Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #61  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Michelle you really don't want to get me started on that subject, lol. The answer is yes and no. I'll just leave it at that but at least this time he didn't buy a vehicle after going to a dealership for a free umbrella. Yeah, that happened.

Yay on the chipless state!

Zumba and Michelle we are Hurricanes fans and it has been a long time since our Stanley Cup fun. Enjoy!

Rennie clowns, no!

Zumba I have to be really bad off to take benedryl because it knocks me out and dries me out excessively. I have had bronchitis a ridiculous number of times in my life. I also have asthma. Lately though it has been sinus infections. I'm not sure why the change in location but with the sinuses, the nasal spray does seem to reverse them before they get to antibiotic level.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-10-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Still not getting to the gym with any consistency this week. DW is still out of town and playing Mr. Mom leaves me exhausted. I'm eating 98% on plan (I had a cookie) though so things still going ok. Kids have gymnastics tonight so the gym may not see me until tomorrow. Might try to do a quick round of upper body and not try to get the whole workout in.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #63  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew80k View Post
Still not getting to the gym with any consistency this week. DW is still out of town and playing Mr. Mom leaves me exhausted. I'm eating 98% on plan (I had a cookie) though so things still going ok. Kids have gymnastics tonight so the gym may not see me until tomorrow. Might try to do a quick round of upper body and not try to get the whole workout in.
I hear ya....I play Mrs. Mom all the time and it leaves me permanently exhausted, lol!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #64  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Enjoy it, they grow up way too fast! I figure keeping moving, whether at the gym or running around with the kids at home, is the key. andrew, you're doing great!

Shannon, that's too funny, your DH bought a truck instead of going to the movies.

Zumba, sounds like you're in a more comfortable place in your life - yay! Happy for you.

I'm with you all on the clowns - something a little disturbing about them... IT didn't help with that! I watched my of horror movies in younger years and got my fill; now I leave them alone. Last night I geeked out on two Star Trek movies, yay!

Last edited by Cattails; 06-11-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #65  

For the most part I have never really gotten into the horror movie genre, they don't really scare me. The only movie that ever "scared" me was Gothika.

Still on plan, and scale check this morning validated as I tipped it at 231.6, which is about where I should be for this time of the week. STILL not getting to the gym. Got home later than I would have liked and barely had time to get the DD's ready for gymnastics before I had to take them. DW returns on Saturday. Yay!

cattails thanks.

Shannon Yeah, I don't expect any sympathy here as most of you do every day what I only have to do for a couple of weeks... And my kids are 12 and 10, so mostly fend for themselves.

Last edited by andrew80k; 06-12-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #66  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Andrew -- you get my sympathy, as does everyone else. Kids seem like such incredibly hard work!

It is gorgeous here this morning, such a treat. Did all the lawn work first thing and didn't mind being out there one bit! Big breeze blowing in over the water, lots of dolphin action. I don't mind pulling the weeds when I can watch dolphins at the same time. Then a couple of manatees were lurking at the seawall and my Schnauzer was going bananas barking at them. Pretty good morning so far!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-12-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

You would think the older kids get the easier they get. Not really its all new stuff you have to worry about instead. Always 1 thing or another. I only have 1 which I couldnt imagine having more then 1 with what he puts me threw at times.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

HI all...had a minor setback and went off program yesterday. I really think I can't have sugar, and the minute i do its no holes barred! Went to lunch with a friend that has cancer and she convinced me to have dessert...she was going off her doctor supervised diet so I felt i had do th same so i ordered a sweet dessert..big mistake...i wanted to just eat all day long after that and last night was binging on popcorn and ice cream during the ranger game. I woke up feeling pretty grossed out by myself...so today is definitely a fast day. I'm cleaning the house and keeping busy so i won't think about food until dinner time. I worked with my trainer today, its been a month and five sessions and i lost no inches except for my waist and i lost only a few lbs so you can imagine i'm pretty disappointed. I need to get into the gym more and i need to clean up my eating!!! Otherewise i'm paying her big bucks for NOTHING. Kickboxing is going well , i absolutely love it. No sun here in DAYS so I'm kind of down in the energy department. My son's graduation is in a few weeks so I'm trying to plan what i'm going to wear, i may splurge on a new dress. Thats even more incentive right there.

Allergies are kicking my buttooski still, although i'm not as medicated. Now it seems to be all in my phlegmy cough....so gross and annoying. I need to move back to the city where nothing lives...LOL
Old 06-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #69  
~Shannon

That's how sugar is for me...once I give in it's like the floodgates of cravings open. I can never just eat "one" or a sensible portion.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #70  

Its incredible isn't it? sugar definitely is an addiction..
Old 06-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #71  

Had a slight relapse last night....getting back not the wagon IMMEDIATELY before i gain the six pounds I lost all back. Not seeing the sun in a week isn't helping.....we have had rainy dismal days all week, its starting to bring me down.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #72  

Finally made it to the Gym last night and I feel better. Not sleeping particularly well and I'm going to have to figure that out. I'm hoping dropping the equivalent of another human in body fat will improve it along with the increased exercise. If I'm still having problems after another 20 pounds or so, then I'll probably need to be evaluated. Ugh. Did a scale check this morning and I weighed in at 230.6. I was actually expecting a slight increase from the workout yesterday as I tend to hold water some after doing that. My appetite is really decreasing, which is somewhat surprising as it never really did the last time I went at this hard. I'm being a lot stricter with the carb intake and maybe that's the key for me. We'll see. DW is back tomorrow. Yay!

Zumba Just keep getting back on plan. You'll be ok. Don't sabotage your own success.

Michelle That sounds awesome. I want to live on the beach someday.

tymaboy So true. It is always something with them.

Rennie Where are you?

Shannon Sugar is a killer and it does trigger you to eat more and more.

Last edited by andrew80k; 06-13-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #73  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew80k View Post
Finally made it to the Gym last night and I feel better. Not sleeping particularly well and I'm going to have to figure that out. I'm hoping dropping the equivalent of another human in body fat will improve it along with the increased exercise. If I'm still having problems after another 20 pounds or so, then I'll probably need to be evaluated. Ugh. Did a scale check this morning and I weighed in at 230.6. I was actually expecting a slight increase from the workout yesterday as I tend to hold water some after doing that. My appetite is really decreasing, which is somewhat surprising as it never really did the last time I went at this hard. I'm being a lot stricter with the carb intake and maybe that's the key for me. We'll see. DW is back tomorrow. Yay!

Zumba Just keep getting back on plan. You'll be ok. Don't sabotage your own success.

Michelle That sounds awesome. I want to live on the beach someday.

tymaboy So true. It is always something with them.

Rennie Where are you?

Shannon Sugar is a killer and it does trigger you to eat more and more.
Andrew, yay for return of DW! I was not being sarcastic the other day, kids ARE exhausting no matter the age. My almost 4 yr old is in the height of imagination lately...I love it! But it is exhausting, all the pretending. I spent an hour searching the house yesterday for a suitable turtle shell so she could be a proper turtle, LOL! My hubby is heading out for a week on Sunday. He used to travel all.the.time but has mostly been home the past 1.5 yrs so now when he leaves I get a little stressed. It is always fine, we are both alive when he returns but my daughter is VERY strong willed and sometimes it is questionable if we will both survive, lol! Usually I'm worried more about me....she is a terror!

P.S. Rennie lives in my area and knows when she goes missing for too long to expect to hear from me. I did text with her yesterday, hopefully she will have time to check back in soon.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-13-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #74  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Had a slight relapse last night....getting back not the wagon IMMEDIATELY before i gain the six pounds I lost all back. Not seeing the sun in a week isn't helping.....we have had rainy dismal days all week, its starting to bring me down.
Get back on that horse!! :-) I finally had a good day yesterday after alot of giving in to the sugar monster and had a nice whoosh this morning....yay!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #75  

Hi all....a happy Fathers day out to the world. I sure wish I still had my Dad, miss him so much.

I fell off the wagon for a while, I'm getting back on...not sure why i would want to sabotage my efforts. I hope that I NEVER see the 150s again.....Trainer measured my body fat and after a month i have lost very little....its aggravating but I will continue to try. Doing yard work today which is the hardest workout ever!!
Closed Thread