General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default Why am I so tired?

Hello all,
I am writting cause the last few weeks I have been beyond lethargic. Nothing in my lifestyle has changed. My diet is pretty much the same, I am a vegetarian but eat fruit and nuts and beans. I mean I have been one for 18 years so I know how to eat and what to eat. I usually don't sleep much I mean six or seven hours is more than enough. The last few weeks though I go to bed at 11:00pm and get up at 9:00am. I am a stay at home mom so I can do that but it really bothers me, I hate sleeping and 10 hours!!!! I also have no energy to work-out or even think about working out. I had my iron tested about one month ago and it was perfect so its not that.
I have no idea what this could be. I am going out to buy a multi-vitamin today but not sure if that will help.
Any ideas?
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

When they tested your iron did they also test your thyroid? I was fine and then all of a sudden I wasn't. I could never get enough sleep and I was exhausted all the time. Sure enough, thyroid.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

How many calories are you eating per day? Also, maybe you feel tired because you're sleeping so much- it happens to me all the time.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #4  
Releasing the inner hiker

Low iron is not the only cause for exhaustion. Have you had your Vitamin D, B12, or other vits/minerals checked recently?
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote