Old 07-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 0/-5/-70

Default 30 days until my health "rarely improves"

Recently, I read an article that said health rarely improves after age 50. Ack! For me that means I have about 30 days to improve my health. Specifically, I would like to get my blood sugar (prediabetic) and my blood pressure numbers into normal ranges. These are the same goals I have had for two years now. I keep thinking I am highly motivated but my lack of results say otherwise.
My thought with starting this thread is to have a place to check in more often. Also, if any one has success stories about how they improved their health after age 50 that would be wonderful to hear as well.

Onward and upward (which would be downward for BS, BP and weight in this case)!
Pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:08 PM   #2  

Pretty happy to report I've lost 2 pounds in the last couple of weeks. Although, I consider it unconfirmed until it stays off for another week. Working on making sure I get enough sleep. I think that really helps me.

Does anyone have any success stories they'd like to share?
Old 07-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #3  
mjf

They say it "rarely improves" after 50, because people rarely improve their diet. If you do improve your diet, then your health will probably improve, even if you're over 50.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #4  

Pleased to report the 2 pound loss has been confirmed with an additional unconfirmed loss of another pound. Hoping I am on the right track (HHF/LRC/IR/KCW/9S).

If anyone has success stories to share, I would love to hear them!!
Old 08-25-2019, 02:09 PM   #5  

Happy to report I have lost 4.5 pounds total so far. Any 50 year olds with success stories to share?