Old 07-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #1  

Thumbs up My Non-Scale victory today was.........

I figure that I could use some positive energy. I've been failing lately and have lost my way. I would love to hear all of your victories. Those things might be a better choice you made at a restaurant, and what you could have done. It could be that you got up 10 minutes earlier so that you could work out before starting your day.
If could mean that you passed the candy at the checkout for the first time in 2 years without buying something.

What are you proud of today?

Let's insprie one another.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #2  

Hey, I can go first! My non-scale victory of the day was starting this thread. I have felt failure and I have felt uninspired. By doing this, I wonder if what you have done for yourselves will motivate me?
I need to hear how you have succeeded. So, my victory today is putting my needs first and starting a positive turnaround where I can move towards what my goals are and be reminded by people like yourself about what I can do, What positive changes I can make, etc. It is not all about that number on the scale, it's choices we have in our day to day lives that are going to make that difference.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

I've been really struggling to eat right for the last month. But, I got up and hour early this morning to hit the gym before work because I have a meeting this afternoon and won't be able to make it during lunch. (I also resisted the urge to have ice cream last night
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

Smart eating choices has been my NSV!

Yesterday, I biked a leg on RAGBRAI (an annual bike ride across Iowa that attracts over 35,000 people!). The whole ride is broken up by small towns and farmhouses and is famous for all of the little old ladies selling pie and other confections that are to die for. (It's also famous for the amount of beer consumed along the way!) I'm proud to say that I had a 2 pt banana smoothie and a 3 pt apple & PB before I left and then ate only half of a piece of peach pie (without the top crust), 3 oz. of a smoked turkey breast, lots of water, half of a gatorade and about a half of a Bud Light Tall Boy! Then, after the ride, we stopped at a restaurant our whole gang loves that has my favorite fries & burgers in the world. I bypassed those and ordered a whole wheat turkey & veggie wrap (hold the ranch!) and a side of cottage cheese.

The best part about the whole ride was that I got 9 activity points while doing it! It was a blast!
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

This is my first day on plan, so my non-scale victory of the day was levering myself out of the easy chair and opening up my Zumba tapes (which have been sitting, unopened, for six weeks) and doing the best I could to follow along for 45 minutes!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #6  
Skinny chick

Huge NSV for me today when I walked by a mirror at home and realized my "hanging out at home" clothes were hanging on me and way too big and baggy.
Yessssss!
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

My NSV actually happened yesterday when I was out jogging with my dogs. A neighbor who had a baby about 4 months before I did commented on how great I was looking and to keep up the good work.

Also, I am back into my pre-pregnancy pants (for work - not quite into the jeans again yet, but soon). I can pack away the size 16 pants to save for my "after" photo, where I hold out the waistband to show how much smaller I am.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

My NSV was not going back for thirds (I planned small portions and thereby 2nds into my points) for dinner last night. My SO made the MOST AMAZING salmon and it was hard to not go back and pick at it.

Not to hijack your NSV thread with scale talk.. but, Derrydaughter, do you keep track of meaurements? My scale has been going up and down within a 5 lb range for the last few weeks and I've been feeling pretty down about it. I take measurements once a month, and 2 days ago I was SHOCKED to discover I'd lost 11.5 inches, overall, in one months time. That was more motivating and exciting to me than that stupid scale. Because I was able to see loss that way, it started a fire in me to start working out again (I basically stopped about a month ago), to really stay within my dailies (I never use weeklies intentionally, but i guess my over-eating at night lately could be considered dipping into them, and it does not work for me), and the scale finally dipped below what i'd plateau'd at. I guess what I'm saying is don't lose hope!
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

I totally agree with you, girlsenberry! I've been tracking my measurements every week, and even though I might not wee movement on the scale, I always see it in the measurements!

As someone once told me, the only thing a scale is good for is seeing how much weight you've lost after you poop.
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #10  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Way to go everyone!!! (and what a wonderful thread derrydaughter)

I have two, one for yesterday and one for today...

Yesterday - I finally "got it" that when you're stomach is empty and you start to feel hungry you don't have to eat.

Today - A skirt that has always been tight around my tummy, I can actually grab extra material now!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariatari View Post
I totally agree with you, girlsenberry! I've been tracking my measurements every week, and even though I might not see movement on the scale, I always see it in the measurements!

As someone once told me, the only thing a scale is good for is seeing how much weight you've lost after you poop.
LOL! I'll still weigh myself, but I'm not going to take total stock in it to get me through the plateaus. I didn't think I was losing anything because my pants weren't getting looser in the tummy.. but I guess the loss was in my legs, and upper body.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

My non scale victory today is that I'm not letting a tiny blip up on my scale put me in tears today. I know what I did wrong, I will do it better. But I will not beat myself up for being human.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/233/173

derrydaughter: thanks for starting this inspiring thread. My NSV is from yesterday. Met some friends and coworkers for lunch for some belated b-day celebrations at a delicious but not necessarily diet friendly mexican restaurant. In order to insure I'd stay on plan I:
1. Ate an apple about an hour before leaving so I would not be starving and more likely to veer off plan.
2. Checked out the menu online and decided on the healthiest option.
3. Avoided the chip basket entirely(a huge NSV in itself for me!)
4. Ordered a chicken soft taco w/whole beans and rice, and left ~1/3 of the portion on the plate(thank you apple!)

girlsenberry: Thanks for the reminder to check measurements. WL has slowed quite a bit in the last 6 weeks, and although I'm trying hard not to let it get to me, it's starting to Time to pull out my trusty tape measure and see - hopefully I'll have another NSV to report tomorrow
osaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #14  

Red face Wow! So glad I started this thread, you guys are awesome!

Joyc21, great job hitting the gym! That's the spirit! Also, resisting the ice cream is great. I'm finding it hard. It's summer and I am married to an ice cream-a-holic!

Kariatari, wow! That sounds like quite the bike ride, good for you! I wouldn't have been able to do that, I'm not in great shape. I'm inspired. Sounds like you worked off whatever you ate.

Ladynredd, great job on the zumba tapes. Which ones do you have and are they easy enough to follow along? I'm interested in learning that.

NCchickie! I want your NSV very badly. My clothes are feeling tight and I hope to do something about it.

BettyBooty, way to go! Keep up the great work. I'm glad someone noticed, that is a big morale booster!

Girlsenberry, no I have not taken measurements but that might be a good idea. I think that salmon sounds great. I'm on vacation next week, but I think I'll start measurements once I get home and I hope to add in some activity as well.

PreciousMissy, that skirt that isn't too tight anymore is awesome! I hope I get that hungry feeling thing too. I love this thread as well. I truly needed to be inspired and this is helping me. I hope it helps others too.

Patchymama: quoting you here!
My non scale victory today is that I'm not letting a tiny blip up on my scale put me in tears today. I know what I did wrong, I will do it better. But I will not beat myself up for being human.
That is exactly what I needed to read today. How did you know? My "bad behavior" over the last week was pretty much almost putting me in tears. I was so low. But, here I am working hard and thinking positively. I have tracked today, and I'm feeling good. I will not beat myself up over letting things slack for a little bit. I am human.

Osaunt, you did the right thing and that apple truly helped. I have to remember to keep checking menus on line and planning ahead, even when I am on vacation next week. I can TRY at least. I won't be perfect, it is a vacation after all. But, I can and will do better than I would have done in the past.

You guys are great, let's keep these NSVs coming!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

another one? I ran for 20 minutes, the last 10 of which were at an incline. My best last week was 10 minutes... before that? only 3.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote