40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 36
Go to
  • I was hoping to see a loss, but my weight stayed the same. It did not help that for 2 days straight I had smoked salmon for lunch and after vigorous exercise this weekend, I have DOMS again. So my muscles must be retaining water as well. Well, I hope to have a nice whoosh in the future I still have 8 days to drop 1.8 pounds.

b- none
    l - smoked salmon, cream cheese and a few crackers. Salad.
    d - left over porkloin, veggies, salad
    s - apple w/pb, orange
    Cals around 1300

Exercise
    3.3 mile pup walk 60 min
    4.7 mile power treadmill walk 60 min

Weight 141.8
    No change
  • Not weighing in until wednesday.

Not having a good day today....sons are both home sick from school and dog had me up last night....she pooped in her crate and wouldn't go back in there even after i cleaned it up....seh just screamed and screamed.....i'm losing patience.....why didn't i get a cat instead.

my eating is low priority today. Just want to eat enough to be able to teach my three classes...two down, one more to go.......fast day tomorrow.
  • cattails where do you get your routine from?
  • Ok three or more pages behind …

I haven't been doing good I was at 167.2 yesterday and at 166.8 this morning after 5.5 hours of sleep. I MUST get below 165.6 to see a loss for March and I still want to reach my bday goal of 160-159 … 156, so I need to get my head in gear so that my body can follow. My eating hasn't really been bad but maybe I'm not eating enough and the small snacking that I have done is just taking residence in water weight I have a ton to accomplish. All I can ask is that you all wish me luck.

Marlene I think you're doing great. When tax season is over the numbers will drop when you have more time for you Which multi-vitamin do you take?

Carma great job at the drive in fries call my name just by the smell so you did wonderfully

Zumba hope the boys feel better soon and the puppy stops keeping you up

Sum 1.8 for you is definitely doable

Cattails 116, way to go

Susan running in the snow, dedication my friend

Heidi

Chubby Mum my baby's are 10 and 13 and I still keep up with their bag organization. I'll do it with the 15 and 16 year olds also if and when I feel the need to (mainly my 16 year old).

My husband doesn't cook at all. I tried to teach him but it takes him too too long and he needs measurements. I don't measure. I cook like my Great Grandmother … I just cook unless it's something new that I have never tried that sounds good, then I need a recipe
  • Zumba, I've been getting the Prevention magazine for the past 10 years or so, thanks to my kind MIL; I have saved most of them and regularly scour issues for various workouts. So I'm always changing up routines, at least every couple of months, and often combine routines or alternate two or three. My nightstand is piled with the little mags! LOL

Sorry to hear your boys are sick; my youngest is home today with a cold as well. Hope yours recover quickly. Poor puppy, sounds like she just couldn't hold it? Dogs have such a sensitive sense of smell and won't sleep where they've messed if they can at all help it - scrubbing her crate with white vinegar and rinsing well will neutralize urine smells and Nature's Miracle or Nature's Remedy (from pet stores) will neutralize urine and feces odor.

Try to do something just for you today, okay? I know it's tough when you have so much on your plate, but you're important, too.
  • Susan, stratciatella quark?! I want to move to Switzerland! And LOL on your DH's cooking, too funny. Nice going on the snow run!

Marlene, you (mechanical) cowgirl you! That sounds so fun.
  • Quote: Zumba, I've been getting the Prevention magazine for the past 10 years or so, thanks to my kind MIL; I have saved most of them and regularly scour issues for various workouts. So I'm always changing up routines, at least every couple of months, and often combine routines or alternate two or three. My nightstand is piled with the little mags! LOL

Sorry to hear your boys are sick; my youngest is home today with a cold as well. Hope yours recover quickly. Poor puppy, sounds like she just couldn't hold it? Dogs have such a sensitive sense of smell and won't sleep where they've messed if they can at all help it - scrubbing her crate with white vinegar and rinsing well will neutralize urine smells and Nature's Miracle or Nature's Remedy (from pet stores) will neutralize urine and feces odor.

Try to do something just for you today, okay? I know it's tough when you have so much on your plate, but you're important, too.
    Im impressed that you made up your own routine.....my fitness certification is in group fitness...so resistance training is a mystery to me.....i was thinking of biting the bullet and having some sessions with a trainer as well as working at home with free weights....Years ago i did free weights with routine followed by books by Joyce Vedral and it really made a difference but then again i was in my 20's!!!

There was no way i could do something nice for me today, too busy ...and tomorrow is a wash as well...but Wednesday i'm finally getting my nails done...Thursday roots done...iv been neglecting myself and i look pretty bad....
  • today was definitely a carb day, probably because of my sleep deprivation and me teaching three classes.....i have a mini goal of being 147 by sunday...so as of tomorrow its "you know whats" to the wall....i also have decided to bite the bullet and do som personal training sessions with a trainer that works at one of the gyms i teach at...maybe i'll get discount because I"m staff..but i doubt it. i really need to get my act together because i refuse to spend another summer hiding underneath moo moo dresses.
  • Rennie, I get all of my vitamins at Costco, I'm taking a women's multi.

Cattails, the mechanical bull was a blast. I wouldn't have done that 2 years ago...

Speaking of 2 years ago, I have a photo that I show people as a before that was taken 2 years ago last week. The response I always get is "WOW, that doesn't look anything like you do now". We were looking at some other photos the past few days, and its hard to believe that I really did weigh that much. Gives me the incentive to keep working at maintenance.

Today was a good day OP for food, and I definitely got in all of my water.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Quote: Susan, stratciatella quark?! I want to move to Switzerland! And LOL on your DH's cooking, too funny. Nice going on the snow run!
    Nooooooooo! I spelled stracciatella with a 't'? And now I've contaminated you too, Cattails! I am so sorry. I'm taking Italian, too. How utterly embarrassing.

But- Cattails and Rennie, the dedication to run in the snow is paying off! Another pound down! I can totally live with that

So far, so good. I'm off to play with my dumbbells now. I'm a little nervous about the upcoming hols; my weakness for Dunkin' Donuts is not to be underestimated. OTOH, the Outer Banks must be a great place to run...

Keep up the good work everyone. One day at a time.
  • Zumba, working with a personal trainer sounds fun! I have been to a gym a few times long ago, enjoyed it a lot; I just don't have access to one these days. And there was a time way back that I took aerobics classes just for fun. I don't mind working out on my own at all, though, and most of the routines I use are whole-body workouts, and changing up the workouts so frequently ensures that I'm hitting all the muscle groups - at least that's what I'm hoping.

Marlene, there's some saying about 'you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been,' something like that; I think it's important to keep an eye on the past. I have a health journal I've been writing in the past couple years and I read old entries frequently to recall my journey and mindset at various stages - it's enlightening. And yes, girl, you've come a long way!

Rennie and Zumba, low sleep really messes with everything, doesn't it?! Here's hoping you get more sleep and shake a few pounds. Nails and hair, that's good pampering.

Okay, Susan, stracciatella, stracciatella, stracciatella - there, I've got it locked in right, no harm done! Good luck running right past those Dunkin' Donuts. LOL
  • Things moving so fast!! Got totally derailed I've the weekend. Back on track today. Still doing my push-ups, yay!

Will check in later...
  • I fasted yesterday and I gained a pound -- Usually I don't get hungry on fast days but yesterday I was miserable. I was at the FCA, so I did not even have any food. I could have bought some candy but refused (good girl ). I had sensible dinner and voila I am up a pound today. So frustrating. Makes me think that if I had eaten all day as normal, I would be up 3 pounds. UGH! A double UGH!

So today will be a normal eating day for me, I will probably gain Boo!

Hah, just checked; I am ovulating; no wonder my weight is up.

Rant over

It is snowing, again. We need to get like 3 inches of snow to break a record for the snowiest winter ever.

Testerday
    B - tea
    L - Fast
    D - Porkloin w/ veggies, salad
    S - Apple w/pb

Exercise - None

Weight
    Up 1 lb
  • Noone home??

I'll make it quick then

B - Green Tea
    L - Salad w/ grilled chicken, avocado, feta, veggies and vinaigrette dressing
    D - Porkloin, veggies and salad
    S - Apple w/pb

Exercise
    Weights 45 min, 4.7 mile power walk 60 min

Weight
    No change
  • I took a few days off from "dieting" to just refresh and regroup. The damage done was not as bad as I thought it would be. I"m not happy about being back up to 150...but i thought for sure i would be somewhere around 155.....

Dog peed on my scale this morning,,,,i was annoyed but laughed at the same time.....I think she has the right idea.

I chatted a bit with the trainer that i want to use...45 minutes for a half hour, 80 for a full hour and a discount for a package of five sessions......I think i'm going to have to give up something to make this work with my budget, I'm just not sure what. My "free" dog has cost me a bundle this past month. I'm just going to give up shopping for the time being, no clothes, no shoes, no makeup.....I have more than enough of what i need.....maybe less dinners with friends.

Cattails, working out at home is ideal...its just that i never get around to doing it....an appointment with an expensive trainer is not something I can blow off. I don't think working with a trainer is fun...I have done it before over the years...its hard work and i feel like a weakling.