Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile New...

...to this particular section of the forums, at least.

I received my book today (the neon pink one), and read up through Day 1. I even made a nice big list of all the advantages of losing weight. Just have to transfer them neatly to my index cards, and set an alarm.

I'm curious about one thing. At what stage do people tend to join the Group Chat in this section? Do people tend to wait until they're done with the six weeks? Or perhaps until a certain point in the book? I didn't want to interrupt the thread, and I didn't really look ahead too much, as I'm interested in taking the journey one day at a time, so I wasn't sure.

In any case, I'm looking forward to anything the activities in the book will be able to show me. (And heck, some of the things mentioned early on are frequently gone over on 3FC, so that's a great thing in my mind.)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194.8/169.6/155

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Lovely!

I joined the group 10 days ago and am on day 14 of the program. I have asked a lot of questions and everyone has been very supportive with answers and suggestions. I love the mindset aspect of this journey.

Good luck and join us on the monthly thread!
Tazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #3  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

A lot of people end up finding us on Day 6 "Find a Diet Coach." But you're certainly welcome to join right now! You'll have a head start when you reach Day 6.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi lovely - glad to read that you're charging forth in the pink book. Good stuff in there.

The Buddies/Coaches thread is for anyone, anytime. You're welcome to just jump right in. It's easy to start out with a report on how you performed to your eating plan and/or exercise plan for the day.

And don't feel required to do personals right away. When you do begin to recognize different people, feel free to respond to them. Most folks just entering find it comfortable respondling to the others that have just started. There are half a dozen new folks within this month, so you're part of the Summer crowd.

You can respond to anyone also; most of us are just a few chapters ahead of you. There are no experts around here - just some of us who post a lot, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 129/129/112

Height: 5'4"

Default Just started the diet!

I made it to Day 15 and am starting my diet today. Have had past issues with bingeing whenever I tried cutting out certain food groups, so I picked a "1200 calorie no food restricted" diet. I think my biggest hurdles are tolerating hunger inbetween meals/snacks and tolerating cravings! I love the program so far so hopefully it will help me achieve my goal.
mjrunner is offline   Reply With Quote