Back After Long Absence

• Hi, everyone!

I haven't looked through the posts to see who is still around, but I will. Don't know how many may remember me. Needless to say, I "fell off the wagon" of healthy living. Life got ugly, complicated & I didn't want to deal.

I lost my job at Christmas. My "boss" thought it was no biggie to fire me WITHOUT warning just a few days before Christmas. I think it was retribution for the harassment complaint filed against him & his sleazy gf. Couldn't prove it course. What he got in his stocking I hope was nastier than coal!!!

Then H, my hubby, had a stroke!!! I could NOT believe it. He is doing okay after many weeks of physical & occupational therapy. He still has his good days & not so good days. We are getting by...

Needless to say, my weight spiraled upward like a funnel cloud. On Mother's Day I realized that for both of us, I HAVE to get my weight under control! I cannot keep going like this or H won't be the only one with severe health issues.

So I've made a challenge for me. 50 by 50! I want to be down 50 pounds by the time I hit 50. This gives me about six months. So it is do-able. What am I doing? Walking a minimum of 45 mins at least 5 days a week, but I'm really trying for 6 or 7 days a week. Cutting out the junk food that has been my comfort. Less soda & more H20.

Day 3 & all is going well. I'm keeping a journal to help keep me on track. I decided I should come back here too, to hopefully keep my "feet to the fire". For my health & my sanity!!!

What else is up? Since I'm still looking for work, I decided to volunteer at the local library. I'm hoping it will keep me busy & maybe give me contacts for possible job leads. Still taking my camera with me on my walks, cause who knows what I might see.

Hope all is well with everyone. I will respond to posts as I can! I don't have internet at home, too costly. I hook up at the library or the clubhouse in the complex we live in, so my posts might be a little scarce sometimes. But I'll give as much encouragement as I can!!

BE HEALTHY!!!
  • Welcome back and good luck! You can do it!
  • Welcome back and best wishes!
  • Thanks for the welcome back! Appreciate it!

Last few days have been okay. I had a little more than I should have had yesterday, but today is another day.

Having a bit of a battle getting H's medication. His Warfarin level was raised, but the clinic didn't call the pharmacy. Now he is SHORT basically a month's worth of it!! Now, on Monday we get to go battle for that because insurance is not wanting to pay for it! He & I were so frustrated by it we were both about in tears. I honestly DO NOT want him to have another stroke! And we just got all of his medications on a perfect schedule. Oh, well...ain't that the way it goes? Get things balanced out & someone has to screw it up!

Hope all have a healthy day & weekend! BE GOOD!
  • I'm back too with 25 lb wt gain. That is hard to admit. I worked so hard to lose all that weight only to gain it back.
  • Nice to meet both of you. We're all in this together
  • Welcome back! Sorry for your troubles! Stressful! That's enough to get anyone eating! I had a really bad day yesterday, and I actually missed the idea that I could drown my sorrows in food. It sort of added to the blues, which is crazy making! The food binge never helps!

Love your avatar!