Old 06-08-2015, 07:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/205/120

Height: 5'6"

Default Coping with stress and depression

Any thoughts? I'm already in therapy. Have been for years. And I'm a THERAPIST MYSELF. But I just feel like not trying a lot with the weight thing. Hate exercise, too...
Batampte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #2  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I'd suggest walking. Just a short walk to start. I really, really believe that exercise in any form helps my depression.
Walk around the mall, around a park, take off your shoes and feel the grass between your toes...
Don't think of it as exercise, just think of it as clearing your head. You can do it!
Hey, we weigh the same, and we're the same height! How funny
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I agree with DCH on the walking. Walking is great! And maybe try to find other ways to be active that are fun and that your brain doesn't think of as "exercise". Throw around a football? Frisbee by the ocean/lake? Golfing? Bike rides to library? Inline skates? Zumba dance? Racquet ball? Exercise doesn't have to be torturous to be effective, though many people approach it like that. An active hobby will really help!

On the food front, it is HARD to create new habits, as I'm sure you know. Maybe start slow instead of a huge Big Bang approach. Make one change every 2 to 3 weeks... they will add up over time (and you've got lots of time... no need to rush!) and it may be easier to tackle when you are starting in a stressed, depressed state.

Think it this all as a way to improve your physical AND mental health -- and lower stress. Because it is a way to do that, and long-term it most likely WILL help.

Hugs to you, feel better!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-19-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote