Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Running helps reduce cellulite

I have found that the only thing that has banished my cellulite has been running. I didn't have it all over but there was patches of it on the backs of my thighs. I was very self-conscious about it. I tried everything to get rid of it; creams, massage, etc. - to no avail. Now that I've been running for a few months, I've noticed that the backs of my thighs are dimple-free and my legs in general have tightened up. Have any of you experienced a reduction of cellulite due to running? Just curious.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-21-2011 at 02:24 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #2  
Never, never, never quit.

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8

It sure does. On my previous weight loss journey, I noticed a drastic reduction in the cellulite at the back of my thighs. Now I feel like kicking myself in the behind for not keeping up with my lifestyle and piling on all the pounds, just to start worrying about cellulite all over again!
GetFitFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've heard that any type of toning is excellent for that, and running is a great way to tone your thighs.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Lord, I hope there is SOMETHING that helps with the cellulite. I just keep holding on to the idea that if I keep lowing my BF% it. will. get. better.

I'll remember this though the next time I'm running hills.
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

For myself, any intense workout, like running, reduces cellulite... Biking does the same for my legs...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #6  

diegroblers: Don't cry except when you wave 'bye-bye' to cellulite forever!

Of course, I forgot to add in my original post that your diet has to be on point as well...running does help but what you eat can't be junk.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/130

Height: 5'3"

Really? I just started running. I had a lot of cellulite on my thighs before, and I did notice it's not so obvious as it was before, but I thought that was just the weight loss.
AWOWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOWW View Post
Really? I just started running. I had a lot of cellulite on my thighs before, and I did notice it's not so obvious as it was before, but I thought that was just the weight loss.

I truly believe it's the combination of the two. Any cardio activity like running which uses your legs while eating very cleanly is bound to reduce the cellulite. How can it not?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

I have major cellulite on my thighs. I have run for years but I only notice my cellulite reduce when my eating is very clean (no processed foods) and with strength training. Right now I notice a huge difference with the combination of doing the Jillian michaels DVDs for a few months and my clean diet. I have stopped running months back (due to an injury). And now do lots of walking too.

So for me running never really helped with Getting rid of cellulite.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:09 AM   #10  

Default Dermalmd Cellulite Reduction

I accept your points. Yes..because processed food will increase the cellulite on your body. I had 80 kgs last year and reduced 20 kg now. I tried Dermalmd cellulite serum and its get rid of cellulite completely from my body.
hiomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #11  

I'm pretty sure cellulite is only affected by overall fat levels - which is to say, more fat = more obvious cellulite, and lost fat = less obvious cellulite. Cellulite is uneven fat deposits under the skin (caused by a number of different factors), made more noticeable in areas with thinner skin. 'Toning' - ie building muscle - may also help make it less apparent. Glad to hear you've found a fat loss routine that works for you!

http://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/li...ellulite_.html
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/165/140

Height: 5'6"

I may have to go look in the mirror... LOL. I have started running in early February and now am running 3 miles a day, 3 days a week. I did notice that my thighs are getting smaller and more muscular... I may have to go check the back of my thighs in the mirror. (I am at work and can't at the moment.)
BrisSissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:20 AM   #13  

Default cellulite

Before using dermalmd serum i was upset abt my structure and i do not go out much.Then my friend stated about the serum what she used I absolutely LOVE the dermalmd serum product line. I was a skeptic at first but within a few weeks to about 2 months I noticed weight loss and a tighter, more toned stomach. Over a years time of using this with working out (not really dieting) I lost about 10 lbs-15 lbs.
medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:05 AM   #14  

Default Jogging gives better result

Definitely, jogging gives better result than any other activities. Stretch marks appear just because while fat increases the skin get stretched, and when loose fat this stretched skin got loosen and thus stretch marks appear.

While running one of the effective way is in the beginning, run slowly and while feeling gasped, sprint your run. This can give better effect than any other practices. Anyhow jogging or running is the best exercise to loose fat.
priyasarandc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #15  

yes running seems to smoothen out my skin. Ive noticed it becomes less bumby after a while. will update after going at this for awhile.
Maria56twerk is offline   Reply With Quote