Old 08-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #1  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Default ok, seriously?

So I was on plan all last week. Eating well and exercising and I was down 3.5 pounds. Well, guess what? I have gained it all back in a matter of 1 day. I am so frustrated. I really don't believe that it is water weight either. We went out to dinner on Sunday night and I had fish and a sweet potato. Also had a few onion straws and a piece of bread. Surely that was not enough calories to make me gain the weight that I lost last week. I just feel so frustrated today. Now that I am 43, I feel like the weight never comes off and sticks to me like glue. I am in desperation mode and have been wondering what really works? I am eating fruits/vegies etc, working out 5 times a week and then this happens. What the heck????

Ok, thanks for the vent.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

It's a temporary sodium gain. It will go. You have to roll with the punches. Trust me, it gets worse at lower weights. You wait until you hit 180 and below.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #3  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

It is water gain from good ol restaurant sodium. Your hard work is still paying off!!!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #4  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

My scale goes up and down a lot. I check my food diary for up days and those are generally the high sodium days or days where I drank less water. I just look at my calories, if I'm in my range or barely over, I know I can't have gained that in lbs because it scientifically doesn't work that way. If I've eaten a surplus of 500 calories a day and gained weight... I'd believe it was more than sodium. XD
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #5  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

This has been one of the hardest things for me to do - focusing on the long view. I try not to focus on daily weight, or even weekly weight, frankly. I look at the weight trend over longer periods of time to keep me motivated. It requires more patience than I possess at times!
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I have had days where I ate NOTHING and had a gain on the scale the next day. (I don't make a habit of eating nothing, it just works out that way on occasion.) By the same token I have had days when I ate way more than my normal calories and had a loss the next day. Unfortunately there aren't as many of those
Looking at my daily weigh in chart helps keep the long term progress in focus. There are lots of ups and downs but that trend line is still pointing down.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Patience is the hardest thing to practice during weight loss. Hang in there. As everyone has said, the scale will fluctuate alot day to day. If you stick to your plan, don't freak out, ignore the scale -- you will lose weight. Just stick with it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote