Old 07-02-2016, 03:59 AM   #1  
always meaning to

S/C/G: 268/288/150

Height: 5'7

Default Back with my head hung low

Hi. It's been awhile since I have been on. The last time I was on things were going so great. I was 222 lbs, down from 268. I was on WW and going strong. I was proud of myself even when I slipped and re-gained 15 lbs. It was the first week of December 2013 and I figured I would get back on track after the holidays. I wasnt too concerned.

December 6 my husband had a heart attack and everything changed. Stress/eat. He is fine thank the good Lord for that but my eating habits changed. His had to. I could not afford to do WW for me and a heart healthy diet for him. We did not eat the same at all so I ditched the WW and ate the way he did. Surprisingly, his diet was terrible for me. Who knew a heart healthy low sodium diet would cause me to gain every pound I lost.

Then we put our house up for sale. Stress/eat. Then we had to look for another house. Stress/eat. Well I have been in my house now for a little over a year and I have gained a total of 60 lbs. I'm now 288 lbs and some days I just feel like the biggest loser, and not in a good way, and I feel like life is not worth getting up everyday or leaving the house, or brushing my hair, or even washing my hair for that matter. I'm fatter than I have ever been in my life and I couldnt feel any lower.

Things I used to do are difficult for me now. Surprising things, everyday things. My feet/back/shoulders always hurt and my feet are flattening out with the stress of my weight. I thought my aches and pains were age but I started noticing my stomach getting in the way of everything. My stomach feels like a bottomless pit and I dont know how to stop eating. Every time I say I'm going to try to lose weight something weird happens to me and I eat like a monster. Anyway, I just needed to get some stuff out. I'm stuck in the pity party right now, I know, and I'll get over it soon I hope and get started again. Sorry for the long post but thanks for reading.
applestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #2  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Awwww, Applestar, I'm so sorry you're having a bad time right now. (((hug)))
Please take care of yourself.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

What a horrible year you had!! I'm glad at least that your husband pulled through, and that you were able to sell your house, and move to another one? those are all HUGE stresses I don't have any good advice but I am sending you sympathy and strong wishes and hope that you can kick the low feeling to the curb and maybe take baby steps to try to get some relief from the aches and uncomfortable-ness.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Applestar, I am so sorry about your challenging year! I know the pain and shame of a regain too, and have been fighting my way back down. You did it once, you can do it again! Is it possible for you to join some free online WW boards (I'm sure they have WW threads on here) to get some free support? I know you can google WW recipes. Since you know WW worked for you before, maybe there is a more economical way for you to do the program without actually joining and paying the fees? I know I have seen WW snacks at the grocery store, so you don't need to go to the clinics to buy them. Also, just going for a walk around the block, walking a little farther each day, can have a big impact on your health. Little steps...break up your weight loss goals into 1-5lb increments. Looking at the total amount you have to lose can be overwhelming. Just some ideas...
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Applestar - I feel for you with all that - such terrible news (not that you need to be told it)

My thoughts now = right next step - cant afford WW - well lets see - what did they have and where to go from here

1. community support - right you have that here

2 a tracker - online app available - my fitness pal (MFP) or livestrong.com personally I would use livestrong.com to calculate your calories intake to lose weight then track in MFP - Vivo fit connect is a compatible fitness tracker to MFP I only know this as I have one- but if you have any other sort you can see if they can X over - I would recalculate the Kj's / calories you have every month on a particular day.

3. Remember biggest reason people succeed on Weight Watchers is they track everything from foods to movement -use the tools keep it basic - so wont be using the online WW tools but you can sure use the free ones that are out there now you have an idea how it works..

With the always eating - try having something to drink before you eat (I think it was Chinese medicine recommends a warm beverage like tea or coffee or warm water to aid digestion )

I wish you all the best getting back on track especially with all the stress you have had recently - to be back here posting again shows just how strong you are
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:04 PM   #6  
always meaning to

S/C/G: 268/288/150

Height: 5'7

Thank you guys for the support! It is why I come back here. Such an understanding place and full of good advice. I appreciate it
applestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:59 AM   #7  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

And no need to hang your head! You were dealing the best you knew how at the time, hubby was a priority, and at the end of it all, YOU'RE HERE! YOU CAME BACK! So hold your head up high and go for a walk with us!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 387/361/155

Height: 5'2

Hanging your head low serves no purpose. Hold it high because you're trying again.
Swinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

I agree, hang your head, high, I am back again and gained all my weight back and some, I was doing well as well when I was here the first time and I moved to San Diego, got married, my mom was diagnosed with alzhimers, she was 56 when she was first diganosed, she is now 61. Stress does this to our bodies, but we know that we can do this and not give up. I am glad I made the choice to do this again, as this is the first step, remember, one pound one day at a time.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:24 PM   #10  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

applestar,
I am so sorry for all the hardship and difficulty you have been through.
Are you ready to hop on the wagon again?
I have failed miserably again and again and again and again!!!!
I know that I must do something about it if I want my health.

Would you like to buddy up and help each other stay accountable?
I am ready to try again.
All the best to you!!!
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote