Old 11-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

Question As you age you have to choose between your face and your a@@

Hi everyone - I am wondering if anyone noticed that saying "As you age you have to choose between your face and your a@@" is actually right?

I have recently lost 20 lb (150->130lb), not a very big loss, but as I am 5 lb from my goal, I start noticing some new wrinkles on my face that I didn't see before. My face is definitely slimmer, which is great, but I didn't expect to have older look on me with slimier figure. Now I am questioning my final 5 lb loss, maybe I should keep it and have more youthful facial appearance?

What is your experience?
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I would say it tends to be true. My sister's SIL is a size 00 and does excessive things to stay that way While she has no butt, her face is sunken, craggy, she had dark circles under her eyes and she looks far older than she is (late 40's). And with no real body fat on her, she has a little boy's stick straight body except for the 2 fake plastic cantelopes on her chest. It's not a good look. When it comes right down to it - it's all about balance. If you are too thin it makes you look haggard and ages you and if you are too chubby, it puts a big strain on joints and organs and gives you alot of pain. Ideally if you can stay 10 pounds within your goal weight, that's a perfect match.

You might also want to consider some toning and moisturizing face creams and above all stay out of the sun. If you were a sun worshiper in your younger years, you will pay for it later in life. Mr. Sun asks a high price for that golden tan.

And congrats on your weight loss!

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-22-2017 at 11:08 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5-7.5

Default An answer that works for some....

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthedietagain View Post
Hi everyone - I am wondering if anyone noticed that saying "As you age you have to choose between your face and your a@@" is actually right?

I have recently lost 20 lb (150->130lb), not a very big loss, but as I am 5 lb from my goal, I start noticing some new wrinkles on my face that I didn't see before. My face is definitely slimmer, which is great, but I didn't expect to have older look on me with slimier figure. Now I am questioning my final 5 lb loss, maybe I should keep it and have more youthful facial appearance?

What is your experience?
What some people use is cosmetic dermatological intervention. AKA “fillers.” They plump up sagging areas of the face,....sometimes and if administered correctly. A friend of mine had some put in and loved it. Said it lasts for up to two years. She does appear younger than her actual age. She said it got rid of bags and sags under her eyes and plumped up wrinkles around her mouth and nose. Sounds great, but I didn’t ask what it costs.
Dianasp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188.5/181.4/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm curious if you're on a low-fat diet? That (and dehydration) can really affect collagen and elasticity. The skin is one of the first places your body will sacrifice things to keep your internal systems going well.
hummingbird lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #5  

I think that some helthy weight is ok, for the body and for the face.

Too much weight makes people looking older than they really are, doesn't it?

It depends what you target goal is but I would be rather a little bit over my goal but have a nice face than being on the goal with unhelthy look in my face...

The frist description of to thin lady with fake tits made me thinking, thank you for that post.

My problem is that I have to choose betweein my goal weight and my TITS! I think I will have to "do" that sags that will stay after loosing weight! Just skin sagging ....that is my experince...
ladylike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #6  

Take some cream with UREA. IT helps a lot!
ladylike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I wish the fat from the face would go from under the chin, not under the cheekbones! I always have hollows under my cheekbones no matter what I weigh. I am fairly fond of them, but it turns out they've been tricking me. Part of what I thought was the shadows under my cheekbones turns out to be a rash! I don't wear makeup and don't stare in mirrors much, so I had no idea. I'm miffed because we could have got me referred to rheumatology years ago if I'd realised to make a fuss about this, as my facial rashes and other symptoms point to lupus.

As for my backside, well, it's flat and had been for years. I lost 35lb or so seven years ago and I think that's when it happened. Getting weight off my middle would be a relief, though. I have to take a far larger size in waistcoats, its ridiculous. And more to the point, it's not a healthy place to store fat.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/135/115

Height: 5' 4"

I disagree. I'm 45 and am frequently mistaken for 30, and I was seen as 15 years younger even when I was at my goal weight of 115. While I do think wrinkles can show more on thinner people, I also think it has a lot to do with sun protection, eating healthy, genetics, exercise, hydration, the right creams, etc. I do not look older when I am thinner, and I actually prefer my face when it is hollowed out some. My cheek bones stand out, for example, and my face is less square. I am eager to get back to 115 me. I feel very middle-aged with extra weight on me, and I actually think I had jowls starting when I was up to 147. Now that look has faded away and I'm not entertaining cosmetic procedures any longer. The shadows under my eyes are also gone now that I am eating right again. I had a doctor tell me only fillers could solve that problem, but it's not true.

As for my backside, I didn't have one at any weight until I worked out and built one for myself. Now I have one even at my lightest weight. I changed the shape of my body tremendously by lifting weights.

Last edited by Bella Notte; 10-10-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Bella Notte is offline   Reply With Quote