visiting some running forums, but they were less than welcoming. The past day or so, I've been eating completely out of control. Its 110% because I am streesed about this hurricane. But it showed me that I have not conquered my emtional eating as I thought I had, nor have I found other ways to handle stress. So I chalk this up to a learning lesson, and when it is over I need to go back to the drawing board on some things. I don't just want to lose the last 15 lbs, I want to have a normal relationship with food and well I guess that's why I keep coming back, because everyone here is so supportive.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #4  

I'm so tickled to find the two of you! We can do this!!!

MC (hope you don't mind the abbreviation, you can call me ANC or Lou), I hear where you're coming from...it's almost like finding your way all over again. Sigh....but, I KNOW we can do this. I guess we just need to get comfortable with a trial and error approach? I know you can't wrong with your plan. I admire anyone who runs! Cutting out processed foods, sugar and white flour is always a good thing. An excellent plan in my book!

GG827, (again I hope you don't mind the abbreviation), this is a great place of support! I really understand where you're coming from also. I hope this doesn't come off too negative because that's not where I'm coming from at all--but, I think for some of us it's just going to be a lifelong lesson in continually finding out what's working and what isn't. I too want a normal relationship with food but I'm okay with understanding that I may just have to be a little more aware than others. My prayer is always for 'normal' but if I don't get there then I at least never want to take for granted that I must be a little more vigilant than others. Does that make sense? Stay safe, warm & dry!

I hope you're all having a great, on plan weekend! I also hope to see more of us here, full of cheer and encouragement, creating a safe place when one of us is having a bad day.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

OH yes. This would be me. In the last year I've STRUGGLED with being on antidepressants (which literally made me feel as if I was starving and would not survive without food RIGHT NOW) and then feeling so good and so NOT OCD!!!! Guess what? Being OCD HELPS me lose weight... who would have figured???

So I gained over 40 lbs back. I've been on plan now for 25 days (scale free) and I'm sure there's a loss there. This is the longest by far that I've been on plan in the last year.

So I'm very glad to be back and to give and get support once again Thanks for starting this thread friend!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #6  

cfmama, I'm so glad to see you here! I'm so sorry to hear your struggle with meds, OCD, weight gain. But, Wow, I am impressed with you! 40 days on plan is awesome!!! Girlfriend, you know how to stage a comeback

May I ask a question? Is your plan to get back on plan and then weigh yourself? Or are you just going to gauge progress by how your clothes are fitting? I ask because I tend to want to weigh myself on a daily basis but I'm holding off for a weekly weigh in. I need to find that sweet spot that keeps me on plan and accountable but not freaking out because of those swings the scale can make after a salty meal

So far, it's been a good weekend. On plan. I'm off to scrapbook with the neighbors. I do not plan on snacking (there are always goodies there) but I'm taking my ginormous bottle of water and will treat myself to a black coffee during our break time.

Hope everyone is staying on plan and having a great Sunday!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #7  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Me, too!

I started here last fall and was a regular in the calorie counting forum. I had managed to get down to 169 pounds. But put it back on after having some minor surgery, which meant I couldn't exercise for a couple of months. For me, eating healthy and exercise go hand in hand. So being depressed about not being able to exercise led me right to the fridge to stuff my face. Not a good excuse at all!

I had put on almost all the weight I had lost (56 pounds!!! ), getting back up to 225. I finally decided to start a weight loss blog with my sister to help inspire me. Nothing like accountability to keep you on your toes. Since starting that blog on July 25th of this year, I have not gone off my diet once and am extrememly motivated. I wish I had thought of doing that years ago when blogging first started.

Last edited by sandcar150; 08-28-2011 at 04:22 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #8  

sandcar150, thanks for joining us!

I am envious of those who blog. I just hit a wall when it comes to blogging but then again, I never kept a diary as a young girl either. I am hoping this thread will do for me (and others) what blogging is doing for you. Keep me accountable!

Okay, I'm saying it here....Next Friday I weigh in and see if a week on plan shows any results!

Today has been a really good day. On plan. No snacking at my scrapbooking meeting this afternoon. Black coffee and water were the only things I took in. And believe me when I tell you our host went all out with all kinds of goodies!

Here is something interesting that happened tonight. Dinner was just awful and I said to my husband, my calories are too valuable to waste on mediocre or crappy food. So, I took a moment to make myself something more to my satisfaction. In the past I might have eaten that dinner and then craved something better and over eaten. It matters to me that I eat within my calorie limits and eat well when I do.

See everyone on Monday!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7

Raises hand..I never fully participated in this site. But when I finally logged back on today and saw my last recorded weight when I was posting here before was 20ish pounds less than I weigh now...I got really upset!! ugh. So yeah, Im in with the in crowd when it comes to this thread
Nonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #10  

Welcome Nonster! Sounds like you're here just in time to nip a full backslide in the bud. We can do this!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #11  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!

ANewCreation, I totally agree with you about making each meal/snack count. I feel so ripped off when my meals are just so-so. We have to put ourselves first and treat ourselves with respect. To me that means not settling on dry meat and a bland salad. If we make our calories count, we are more likey to stay on plan, right?

Oh, and I'm down 2.5 pounds this week! Yay!!!

Last edited by sandcar150; 08-29-2011 at 01:02 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote