20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #1  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Default Lovely Leaves Week 4 chat 8/22 - 8/28

Here is your week 4 chat thread! Sorry for it being late. I will get stats up ASAP!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #2  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Where did everyone go?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

I am around!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

Hope everyone's week is starting out good. Finally got a treadmill yesterday had everything else but really wanted that treadmill lol. Walked a mile and a half on incline and 1.8 for an hour. Been awhile since I've walked like that but I was so glad that I did pretty well my first day. Shooting for 2 miles tonight! Anyone else have luck losing weight by walking??
Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #5  

I get my weight down finally and TOM comes and shoots it right back up. I didn't stick to my exercise/food plan today because I had cramps and I get them massively bad: throwing up, horrible pain, fever etc. I didn't overeat, but hardly ate all day and minus a 20 min bike ride, I didn't get my exercise in.

Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #6  

chloekinsicle Hope you start feeling better!

I made it to 2 miles tonight! I am so proud of myself! I never thought I would make it but I did!! Looking for a little bit of a loss next weigh in!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #7  

@Mommy: Congrats on making it to two miles! Is that for running? I am trying to syke myself up for that and I am just...the jiggling makes me not want to od it at all.

@ Chole: I hope you feel better today. ToM can be a major pain and throw thing way off. I know mine is just around the corner and I am dreading it.

So I my thinking has started to shift and I am changing my general weight loss goals. I am not longer worried about getting to a specific number, I just want to be healthy. Also, when something upsets me instead of eating (or thinking about eating) I am thinking about exercising. Mind you, I haven't gotten to the DOING the exercise just the thinking about how it would relieve my emotions. I found this out because I have been on an emotional roller coaster this week and I didn't want to eat, I wanted to hit the gym.

I am also down to 250.3 so I might be on the right track finally. I am really excited to potentially get to 249 (and lower!)
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #8  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

@mommy - I successfully lost 60 pounds my first go-round without any exercise AT ALL....so I'm sure you could lose with walking. lol

@chloe - I know exactly how you feel right now. It's TOM for me too and I'm absolutely miserable. Of course it doesn't help that I've also got all this pain from the surgery last friday, but I ALWAYS have absolutely horrid cramps and can't get out of bed and throw up a lot and stuff. It's miserable. Most of the time during TOM I don't even WANT to eat because I just feel so awful. I can't do it this month because I had surgery less then a week ago, but last month I FORCED myself to go to the gym during TOM. I was miserable until I got in the pool and started exercising in there...and it made me feel a little better. When I was done I got into the hot tub/spa thing and I felt like it wasn't even my TOM anymore. I think if you get up and get active, maybe it will help you feel better? Idk.

Well, I'm still recovering. Thursday and 11am I have my Post-Op appointment with my surgeon. I'm going to be asking him if I can swim in the pool anytime soon or if I really have to wait 6 weeks to do anything at all. Other then that though, I'm doing okay I guess. I'm still in a fairly large amount of pain, and I still cannot sleep on my side or bend over or anything...but I think maybe I'm starting to feel a bit better. I know it definitely could have been much worse, and I'm definitely thankful that it didn't hurt a whole lot more. I still can't really get up and down the stairs to get/cook my own food...so I'm having to eat what my mom is willing to bring up to me. I have a feeling my weight is going to be up this week...because she keeps bringing me junk. She says it's to "make me feel better" but I am honestly wondering if she's trying to sabotage my efforts. She's much bigger then me and she's always miserable about her size and she diets and then gives up and then diets and then gives up....and I think she's the reason I started gaining weight back the first time and got back up to where I am now. I was doing so well. I was smaller then I was in high school. I looked incredible. And then she started talking me into eating the junk. I hate to say it, especially about my own mother, but misery loves company and I have this strange feeling that she doesn't want to be the only fat person in the house (my sisters and dad are overweight, but not by much)....and I mean there isn't much I can do about it now. It's eat what she brings or don't eat at all....but once I'm capable of cooking my own foods I should be able to get back on track....hopefully.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #9  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Sorry for the lateness everyone. My sister decided to hijack my lappy HAHA. I hijacked my friends computer to post the thread yest Here are the stats for this week!

Lovely Leaves week 2
Biggest Loser
HotHealthy4Life -2.6lbs (1.47%)

Honorable Mentions:
Riestrella -2 LBS(1.13%)
Kittykat -2LBS (0.88%)

Eliminated from Competition
:
jaimie1980

2 Freebies Used:
katylil,

1 freebie used:
Chloekinsikle, kristina29, mommy1028, kuritsu, Smsdreamer2007

CONGRATS ALL!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #10  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I'm around... just... busy with school started up and all that JAZZ!

Congrats to the biggest losers.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #11  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Back form my holiday, and only now noticed I got an honorable mention at the end of week 2.. yay for me! haha.

So, I am starting back up slowly, I was up 4lbs after my holiday on sunday evening, but this morning it was gone again, so if I work hard I can maybe loose another 2lbs before the next weigh in. I really wanna get under those dang 140s.

I have to say so far I am not relaly 'feeling' it yet with this challenge, I don't know why. I think it's too big, or it just doesn't feel like the people here really get to feel like a team. I also active in the featherweight thread, and those girls I feel like I know well.. but not so much here yet. Will invest some time in that these next 2 weeks and see what happens!

(now back to work with me, ill post again tonight!)
Old 08-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #12  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

philana - I know exactly what you mean. Part of what makes these challenges so good for me is that I feel like I need to work hard so that I don't let my team members down....but right now I don't feel like my team members even care. I mean, I know you guys do, but everyone seems so busy that this challenge is just on the back burner, and nobody even thinks about it except for weigh in days. I know you guys probably have a lot going on, and I'm not trying to upset or offend or point fingers, I just feel like maybe it would be helpful if we were to do some team-building activity or like a team challenge or something. I'm not feeling well now so I'm going to go lay down...but I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone =D
Old 08-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #13  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

I'm here ya'll Life is getting in the way and I am in a stupid plateau GRRRR. WTG TO THE BIGGEST LOSERS!!!!

DivineFidelity- A team building challenge would be AWESOME! Any ideas?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #14  

@Philana: Congrats on the honorable mention!

@ Divine: "I hate to say it, especially about my own mother, but misery loves company and I have this strange feeling that she doesn't want to be the only fat person in the house..." I don't think that is horrible say at all and I can both relate and understand your sentiment here. I have a reverse thing going though, my entire family was overweight for years...now my sister has lost 100lbs. She is the only skinny one in the house and she knows I am trying to lose weight but she insists on making foods that are not conducive to weight loss. She bakes cakes and cookies every week and just leaves them around the house. It is as though she doesn't want me to lose the weight because then she won't be the "skinny one".

Also, I am guilty of not going out with certain people because I was the only large one and didn't want to be singled out due to it. Let us know what the surgeon says about swimming. I also have a silly question, you can do full body exercises but could you still do arm, chest and potentially leg stuff? Like resistance band arm workouts or anything? I hope you feel better (soonish since I know operation pain won't just "go away") and don't be too discouraged if the scale goes up this week...you are a little bit of an invalid.

@SMS: I hear you about the plateau. I have been bouncing the same 5 lbs around all month and I am getting really angry about it. I wish I had a team building challenge idea but I wouldn't even know where to start for that.

I agree with Divine and Philana about the team vibe, I feel more like people post individually with no real..cohesion? As soon as one person acknowledges what someone else said it disappears. I will admit I am having a hard time getting into this challenge. >_<
Old 08-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #15  

Maybe having a goal weight to reach with everyone's weight added together. I think there is 20 or 21 of us so maybe a team goal of 60 - 65 lb. for the whole week. That would put the whole team working toward one goal, what does everyone think?
Closed Thread