3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   How often do you weigh yourself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/312141-how-often-do-you-weigh-yourself.html)

ThisIsMyRealName 01-27-2017 12:46 PM

How often do you weigh yourself?

Just curious how often people are weighing in? Weekly, every two weeks...:carrot:

wefrogy 01-27-2017 01:38 PM

Once a week....every Saturday first thing in the morning as soon as I wake up

sheilaE 01-27-2017 03:05 PM

I think I'm in the minority but I am a compulsive, every single day weigh-in person. It helps to keep me accountable, good or bad.

EagleRiverDee 01-31-2017 12:37 PM

Nearly daily. I've found that daily weigh ins provide a lot of feedback. I know if I have inflammation from a workout (because I'll pack on 2-3 lbs overnight) or if I ate too many carbs (same). But when I see weight loss and I see the same number several days in a row, I also know it's real and not merely dehydration.

facingfacts12 09-19-2017 09:59 AM

I've always weighed myself daily. I've heard of course that once a week is a better choice - I do it daily to see patterns of what affects me and how it can affect water retention and such - that way if my weekly weigh in happens to be on a bad bloat day I don't feel discouraged. As long as the overall trend is down, I know I'm doing the right thing. I might touch on a new low one day... then the next day the scale bounces back up and so on... but as long as it doesn't keep going back to my original weight, i'm moving in the right direction. Its always exciting to see that first new "low" number for the first time.

tefrey 09-19-2017 12:26 PM

Right now I weigh daily. Good or bad, it reminds me of how far I've come and how far I have left to go!

Desire2b 09-19-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheilaE (Post 5297787)
I think I'm in the minority but I am a compulsive, every single day weigh-in person. It helps to keep me accountable, good or bad.

Ditto. :o

PhabPhoebe 05-04-2018 03:57 PM

I weigh myself almost every day. It's (usually) the reality I need to start my day, otherwise I totally kid myself. It probably isn't a healthy habit.

Pine 05-05-2018 12:56 PM

I used to weigh daily. Not compulsive about it, but it helped me stay mindful of eating habits during the day. Now I weigh weekly.

Pine 05-05-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhabPhoebe (Post 5357902)
I weigh myself almost every day. It's (usually) the reality I need to start my day, otherwise I totally kid myself. It probably isn't a healthy habit.

I think that really depends on how it makes you feel and if it motivates you or makes you feel stressed / neurotic? I weighed daily for ages. Never bothered me if my water weight fluctuated day to day. It just helped me to start the day on the right foot.

Sonrisa 06-13-2018 08:51 AM

I weigh myself daily, its my reality check.

Wisertime 06-17-2018 03:50 PM

I just bought a new scale so I can weigh daily. I hear arguments against this but like someone above said, it's a reality check.

CelticHarpie 07-02-2018 06:09 PM

I am also a serial daily weigh in type person. I started a new program at the beginning of June and have lost half a stone. There were definitely fluctuations and plateaus, but it’s handy to see it graphed out and the overall trend going downwards. It also keeps me honest.

ArmyAng 09-24-2018 02:18 PM

Pretty much every day. Not so much to obsess over the number, but to track trends.

Lacerta 10-17-2018 11:40 AM

I also weigh in every day, because I'm a graph person and more data is better for me. But I also track the week over week trends, every Sunday and that is the number I actually pay attention to. So far, in 30 weeks, I've only had a 0.0 once and a gain once (both of those during the plateau I was stuck in for the last 6 weeks). Not bad. So I do weigh in daily, but I don't obsess over the fluctuations