Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Is that fat or muscle?

I've noticed recently that on the top of my thigh (basically where my quads are) has a strange texture underneath the skin. It's not the skin itself (and it doesn't look like cellulite at all, I know, I have plenty on my back of my thighs, butt! ) but if I rub it has a bumpy texture. It also happens that that area specifically is really itchy (not sure if that's related at all ).

So mostly I was curious, what is it underneath there that is making that bump texture? My uneducated guess would be visceral fat because it's pretty solid and I can feel my muscles on my bicep/calves and it doesn't feel like that. Mostly, I'm just curious because the bumpy texture was so odd.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

This happened to me while I was losing weight before my last pregnancy, and when it started happening this time again, I was psyched--which sounds weird! I have it in my stomach, and it feels like small marbles (maybe this is different from what you're experiencing in your thighs, but it reminded me of it). I think of it as fat breaking up, but I really don't know exactly what's scientifically going on--I just know it's a good sign of weight loss for me
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

By your desciption that is fat and it is a sign you're losing fat in the area.

Also - it is subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat is the fat around your organs in your midsection. You don't have any in your legs.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote