Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 07:01 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Smile WLS Chat......week of 6/23

Morning all!

Barb, so that's who was waving at us from the mustang. We waved back, did ya see?

Jiff keep the updates coming.

peachie are you finished with the new Harry Potter book yet? One of these days I will break down and read them.

I must share this Yesterday I actually.........are you ready for this..........RAN!! Yep, went to the park to walk with hubby......who walks much faster than I do (also has longer legs) We always start out waking together than he goes on his merry way. Yesterday I decided to keep up with him so I ran.......not far, maybe 50 yards, but I RAN!!!!

have a good day
Old 06-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Deb,
mark this day in your Journal! Makers to change are incredable!

I am waiting to see how jiff is making out :0
-L
Old 06-23-2003, 09:41 AM   #3  
CatGal

WOW! I think the last time I ran, was in Junior High School! And I HAD to! WTG!
G
Old 06-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

RUNNING????? oh NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! please tell me you took to your bed to recover afterwards!!!! and alone [NOT with DH!!!!!!] did it hurt???? did you sweat???? oh you poor dear!

and sorry to report, L, that there's not much to report! after saturday's conversation, i'm pretty content for now. BUT, i had those major discount coupons for the avenue yesterday, and i splurged on VERY on sale 'suggestive' tank tops!!! one is bright red with laced up bodice, and the other is white lacy/embroidered. will i ever get the courage to wear them???? [and this from a woman who's having ISSUES with the scoop neck T she has on right now!!!!!!]

at work now, kind of weak-kneed [i HATE sinus infections] and catching up, but it's pretty peaceful at the moment. had a nice hike with the dog this morning.

have fun, darlins....
Old 06-23-2003, 03:04 PM   #5  

OMG Debbie I talk to you what 40 -50 times a day and I have to come and read that you RAN!!!! I can't believe that you have not told me!!! I am crushed.

So just for that I am now telling our little secret..... EVERYONE the other day at the mall, Debbie assaulted a manikin. Yes our own Debkay, was looking at a dress and ok this is too dang funny to tell I am sitting here crying remembering. Debbie you gotta tell them!!!

Hazel
Old 06-23-2003, 03:18 PM   #6  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default Howdy from (drum roll) SUNNY and WARM PA!

Today is the first day the sun has shined in about a week or more. And it is actually WARM. I however, still feel cloudy inside ... but this will get better I'm sure of it.

The weekend was wonderful ... wedding on Saturday and alone time on Sunday. I took a hike (yes a hike) at one of the state parks close to my house. I am feeling it today ... but it was so peaceful and gave me time to clear my head. However today I am dealing with the consequences of digging deep into my wounded heart.

I do not like figuring out that I am needy.

Leanna
Old 06-23-2003, 03:50 PM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

Leanna hugs to you.

Hazel sorry, I just never thought to say anything.

Okay now the mannequin story

We were looking at a dress that was on a mannequin, it was very pretty the bodice was done in a twisted (the material was twisted) sort of way. I was saying how I liked the bodice........when I looked and my hand was and had been "cupping" this mannequins boob. Hazel was laughing so hard that she then knocked my boob, which made her laugh even more. Hazel finds this very amusing......she tried to tell another friend at the support group meeting Saturday and couldn't talk for laughing so hard. Hey......whats a little grope
Old 06-23-2003, 05:20 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

tee hee!!! if only we had been there, too!!!! now, just imagine what DH might have done if you had worn that dress!!!!!! maybe you BOTH should go buy it???
Old 06-23-2003, 07:19 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Peachie!!! I just realized that I haven't congradulted you on your surgery date yet. Sorry for the ovesite!!! And no, it's not because I'm secretly jealous I hope things go great for you at at this time next year you are as thin and healthy as Jiff & Debkay!!!

I pawned my Mom off on my sister. Just becaue she lives in CT is no reason she should miss out on all the fun!!!

Just one example, on the second night of our trip (we were in Richomnd VA that night) Mom knocks on our door and she was in a panic. She said she left her makeup bag in the motel in Birmingham AL. Okay, no biggie, well it seems that she also had all of her good jewelery (sapphire & diamond neckace & earrings,, and opal ring etc) in her make up bag becaue she didn't want to leave them in the house at home for two week in case someone broke in!!! So we try our best to calm her down, call the hotel in Birmingham (no they hadn't had it turned in) and finally get her back to her room. About five minutes later, here she as agin. Guess What? She found her makeup bag. She had put in in a seprate zippered compartment of her bag where it would be safe!!

We will be here until the end of the week, and then we start back home. Hope we all survive.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:39 AM   #10  
she who must be obeyed

I don't know what's wrong with me I have been getting up way too early. Could have something to do with all the water I drink, I get up to go potty and that's all she wrote........I'm up!! Only since 4:30 today

Barb so glad your Mom found her jewels. Hope you continue to enjoy yourself on your vacation.

We are expecting our first 90 degree temps of the year. Hard to believe we, as in the deep, hot, humid south have not had a 90 degree day yet!! Time to "glisten" since women don't sweat.........we glisten

While daughter is in VA, I decided to de-junk her bedroom............good grief......how does one child collect so much junk! As a family we cannot keep track of fingernail clippers.......I now know why, found FIVE pair in the girlies room in various locations! BRAT!!

Plan to walk with Hazel this am.......no, there are no plans to grope anymore mannequins. A super Wal-Mart run is also planned today and more de-junking of the messy bedroom. Boy, isn't my life interesting

more coffee..............PLEASE!!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #11  
CatGal

Default DUH!

OK, so my husband and I are officially loosing our (or have lost our) minds!

After work last night, off we go to the doctor. Get there, and the door is LOCKED! What???!!! The appointment is TONIGHT! We drove out there for nothing last night. So... Alas, I have nothing to report, other that the fact that my mind is GONE!

Ageoldie - When I travelled to London with my mom two weeks ago... She was "loosing" things and then finding them before we ever even left, and it continued all week! My Grandmother was like that, not it's got my mom, I'm forgetting what day it is! I wonder what's in store for the future! I don't want to know! PS - My mom is only 57!

And speaking of my trip! I have photos on the web! If any of you have some free time, feel free to check them out:

http://community.webshots.com/album/76945647kAqdbI

http://community.webshots.com/album/76951036uUuurT

I think there may be a photo of me in there somewhere! But you have to find me! Hee Hee!
G
Old 06-24-2003, 01:18 PM   #12  

OK, now I have something else to wonder about, and thank goodness I have a doctor appointment next Wednesday (July 2) for my 3 month checkup, because outside of a little spotting over the weekend, my TOM is late. I wonder if it could be....

1. Stress? It's been a nutty month after all.

2. The eating plan? Maybe, but I do make a point of making sure I get enough of the proper food and activity daily since March.

3. Early menopause? I am 41, it is a thought.

4. Possible case scenario....pregnant?

Hopefully soon, this little bugger will start!
Old 06-25-2003, 06:49 AM   #13  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning!

Well gee Lori, that could be a dilemma.

Gina..........I FOUND YOU!!!!! You look so much like your Mom. I need to go back and finish looking at your pics, but I just wanted you to know I FOUND YOU!!!! You have some beautiful shots there.

I actually managed to sleep until 5:30 this morning.

Mall walking today. Back to daughter's bedroom (I never did anything in there yesterday) other than that the day is wide open for me.

Enjoy the day
Old 06-25-2003, 09:25 AM   #14  
CatGal

Talking Good Morning. First Hurdle Accomplished!

Well, things went well at the Dr. Last night. He was supportive of our decision to try and qualify for WLS. Even gave us the name of a surgeon that he was familiar with. He put us on a 1200 calorie a day exchange diet for 6 months! I don't think putting a 307 pound person on a 1200 calorie diet is a very good idea, so I took it upon myself to join WW online for 6 months this morning. I must admit that after trying locarb for so long, it's nice to have a banana for breakfast! I know that after WLS lo carb is the way to go, and I don't have a problem with that. It's just a little too expensive for us right now. Lo carb when you can eat TONS is VERY expensive. Lo Carb when you can only eat a few ounces, is another matter.

So, now we are waiting to see the Surgeon in October.

Do any of you recommend that I get my PCP working on a letter of Medical Necessity yet, or wait and see the Surgeon. I am feeling that the Surgeon will be able to lead us through the insurace approval process. Also, I created a profile on ObesityHelp.com. So we have learned a lot there.

Woo!

Deb - Thanks for finding me! We had a great time! And yes, I do look a LOT like mom. The resemblance gets more pronunced when I lose weight. Hopefully, you will get to see that!

Well, have a great day everyone!
G
Old 06-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #15  
she who must be obeyed

Gina I forgot you were going to the docs last night. Glad he supports your decision........that's a good chunk of the battle.

Now this is what I did. When I finally went in to see the surgeon.....it took about 6 weeks to get the appt. I had all my ducks in a row. Let me explain......

My version of Cigna required the following before they would even consider the surgeon's request for approval of wls. psych-eval, a visit with a dietitician, a letter of medical necessity from my pcp.

I had all visits done and letters in hand before I went to see the surgeon the first time. I also included a letter stating why I wanted wls and why I thought I was a good candiate....I poured my heart out and attached a picture to the letter. I wanted them to see me and not a number. I'm not sure the insurance company ever saw the letter, but I did it anyway.

I also went a step farther and had letters of support written and in my grubby little hand the day I saw the surgeon, from my ob-gyn and my orthopedic doc...........supporting my decision.

I had everything done and ready, because of that the surgeon's insurance person was able to send my request to the insurance company quicker than other's.

My approval took about two weeks.

Gina ObesityHelp is one of the best sites for information. I also have a profile there. I'm off to look for your profile.

Last edited by debkay; 06-25-2003 at 10:46 AM.
Closed Thread