Old 04-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #406  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
I appreciate your kind words Shannon.....you would have to experience it yourself to truly understand the feelings that are involved in an eating disorder like binge eating.....someone from NEDA is going to be calling me soon bout it, i reached out for help last night. coming on here and seeing everyone making strides makes me feel worse, so I"m not sure if I'll be logging in as much.....but I do appreciate your support.
Zumba I'm not doing good AT ALL. I make it though the morning and then I don't know what goes through my head. Last night my husband came home from work at 11:35pm and asked me "what are you doing?" I told him "putting frosting on a cake!"
he said why?
I'm thinking duh! because I'm going to eat it.
I told him "I wanted something sweet earlier we didn't have anything" <-- end of my talking to him
... then I homed in to a box of cake mix in the pantry. ... Zumba I told him as I'm eating this at 11:45pm that, "I only made a third of the box, I used an egg, coconut oil and 60% cocoa chips" like that made it made it better. I had to justify it in my mind and I did. You are not along my friend. Like I said I don't know that all of us have a known eating disorder and/or have had a doctor diagnose it but I think we all have one or have had one. Some just know how to control it/reel if back in and others we just go with the flow until we are tired, idk. I hope I'm not making you feel worse. I do know that I am having a very hard time here lately and I think it has to do with the stresses of life. I pray for your strength, my strength and everyone else. I do know I am tired of this yo-yo and I don't have anywhere to turn except for 3FC. My heart is for you Zumba, don't stop posting

Last edited by love2b150; 04-26-2014 at 10:24 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #407  
~Rennie

just catching up ... Zumba's post caught my eye

Michelle good to see you and Shannon I agree with Michelle I think that is a great idea for you to start that thread. or you all can do a closed group on FB that only we can see. I post with some of the people I use to post with on here back in 2010/2011. We are not as active as we use to be but every now and then those issues that you don't want the world to see do come up.

Heidi, good to see you this is so true ---> One of the things that constantly amazes me in life is that when I open up about something, I find out that so many people are experiencing or have gone through the same thing

I don't have any comments for on bras, if it weren't for sagging I don't think that I would need one. I hate them.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #408  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonsnail View Post
We were supposed to go to a fish fry last night but a really bad storm came up.

I'm thinking of taking my daughter strawberry picking today. It just opened up here
We had fried fish last night same effect as your Asian food. I'm up today also just adding to the last two days of ups on the scale ... I'm gonna have to get some ideas from you on what goes on here. I had seen a sign on 70 last year that said something about strawberry picking but have no idea where anything is then I forget about it. Our thing to do is apple picking. Is there an apple orchard that you know of here? I know it's not until September/October but it would be great to plan That storm was interesting so glad the bad part passed us. Did you see on the news the guy that got under his trailer? I thought what a blessing. It took his roof but the trailer was still in tact and kept him safe.

Last edited by love2b150; 04-26-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #409  
~Rennie

Abbi great job on being so close to goal

Sum at least you enjoyed yourself and can still smile knowing it's water weight
Old 04-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all...as much as I say Im going to keep away from this thread I keep coming back you ladies are all so supportive.

Love2b the definition of an ED is any unhealthy relationship with food. It doesn't mean you have to be the extreme. I think many people that are overweight feel that they don't have a good relationship with food. So who knows? Maybe ED is overused. I know when i was taking laxatives to lose weight and drinking sodium citrate I definitely had a problem.....as far as the cake goes next time you have a sweet tooth have something else on hand that may cut the craving for you.....Im thinking of making a "bar" out of my protein shake mix and bananas...I found a recipe for that today. I figure i could keep them in the freezer and have if I feel like i'm going out of my mind for something sweet..atleast i could say it was up there with having a shake.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #411  

OH and y'all were discussing sports bra..i am so very saggy and shakey.....not cool when you are teaching zumba...so I only can wear Enell bras...the thing is ugly and feel like i'm in a straight jacket, but that is ALL that works for me. So you ladies that are big and want absolutely NO shaking thats the bra to get..it is very very ugly.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #412  

Went to the gym today and walked on the treadmill because it was raining...was on for a half hour...on an incline....it says i burned a little over 200 calories, not alot but i was more interested in toning benefits from the incline than calories burned.

went to lunch with my friend who was at the gym with me...we went to organic market and I had a beet, celery and cucumber juice (eeeewww) and we shared a chicken and vegetable stir fry...it was so good and all organic.....not eating again until i go to dinner tonight and i already know i'm ordering either fish or a big salad with chicken.....

Lost two lbs of bloat from yesterday so I'm back to 152.....crazy how i could lose two lbs in one day....i don't think I pee'd all that much so I wonder where exactly the two lbs went....things that make you go hmmmmm.....

off to finish cleaning my bedroom...
Old 04-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #413  
~Rennie

Zumba I have the pre-made Atkins shakes, protein powder and carbmasters yogurt. I didn't think of them at the time and they would have been a much better choice. especially at that hour. I also have the Atkins double chocolate snack bar which reminds me of Oreos (smack on the head, now I think about it)
Old 04-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #414  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I am glad you keep coming back Zumba!! We are here to support each other on good days and on bad days

Yeah, Enell bras are fantastic!

I just did my 4.7 mile puppy walk, I was flying. I was panting, so I got some aerobic exercise in as well. Sun was out but air is very cold. Wonder if we ever get spring time weather, let alone summer!

I definitely don't have a healthy relationship with food. When I was at my heaviest, I was very unhappy and I think I kept punishing and soothing myself at the same time with food. -- I felt really ugly inside, so I figured I must look ugly outside as well.

Even now it is constant battle to eat healthy and within limits. Calorie counting suits me for that reason. I give myself an allowance and stick with it. All new items I measure, to get accurate calorie measurement. I do turn to food when things are rough. -- I need happy and stress-free life in order to diet successfully. I am working on that right now. I have become happier as a person within the last year and it shows on my scale. Less misery I have, less desire I have to over eat.

I had zero interest in food when I was younger. How I miss those days. I ate because I had to. Needless to say I was very slender. Then life happened and food became my crutch.

I wish I could eat to fuel my body and workouts. I wish I could occasionally indulge on a fab restaurant meal without feeling guilty on the following day. Maybe I will get there when I reach goal??
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #415  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, friends. Lost a lot of water weight this AM... yay!

Nice food day: normal breakfast of cappuccino & hot cereal with banana; leftover Thai curry (homemade) chicken, tofu, and veggies over brown rice for lunch; planned homemade beef stew for dinner.

Went for a nice walk while the boys were at cello lessons this morning. Nothing else to report.

Here's to a good remainder of the weekend for everyone, and especially tonight! Weekend nights seem tough for everyone...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #416  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
OH and y'all were discussing sports bra..i am so very saggy and shakey.....not cool when you are teaching zumba...so I only can wear Enell bras...the thing is ugly and feel like i'm in a straight jacket, but that is ALL that works for me. So you ladies that are big and want absolutely NO shaking thats the bra to get..it is very very ugly.
Zumba does it have hooks all the way down the front? I think
Enell is the name of mine too, lol!
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #417  
~Shannon

Massive off plan food day.....not weighing tomorrow!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #418  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
We had fried fish last night same effect as your Asian food. I'm up today also just adding to the last two days of ups on the scale ... I'm gonna have to get some ideas from you on what goes on here. I had seen a sign on 70 last year that said something about strawberry picking but have no idea where anything is then I forget about it. Our thing to do is apple picking. Is there an apple orchard that you know of here? I know it's not until September/October but it would be great to plan That storm was interesting so glad the bad part passed us. Did you see on the news the guy that got under his trailer? I thought what a blessing. It took his roof but the trailer was still in tact and kept him safe.
We went to Dean's Farm in Wilson because my family is in that area and we were going to see them too but I think Vollmer is the closest place near us Rennie. There is an apple orchard not too far as well, I need to remember the name of it! We missed it this year by accident. I am really freaked by these sudden storms we get now. Do you remember the bad one in mid January? A good friend of ours was out walking on a trail in our neighborhood and killed by a falling tree. She was 50 and so full of life.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #419  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I am glad you keep coming back Zumba!! We are here to support each other on good days and on bad days

Yeah, Enell bras are fantastic!

I just did my 4.7 mile puppy walk, I was flying. I was panting, so I got some aerobic exercise in as well. Sun was out but air is very cold. Wonder if we ever get spring time weather, let alone summer!

I definitely don't have a healthy relationship with food. When I was at my heaviest, I was very unhappy and I think I kept punishing and soothing myself at the same time with food. -- I felt really ugly inside, so I figured I must look ugly outside as well.

Even now it is constant battle to eat healthy and within limits. Calorie counting suits me for that reason. I give myself an allowance and stick with it. All new items I measure, to get accurate calorie measurement. I do turn to food when things are rough. -- I need happy and stress-free life in order to diet successfully. I am working on that right now. I have become happier as a person within the last year and it shows on my scale. Less misery I have, less desire I have to over eat.

I had zero interest in food when I was younger. How I miss those days. I ate because I had to. Needless to say I was very slender. Then life happened and food became my crutch.

I wish I could eat to fuel my body and workouts. I wish I could occasionally indulge on a fab restaurant meal without feeling guilty on the following day. Maybe I will get there when I reach goal??
Sum you know I think I just accepted it and listened to peoples snide comments (that would always hurt my feelings). I got bigger and bigger and it never clicked until ... I couldn't fit my clothes (I refused to go to the next size) so I used a band to hook my pants and wore maternity shirts to cover. ... I couldn't keep up with my daughter. Once she had gone all the way upstairs from the basement and I couldn't make it past the first landing. My family would actually ask me are you gonna get any bigger or say you've gotten bigger since the last time I saw you. I think I just didn't like skinny (thin) people so I felt like it was ok to eat what I wanted when I wanted. Because they were sticks and I didn't want to look like them. I still don't know that I want to be thin (I hope I am not offending anyone) I don't mean to but I just want to be healthy. So just maybe subconsciously I am sabotaging myself, idk. I do know that every time I get close to the next decade I eat like there is no tomorrow. Life's stress does play a role but am I causing the added stress?

Shannon ... Boy do I remember that storm, sorry about your friend talk about close to home.

Well I am gonna have a huge gain tomorrow. I ate everything today but the kitchen sink tomorrow will be a better day ... I am promising myself.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:10 AM   #420  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
I still don't know that I want to be thin (I hope I am not offending anyone) I don't mean to but I just want to be healthy.
Rennie, I don't know why anybody would be offended. I would hope that you aim to be what you want to be, not what you think others expect of you. For me, healthy is the real goal; I'm never going to be Hollywood beautiful and I don't care - I don't want to work that hard! But being as healthy and strong as I reasonably can be, that's my pot o' gold. Here's to a good day tomorrow for everyone!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote