Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 8/22 - 8/28

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-28-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #2  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Everyone,
I finally got the lawn mowed. I mowed DS part too, more exercise. Then I raked only for DH to mow over it...? To top it off I went downstairs to the gym and did 15 push ups, plus the rest of my upper body strength training. I made the 15 already maybe I can push out even more before that month is over. I seriously didn't think my arms were that strong, but pleased so far with the results.

One more week til school starts so I have to do some shopping this coming tax free week. DS wants nothing new, weirdo He still needs supplies. I'm bushed, I nodded off in the shower and hit my head on my hand bar. I plan to sleep til coffee tomorrow I hope I see the 230's again tomorrow, I'm so anxious. Already forgot not to get my hopes up

I hope you all have a wonderful night and a great day tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

More sugar challenges today, but I got through. I discovered today that after nearly 20 years of being a coffee drinker, I finally turned myself into an addict. I've been having more lately than I ever have before. I didn't have any yesterday, and by evening I had a low grade headache. This morning it was worse, and I was sure caffeine withdrawal was the culprit. We were heading to a county fair, and I went by the McD's drive thru and ordered and iced coffee with milk. I took a sip before we were out of the parking lot and it was sweet. It hadn't occurred to me to specify no sugar. I went in and had them make me a new one.

The fair was a lot of fun. Someone at work told me it was the best in the area, and I believe it. $15 entry fee, but after that all the shows, exhibits and rides were free. And there were some really good shows! The weather was looking iffy, and I was worried that we'd waste our money, but we got really lucky. It poured on us on the way there, but there wasn't a drop once we were out of the car. I got my son cotton candy and I managed to not pick at it.

I could probably count the many hours of wandering around the fairgrounds as exercise, but I don't have to because after dinner a friend stopped by to borrow something and I walked her home and came back the slightly longer way around, adding 1.5 miles to whatever incidental exercise I got at the fair.

I guess I'm feeling better about things than I was. Hope it lasts.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #4  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

So after sitting here thinking about the 1.4 pounds I have gained in 2 days....I went night running. I pounded out 3 miles in about 30 minutes but the dark and creepy got to me and I came home. I should have gone further but tomorrow is another day.

Poncho is very well. He ate his first solid meal of white rice and green beans tonight and seems to be fully ok with it.

Over all a good day. Time for a shower, dishes and bed.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat Great job on getting the yard mowed. That's work! I hope you see the 230's again tomorrow.

Zoodoo Great job staying strong against the sugar. Especially at the fair! That's a tough one!

DZachery Great job on the run! I'm glad to hear that Poncho is still doing well.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #6  

Diana- How do you make that mock tuna casserole? It sounds super yummy.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, it's Sunday evening and the dishes are done and the laundry is caught up and tomorrow my MIL leaves for 5 glorious weeks. I have lots of huge plans for when she is gone, so it will be a working vacation - for sure. I will be driving her all the way to Dulles Airport (1.5 hours there and 1.5 hours back). I'll stop to do something with my little guy though because that's a lot of sitting in the car with no real reward other than seeing an airplane, if we're lucky. When we get back, I have myself signed up for BodyPump at 8:15 pm.

It's been a long day and lots of rain, so much for exercise outside. I 'could' do a video in the basement, but I'll make today the rest day and do something else all day this week as my rest day tomorrow is ending up to be a workout day.

I'm going shopping tomorrow at Nordstrom Rack. I can't wait (even though I'll probably buy nothing! LOL)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZackery View Post
So after sitting here thinking about the 1.4 pounds I have gained in 2 days....I went night running. I pounded out 3 miles in about 30 minutes but the dark and creepy got to me and I came home. I should have gone further but tomorrow is another day.

Poncho is very well. He ate his first solid meal of white rice and green beans tonight and seems to be fully ok with it.

Over all a good day. Time for a shower, dishes and bed.
i love being out at night doing anything, especially walking, but it gets far too creepy here because of all the black bears in the city...you never know when you will run across one and they arent very friendly lol
Old 08-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZackery View Post
Diana- How do you make that mock tuna casserole? It sounds super yummy.
I like it, but it's nothing like the real thing. Instead of noodles, I use spaghetti squash. I wasn't happy with the cream of mushroom soup that I used. It wasn't a condensed soup. It was a super low sodium, non condensed soup. Not the best flavor. I also used a packet of tuna. I added onion/garlic powder and pepper. I actually prefer WW Smart Ones and just add extra tuna, mushrooms and sugar snap peas. The problem is that I might be allergic to legumes and the WW's Smart Ones contains peas. I was just trying to fix the craving without eating the WW's product. Also, I am the only one that eats Tuna Noodle Casserole, so it's not worth it to make a regular recipe. I also make things like this to fill me up without eating a lot of calories since I am a big eater.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #10  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, it's Sunday evening and the dishes are done and the laundry is caught up and tomorrow my MIL leaves for 5 glorious weeks. I have lots of huge plans for when she is gone, so it will be a working vacation - for sure. I will be driving her all the way to Dulles Airport (1.5 hours there and 1.5 hours back). I'll stop to do something with my little guy though because that's a lot of sitting in the car with no real reward other than seeing an airplane, if we're lucky. When we get back, I have myself signed up for BodyPump at 8:15 pm.

It's been a long day and lots of rain, so much for exercise outside. I 'could' do a video in the basement, but I'll make today the rest day and do something else all day this week as my rest day tomorrow is ending up to be a workout day.

I'm going shopping tomorrow at Nordstrom Rack. I can't wait (even though I'll probably buy nothing! LOL)
my 5 year old LOVES! LOVES! the gumball machine at our airport...for a quarter, you can watch it spin down the contraption and out pops a gumball...when we have to hang out at the airport, that's his reward for behaving and he just loves it
Old 08-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #11  

doobeedoobeedooo.....cracking open hardboiled eggs....dont know if I'm going to leave them or make deviled eggs...
Old 08-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #12  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Not too much in the way of exercise today. Ate on plan and came in just under the calorie limit for the day. had a wonderful time hanging out with my friend and her kids. Maxwell had a great time playing...until I "made" him leave. LOL

Back to work tomorrow but I only have a 3 day work week and a 6 day weekend!!!!! I cannot believe school starts in 1 week.

See you all tomorrow! I'm off to a shower and then bed!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

I'm curious about something. I always mention that I am a big eater. Is anyone else here a big eater, too? I literally have to eat a lot of veggies/low calorie foods to fill up. I am happy with my foods, so there's no problem there. I'm just one that isn't happy with a small amount of food. Most people will be happy with a small serving of fettuccine with alfredo. I'm not happy with that. I have to have a large serving of spaghetti squash/broccoli slaw/zucchini with alfredo sauce. I know we all eat differently. Sometimes I just feel weird because of how much I eat.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-21-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Anyone keeping their eyes on the hurricane updates?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #15  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana I have always been a big eater, I love food especially carby foods like pastas. I ate a lot when I was a child at first to please my mom and then I began to horde food. I got it in my head that tomorrow there might not be any food. Then my DH came a long...he's foodie true and true. But when I set my mind to eat, I don't have as much trouble as others have. I don't like people to give me ultimatums it makes me very cranky. And whenever I say I'm going to do something if even one person speaks or shows doubt, I must prove them wrong.

That's why when I go to restaurants if theres nothing but salad, hey I'll go with the salad, no big deal to me. I am uncomfortable with eating in public as well as by myself so I never worry about bingeing or cheating. I am doing portions now (sending back some plates as DH still tries to over feed me ) I think I didn't have problem with food when it comes to stress and depression I'd be doing OK food wise. But add the health problems and lack of movement things never did move on the scale except up. So I'm making an effort now instead of just restricting foods
Closed Thread