3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings May Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/295815-40-somethings-may-chat-thread.html)

Shannonsnail 05-21-2014 09:09 PM

I had a great birthday and ate tons of off plan foods but I got right back on my plan today, thank God! I have vacation all next week and need to go into that "strong", lol! It is going to be really tough to stay on my plan while eating most of my meals out (I like salad but geez, I can't eat it every meal, lol!). I'm kind of dreading it already (not vacation but just the hassle of eating away from home 2 meals a day....we should at least be able to eat once a day in the condo).

Cattails 05-22-2014 02:46 AM

Rennie, I love the name Rissa! Does it rhyme with Lisa? If my youngest had been a girl, he'd have been Risa instead of Quinlin. Yeah, roosters can be kinda nasty; we don't usually keep any around, though DS's youngest chicks may have one or three, we'll see what develops. ;)

Marlene, how fun having pet ducks! Do they tend to just stay around once they've been raised at your place? Chickens do but they aren't that great at flying, lol. Wow, 30, that's a LOT of ducks!

Zumba
, I'm so glad you had a good day! One day at a time, right?

Shannon, yay on your good birthday! Where are you going for vacation? I eat out a lot (DH loves to take me out, who am I to complain? :) ) and manage it by eating vegetable-heavy meals and keeping a good eye on portions. You can do it!

I meant to do a strength workout today but just felt so darned tired, I took a nap instead. :( Maybe I should try to just do a couple strength moves every day or so, really short workouts but more frequent? That'd still work, wouldn't it?

Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday, the week is winding down!

Zumbachica 05-22-2014 08:22 AM

wow that garlic knot and bread was so NOT a good idea. Gained a few lbs from it...doesn't make sense to me because my overall caloric intake was not high at all...i guess Im just one of those people super sensitive to carbs.....I may also be PMS....but i'm not going to get discouraged I know i put in a good workout last night.....

Shannonsnail 05-22-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zumbachica (Post 5008370)
wow that garlic knot and bread was so NOT a good idea. Gained a few lbs from it...doesn't make sense to me because my overall caloric intake was not high at all...i guess Im just one of those people super sensitive to carbs.....I may also be PMS....but i'm not going to get discouraged I know i put in a good workout last night.....

Might just be water bloat from salt....it will pass, hang in there!

Shannonsnail 05-22-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattails (Post 5008277)

Shannon, yay on your good birthday! Where are you going for vacation? I eat out a lot (DH loves to take me out, who am I to complain? :) ) and manage it by eating vegetable-heavy meals and keeping a good eye on portions. You can do it!

We are going to Williamsburg, VA. We are staying at a timeshare so we will have a kitchen but it's doubtful we'll eat anything other than breakfast there. DH likes to be a free spirit on vacation.

Mrs Snark 05-22-2014 12:57 PM

Happy belated birthday Shannon!

Zumbachica 05-24-2014 01:26 PM

Happy Belated Bday Shannon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zumbachica 05-24-2014 01:39 PM

Hello all...I"m still trying to get the 5;2 diet underway. It is very difficult for me to do 500 calories on my fast days, so I'm giving myself permission to do 700. Keeping it low carb on the other days. So far I'm not showing results, but Im very PMS. Me and BF broke up for once and for all and i'm very sad but trying hard not to turn to food. I just signed up for some kickboxing lessons (groupon at a martial arts place..super cheap!) i am working with a trainer and muscles are waking up that I haven't used in years....she is weighing me in two weeks so i"m under the gun to make some changes on the scale....the weather is finally warmer and it is helping me to get my mojo back....Im trying so hard to be positive.

Shannonsnail 05-24-2014 03:17 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Zumba, sorry about the breakup :hug:

Zumbachica 05-24-2014 03:29 PM

Thanks Shannon...it was very sad...we had a good relationship but he got cold feet..he's goig through alot and cannot progress in the relationship. He sent alot of mixed signals...finally i told him not to call or text me ever again. :(

Cattails 05-25-2014 02:41 AM

Shannon, oo, Williamsburg, that's very historic, isn't it? My DH did class A Coast Guard school in Norfolk I think, and saw a reenactment around there. Someday I'd love to take the family around the East Coast to see the sights - I've never been further than MI myself.

Zumba, :hug: Good for you trying to keep occupied with healthy things right now; the kickboxing sounds like a good thing.

I've been finally getting some gardening done, don't know why I've delayed so long this spring! I have volunteer morning glories taking over my kitchen garden; been sending pots of them to family and neighbors rather than uprooting the pretty and determined things! Can't wait to have tomatoes and cucumbers to harvest again, mm.

Hope everybody's weekend is a good one!

Zumbachica 05-25-2014 08:41 AM

Up a pound again....i attribute it to sodium and PMS bloat..so frustrating...

MarleneV 05-26-2014 09:36 AM

Cattails, the ducks stay pretty close when we let them out of their pen. Some can fly pretty well, but some are too heavy to fly far. We keep them in a pen most of the time, it's 100 feet of mesh fence. It seems when we let them out of that is when the coyotes get some. They have a coop for nighttime. We also have a Californian rabbit that stays with the ducks. Sometimes she digs out of the pen, but she stays close by too. Then I figure out where she dug out and put rocks in the hole...

MarleneV 05-26-2014 09:42 AM

Pizza & hard cider on Sat at a car show and hamburger, pasta salad & brownies yesterday = 131.5 this am. That was after bouncing around 128 after vacation.

No major plans for this week, so going to really pay attention and be OP, that will get it back down.

Zumbachica 05-26-2014 05:35 PM

Hi all..i hope everyone is having a nice Memorial Day. I had absolutely no plans today.....(again) which is okay. took a long walk this morning with some friends....it was a nice way to start the day. According to my friends phone app we burned over 300 calories. I don't have much of an appetite today....keeping the calories on the low although i won't call it a fast day, it may certainly turn out to be one given if I'm hungry later or not.

I finally got the house together, didn't really work on the basement though although thats next. No yard work either although I'm sure i'll have that done before the pool is open. Its been a glorious day of doing a whole lot of nothing. the dog is in heaven that she is getting so much of my attention. She had a few accidents today, so we still aren't where we should be with housebreaking..irritating yet i know we will work it out. Taking her out after she eats means nothing, there is just no way of knowing when she has to go. It is causing me anxiety....

I am going to do another OA phone meeting today. It is a start..:)

CATTAILS: How about sending me some of those morning glories :)?