Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #261 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #2  

Judy - Thanks for the encouragement. That is truely what a friend would do. I know I can get through this if I get through that first bad craving I have about 2 or 3 days after a pizza. That will probably be tomorrow evening. I know I can find a healthier choice to get through the evening. I got some Lavish bread and may put lots of veggies and a little sauce and put that in the oven.

Terri- Thanks for the encouragement from you to.

Seabiscuit- Welcome! 3 pounds down is great. Keep up the good work.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

hi everyone, thanks so much for the encouragement and inspiring words!

I was actually rather discouraged this morning because I weighed in on my gym scale instead of the WW scale, and it showed I maintained at 231, and I had been 234 at my doc's a week or two ago so I did lose 3 lbs, yay, but I was 229 on Wed. at my doc's. I felt so frustrated, cried and felt really upset that I had gained back some weight, but it did make me turn down my favorite chocolate croissant today and go exercise yay! I am determined to lose weight this week. I know I can do this and just have to take it one thing at a time.

I hope you are all doing well.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

I am doing okay this week. Not feeling too good. It is a combination between sinus and allergies. Took some bendryl yesterday and I was knocked out for like 12 hrs.

Eating has been so so. McDonalds nuggets and their fries are my weakness. Other than that Just gearing up for a long work week.

Trying to get back to the gym haven't suceeded yet.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Seabiscuit - Welcome to our group! I am sure you will fit right in with us - great group of ladies here with lots of tips & inspiration.

Princess - Congrats on your weight loss this week, that is awesome!

Terri - hope you had a nice weekend!

Judy - sounds like you are doing well, which is great to hear.

Cherry - I know what it is like giving in to binges, we have all done that
Just get back at it & you will be right back on track with things.

I had a good weekend camping with my gfs - there were 7 of us altogether &
4 stayed in the camper & 3 in a big tent & we also had a huge dining tent
Weather was OK overall but we did get rain Sat night so missed our campfire 1 night but we got in lots of walking and some swims even though the lake was on the cool side. I love the water so if its is there I am in it, since
our summers are on the short side.

Anyway, lots of snacking which I expected so really have to buckle down
for my upcoming weigh in this Thurs.

All - good luck everyone this week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Happy Monday!

Amy please don't weigh yourself on different scales stick to one scale, and once a week!!!!!! All scales weigh different, you are probably still 229 or less!!!!
I work for a family doctor, everyday I weigh people every day they say "that not what I weigh on my home scale" so please don't be obsessed with the scale stay away from it!!! Let your body tell you, you will feel the loss in your clothes,and how you feel.

Gals We are keepin on and at it!!! We are doing this!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Wow, that was a super short weekend!

We went to the state fair on Saturday and had a nice time, ate way too many bad things but it is done and over with and only one day a year! The stage is still laying in the grand stand area and they are there actively doing the investigation so it is sad to see it but hopefully they will find out what happened so that it won't happen again. That is the thing about storms in the midwest, they are unpredictable and come up very fast sometimes with straight line winds that can bring down a very large building... It is just so flat here that there is little to stop it once it gets started.

Got a couple of mini walks in over the weekend but nothing major, will work on it.

Seabiscuit:Welcome, we are so glad to have you with us! I totally agree with Terri, stick to one scale and use that number, let the rest go. Hope you have a great week!

Judy: How did the Luau go? I thought of you yesterday, I was driving to Sam's club and saw a billboard that is an advertisment for anyone that wants to participate in a study for people that have been diagnosed with cronic hives, I forget the name of the company doing it but at least someone is looking into treatments, etc - heres to hoping they find something that might help you!

Bandit: A girls weekend sounds wonderful and time in the water is always a plus in my book too! Hope you get back into your groove with eating, work, home, etc. soon!

Life: Glad you are still checking in and keep at it, you will get back into it soo!

Cherry: Totally agree with Judy's post! I understand and am a lot like you... the pizza and things like that get me everytime! Keep at it, I have faith that you found something that works for you, now you just need to work the program and stay as onplan as you can!

Terri: We are the same way down here... some years we get a ton of snow and others not so much, just depends I guess. I hope you have a great week!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 08-22-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to Seabiscuit! You'll love our group. I guess my bit of input is redundant. They all had great advice! Good luck today.

Cherry, loved the idea of the lavash bread and veggies/sauce. Keep on keepin' on.

Bandit, glad you had such a great time with girlfriends. You're lucky to have such a full social life with good buddies.

Princess, yes, I've been in the midwest when out of nowhere, the sky turned, the air changed and a tornado moved right through town. The "old timers " laughed at dh and me because we were worried, but they said it was a mini-tornado. Seemed big enough to me! Today's a new day for food.
and We can do this!

Life4evr, have a good work week and keep on!

Terri, what great advice to Seabiscuit. That scale readings makes great sense to me. :

Weekend was good. Luau was so much work. The weather forecast was for storms and thunder, rain, etc. Day dawned instead with plenty of sun and gorgeous. Since we had planned for indoor party and decorated inside, we had tons of work to do. I hosed down our extra plastic chairs, cut the whole lawn, set up the bar table outside, etc. etc. It was a lot of work and I felt very blessed that we had catered the party so I didn't have to cook also. The party turned out to be a good time, people stayed late and ended up playing music on a banjo and washboard. Isn't that funny? Here we are in NY playing crazy music. My dh plays the uke and he and his nephews enjoy playing. Nice hobby.

I haven't weighed myself. Although I was careful, I'm sure I went over points plus and the salt from the Chinese food does me in every time. Yesterday food was good. I'm hoping for a good WI on Wed. Weather has broken here, so I'm planning on getting to the beach for a nice boardwalk walk.

Gotta run-----lose these posts. Keep them coming. It's wonderful knowing so many people who go through the same things I do and keep up their efforts!
Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #9  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Hey everyone :)

Hey everyone

Thanks so much everyone for the welcomes!!! So touched!

life4ever, I totally hear ya on allergies!! they are so difficult, hope you feel better. Mickie D's is a weakness of mine too. Have you tried the grilled chicken sandwich? Maybe try getting just a small fry and grilled chicken sandwich or grilled chicken wrap, if they still have them?

bandit, sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for the kind words, I am really enjoying this group

terrod, thanks for the great advice and you have a great perspective!

princess, I love your doggie running on the treadmill - how cute!! That's great that you got some walks in, don't discount that, everything positive helps! I love fairs too. How did you do with the food there?

itryharder, thanks for the big welcome!! We've had rain here too, so sick of it. I grew up in NY, are you from there?

I am a bit concerned about my weight this week because I made some poor choices the other night and then had cake and chips last night, and may have them again tomorrow, plus have a picnic coming up. It's just all these dinners and get togethers are a little difficult on my eating. I think I'll see if we can get something healthy instead of chips tonight, maybe pretzels and maybe just have a small piece of cake since we already have leftover cake in the fridge.

I plan on exercising soon but I have to take it easy on my foot because I just had an injection in my foot.

I really want to lose this week.

I will only weigh myself this Saturday, and stick to the Y scale, thanks for the great advice

I hope you are all doing well, what else is up and new with all of ya?!?!?!

Last edited by seabiscuit; 08-23-2011 at 01:01 AM.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All !!!

Monday was a good day I felt in control, I drank "some" water, (does green tea count?) had a small walk at lunch and I felt like my eating was pretty good!! I went to bed feeling exhausted from a long day at work but my belly didn't feel bloated, over full!!! One day at a time! Bring on tuesday!!!!

Wish I had more time but must get ready for work! We are doing this gals! Keep at it!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! A very pretty sunny day here, rain tomorrow but that is ok since I have my knitting tomorrow evening but tonight it will be clear so we can at least take the dogs around the park once which we did again last night. The German Shep is just not getting enough exercise so we are trying to take him out for at least a little bit each evening.

The youngest DS is coming to have supper with DH and I tonight so that will be fun... he is bringing some laundry for me to do and in exchange he can help DH put a new deck box together... works for me!

Seabiscuit: I did not do great in my eating at the fair but could have done worse... got a few things that I really wanted and let the rest go so overall I don't think I did terrible but could have better. A bit about me: I am a project coordinator and am currently doing contract work. My contract here is up at the end of Sept and I am looking forward to taking some time off and then will look for another contract job. I live in the Indianapolis area and have since the mid 90's, originally from the east coast. DH and I just became empty nesters about a year or so ago and grand parents for the first time about 7 months ago which we are enjoying very much. I love to knit, read, work around my home, cook and bake.

Bandit: How is your week going so far?

Judy: Are you all back together after having a very busy weekend?

Life: Allergies get me too... ugh, if I take any of the meds I can not function so I kind of muddle through for the most part.

Terri: Sounds like you are back on track which is wonderful!

Cherry: How are you doing so far this week?

Last edited by Princess1122; 08-23-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Happy Tuesday everyone. So my eating has been so so. It is always a little off when I work third. So now I am baking my mom a cake since today is her birthday. She bakes for everyone else so I figured I would show her what she taught me. LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am going to renew my gym membership soon. That's all everyone have a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #13  

Hi everyone I am still here. Like life4evr my eating has been so so. I have been thinking about changes I can make to help get me back on the road to weight loss. I need to make sure to get all my water in each day and to watch the carbs. I think I am eating to many carb portions.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #14  
Chick

Seabiscuit,
You're doing great. I like your idea of substituting better choices for chips, etc. I have frozen shrimp in the freezer already cooked in the bag. I love shrimp and although I love chips, the salsa with celery or a shrimp w/cocktail sauce helps me get through it. For dessert I try to have a diet jello-/cool whip type available in case I want to be super good. Watermelon is a great dessert this time of year.

Life4evr, your baking a cake for your Mom's is really lovely! She'll appreciate it.

Cherry, you've made wonderful progress with what you were doing. Are you ready to make a shift in eating again to keep going? I only ask this because when I'd do Nutri-system, I'd get tired of it, put back a lot of weight and then try WW's again. I'm pulling for you to figure out what will work for you.
I know you can do this and you're had great success.

Wow----so weird-----I just felt the tremor of the east coast earthquake. Very mild, but weird. It seemed to last about a minute and I'm a little shaken.

Okay, Princess, so nice to give your background. Here's mine----retired elementary school teacher. Married, three married children, three grandchildren. Two of my children live here on L.I. and can visit often. My dh and I like to have murder mystery parties and we also throw a few annual parties yearly. We entertain family a lot and I've had to figure out what dishes I can serve to keep on Weight Watchers.

Okay----gotta run. I'll respond more later.
Luau was fun. Eating on Sunday was great. Dd arrived on Monday night for a visit and we had Chinese take out. The food was low calorie (egg drop soup and I added steamed broccoli and chicken to it----half portion) but salt retention high---didn't weigh myself today, but hoping for a good WI tomorrow.

Judy
234.6/197/180's and lower
Old 08-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Wednesdy to you all. Nice day here today but they are calling for rain this afternoon and tonight. We need it so no complaints. My veggie garden has just not produced much this year at all, between the spring rains and the summer heat and lack of rain it has just been too hard on it I fear but will let it play out till after labor day and see what I can get from it.

DS came for supper last night, we just did burgers on the grill and kept it at that which was fine with me! I was in bed and asleep last night by 8:30 and it felt great! I really need to do that more often because when the alarm goes off at 4:30 I don't feel near as tired and that really makes the rest of the day better.

No big expectations about W/I this week for me with the fair and all but would be happy with a Turtle!

I hope that everyone has a great day!