Old 02-19-2019, 02:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Default Single moms

Hi everyone.

So I'm cheating a bit by posting here as I'm not quite 40 yet. 7 months to go. But I figure I might as well jump in!

I'm also a single mom which brings its own challenges. I love hearing about how the DHs support their wives in weight loss, but I don't have that. So I figure us single moms need to be that support for each other. A weight loss stand in husband if you will!
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #2  
Believe In Yourself

S/C/G: 176/168.8/125

Height: 5’3”

I’m also a single mama. My son is now 20 years old. He has always been supportive but I have found for me that I need to be my biggest supporter. I did great years ago, got close to my goal of 125-130. I lost my mom a few years ago and it all went downhill. I gained back everything plus some. I’m now 48 and it seems like a big fight that might be impossible. I need to get my head back into the game. It will only get worse and harder as I age.

I can do this, you can do this!! We can kick those extra pounds!!
TealWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Tealwater. Yay for single moms! My little one is only 4, so still very challenging. I've been so busy this week. The weight loss is slow! How are you doing?
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/203/154

Height: 5'8

I'm also a single mom, my kiddo is age 9, and it seems a lot harder to lose weight while managing all the other life responsibilities. Hard but not impossible
NatashaCDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Single mommy here too.. my (now toddler) child has always had difficulty gaining weight... so the advice has always been to fortify breastmilk, formula, and then meals (with added fat whenever possible) while at the same time, participating on the meals. Which... it means either I have the time to make a meal that looks the same for both of us, but one is not super fatty, or both eating the same. Working full time, little support... I've always leaned towards doing what's best for her. No regrets... but I haven't been able to lose the baby weight 2.5 years in. I really need to focus on that now though...
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote