Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Default Food jags

So does anybody else deal with this?

I will get really focused on a specific food or a specific food pairing for example peaches or cherries and almonds eaten together, and that is all I want to eat. I try to not indulge in these cravings more then a 2-3 times a day and I mostly work them into my plan and stay within my calorie range. However it is a fight with myself all day sometimes for days at a time

It used to be, before my lifestyle change, that I would binge on these food obsessions like I would eat 5-6 peaches in an hours time. The ritual was get one, wash it, sit down and eat it, get up to take the pit and napkin to the green bin, grab another peach, repeat for an hour or more! Anyway I do not binge any more but I still get the desire to only eat specific foods and when I eat it, it tastes super good and I do savour it, mostly Is this strange? does anyone else do something similar?
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Not exactly but I tend to eat the same things over and over. I'll cook 3 days worth of a meal and instead of being bored, I'm just happy that I've got good food ready and waiting for me.

The plan I'm on has a list of 100 foods that you are allowed to eat, and that's all you are allowed to eat. But in reality, I eat probably more like 20 things, and just keep having those same things over and over! lol!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've always been like this, dieting or not. Once I ate tuna sandwiches every day for a month. Sometimes I'll eat the same meal several times in a day. I also have little rituals for eating food.

Oddly enough, thought, when I'm OP these foods are rarely junk food. I think I crave it less. The other night I made a whole-wheat, light chicken alfredo (320 calories/serving), and just want to eat it for every meal. I figure that I'm not particularly harming myself by eating foods redundantly- for the most part I'll eat a pretty balanced diet- and my main fight is with eating too much and too poorly. If my body wants to crave a decently healthy food within my calorie range, I say let it.

Last edited by kelly315; 08-27-2011 at 05:55 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Have you ever tried breaking the cycle before it gets to a compulsive-type feeling? Do you have any other OCD-ish tendencies in your life, or is it only with food?

There's some really basic behaviour modification exercises to get away from the pull/lure of this type of thing, if you're interested in changing it that is. Maybe it doesn't bother you, maybe it does. Otherwise, keeping it all within your calorie range is the best way to handle it, which you are doing.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

This happens to me too, my most recent one is a tortilla spread with a bit of peanut butter and wrapped around a banana. If I let myself I think I could eat 10 of them in a day.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Tuna. For reals. I get these really yummy flavoured tuna (italian pesto, lemon pepper, ginger) and I really have to restrain myself and only eat one a day.

This is also the reason I STOPPED buying protein bars. They taste just enough like a chocolate bar that I was finding reasons to not eat a balanced meal and just eat them instead...

So I feel ya!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote