Height: 5'7"

Sum right back at you!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #122  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hi, everyone.

About to fall off the internet, here, though I'm sure I'll have some access... Anyway, see you mid April!

Am knackered from all the washing and packing, but went running today anyway
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #123  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Great attitude, Sum; the past is in the past, learn from it what you can and move on! And try not to 'make up' for your indulgences too much.

Heidi
, no candy and daily pushups are definitely positives! But I'll throw a frying pan your way since you asked.

Marlene
, what kind of car club are you in? My folks have been members of several for as long as I can remember, and since my sister got her Mini, she's been a part of that club.

Have a great time, Susan, see you soon!

to everyone else.

I've got to shop for some new coffee. My usual is giving me stomach pains and I don't want to give it up! Hope some low acid coffee will work for me and be tasty too. Why, oh why is it so hard to give things up, even when they hurt us?

Last edited by Cattails; 03-28-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #124  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Okay, trying to have a good food day:

B: cappuccino
L: cup of homemade split pea & apple soup, 1/2 avocado, wasa cracker with homemade curried baba ghanoush (sp??)
S: grapefruit, handful of nuts
S: carefully measured out serving of Lucky Charms (just the cereal, no milk)
D: baked chicken, garden salad with no dressing, 1/3 mango

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the I've responded to the treatment well...

27 pushups. Yeah, with breaks. But still, I'm impressed! I'm 5 sessions in to the 10-session plan. On the 10th session it's 20 pushups, no breaks. I'm pretty amazed, actually. We'll see...

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-28-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #125  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

as usual you all are busy ...

Carma

Marlene, I'll be glad when tax season is over

Sum thanks for thinking of me

Heidi good job on the push ups

Cattails coffee sometimes makes me sick to my stomach also. I never thought about the acid in it, thanks Hope you find some that you like/love

Susan enjoy

Zumba how the puppy cooperates this weekend

I've been doing well, blood sugar is good and I have reached an all time low of 163.6. I am really determined to get to 160 by my birthday
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #126  
Heidi

Rennie, you are doing incredibly well!! No for you!

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-28-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #127  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LOL Thanks Heidi ... I need to find the emoji so I can use it on myself from time to time
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Cattails, I own a Nissan 350z roadster. Mostly guys in our group, and anywhere from the Datsun 240z models clear up to current day Nissan 370z models are present. It's my main hobby now. I really enjoy the tech talk, and we have drives most of the year, but skip the summer because it's too hot for the old cars.

Rennie, me too! Thanks for the support! I'll figure this out after I get past that day.

Had an OP day, except the bottle of beer I decided to indulge in this evening. Still was just under 1400 cal for the day, so that's good. I'm really getting bored eating salad with chicken though... That's lunch every day and a lot of dinners. Partially because I'm so busy & it's easy. I got home this evening & no one else was home, I ate dinner by myself. Contributed to my little self pity party... Basically 2.5 weeks left.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:08 AM   #129  
seeking balance

Marlene, I LOVE the new Zs!! My first car was a '72 240z - oh, it was so fun. I still regret selling it off but just couldn't justify keeping the two seater once baby #2 came along. We talk about getting another old one and making it into a Scarab, but a beautiful modern 350z would really be the way to go. I used to know a couple guys in the CA Z club... some 30 years ago!

Salad burnout - do you vary your salads often? Sometimes I make mine half shredded savoy cabbage, add some soaked maifun noodles and spicy asian dressing (a la Coco's) and top it with sesame seeds, other times a beef noodle salad with rice wine vinegar and ginger, though usually mine are loaded with marinated kidney beans and chickpeas instead of meat; for toppings I will use a bit of feta cheese or a tablespoon of sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds, or a handful of craisins, maybe some chunks of orange, as the mood strikes. And sometimes just don't feel like salad at all!

You're doing a great job managing through this time of year - you're almost there!

Last edited by Cattails; 03-29-2014 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:20 AM   #130  
seeking balance

Rennie, you are awesome! I'm so happy for you - gonna see that 160 and below really, really soon now!

Heidi, do you like the addition of apple in the split pea? Sounds like a really interesting variation!

I had a bit of an indulgent day myself: half a turkey and provolone sandwich from the Costco food court and movie popcorn (went to see Noah). Ate pretty lightly the rest of the day so my calories are still okay. Feeling pretty thirsty after all the sodium though, would't be surprised to see a bit of retention tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
zumba I just remembered -- how are you liking your GLK?? I've had mine for 3 years now, and on the one hand I love it. But... with DS1 at 6'2", and DS2 following on the same path, it is feeling SMALL... So, I have an ML loaner car in the garage that I need to return this morning, while my car is in the shop for it's inspection. I think I'm in love... although it's too pricey. But maybe on the 2nd-hand market???
Hi ! I absolutely loving my GLK but you are right, it IS small...that backseat is tiny...Remember i was driving a huge Nissan Armada before this so this took some getting used to. Older son off to college soon so younger son will be sitting in front seat soon so I guess it fits our small family now. We had a horrible winter snow wise and the car handled well, except on black ice one morning but i don't think any car handles well on that. My car is a certified pre owned that gives me peace of mind should something go wrong. It is a 2012 but looks brand new except for some minor stuff that i hope to take care of when i bring it in for service the first time. The ML is beautiful and probably better suited for you if you need more room....my friend has it and I LOVE IT...gorgaeous ...and she helped me move and had so many boxes packed into that trunk.....so i say consider it....but haggle for a good price. and wait to find one with all the options you want...it took me a while and i was checking at three different dealers.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #132  

Cattails..there is NOTHING like movie popcorn!! Im glad you enjoyed yourself and had it, knowing that you ate pretty light the day ..once in a while we deserve a treat!!!

Marlene I heard you on the salad burnout....way to shake it up a little is experiment with different types of lettuces....fruit, nuts and cheese....my big thing now is putting avocado in my salad....or eating it with my salad. Iknow a girl in texas that has salad every day and posts a pic of it on Facebook, she has the most incredible salads. ..and always has a protein with it.

love2b: you asked how the puppy was doing this weekend.....well....last night she woke me up at 4 am again...(or was it three...) and she didn't want to go so i put her back in her crate and she yelped a bit. She let me sleep until 7 which was odd and come to find out i found out she pooped doodles in her crate. I just can't win. I bought a book that a friend recommended but the schedule they post isn't working.....it also says in the book to train at 4 months..so what am i supposed to do for another month? I'm happy i'm home this weekend to focus on her training.

SUM still want your recipe for that soup. And give yourself a big pat on the back for maintaining!! That's part of the battle. You're doing GREAT and your workouts are amazing.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #133  

Good morning friends and happy Saturday! Its overcast here, we are expecting rain...but at least it is a bit warmer. My goal for today is to clean this house top to bottom....been focusing so much on the dog that my house is a wreck....heck, I"M a wreck...LOL.....if y'all could see me right now Id be embarrassed....hair a wreck, big sweatpants on....just letting myself "go"...I'm trying to train this little doggie and she does do her business outside, we just don't have a good schedule yet.....she got some shots yesterday and they made her drink some stuff...for worms....so she was a bit out of sorts..but she did get to see her mom and brother at the shelter and they had a little reunion which was fun to watch. Her brother is more than double her size and i think he was afraid of her...! She's a feisty little girl.

I haven't weighed myself in a while and i didn't have the guts to do it today. I know seeing a bad number will set me back mentally. So i'll let it remain a mystery and focus on keeping my carbs low and my calorie count at about 1200. I have to really nix the nightime eating.

I hope everyone has a good day...I'll be burning calories today cleaning this house....a real cleaning....and then I'm going to pick up my dumbbells and do some lower body fix from one of my DVDs. May do the pilates dvd also.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #134  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Zumba, I will scan the recipe today and send it to you via Facebook.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #135  
Heidi

Hi, guys. Quick pop in while my lunch is heating. That same apple split pea soup. It's only okay. Although, I remembered last night that I forgot to add the balsamic at the end so I'm going to add a bit to today's. Maybe that will perk it up. Anyway, tight schedule this AM so gotta run. Just wanted to say hi.