Old 03-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #46  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Marlene, on being back in range only loss .6 more so another .8 to go

Heidi LOL where did you get the pretzels or did you make them? but thanks for the calories on them

Susan, shaking a tail feather burns calories so I should learn how to do it also

Zumba I started the fast and at around 1:30 I had to have something. I didn't feel so good. I had some cream of chicken soup with broth of course the sodium will kill me. I also ate a small apple. Feeling better and I will keep trying. I have had two travel cups of green tea and no water yet, gotta get that going

Sum sorry your ear is still bothering you, I hope it is all straightened out when you see the doctor and FF you know I love them and BK has that picture on the window when I drive by I want to stop also

gonna finish catching up in a little while
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #47  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Zumba I hope you are loving your new closets!

sum Uggh to the fries and the ear! I hope you feel better soon. Love the hair; it will look great on you!

appleBlossom I love that you give the pulp to the chickens! It just seems like such a waste when I dump it in the trash. I don't put *all* of it in the smoothie, but I try to throw the spinach and kale in the juicer last so I can scoop it out for the blender.

love2b I get the pretzels at Costco...

The only time I ever do a fast is if I need to for a medical procedure. And it's amazing how I can just *do* it -- I think because I don't want anything to mess up the procedure, or make me have to reschedule it. Otherwise, all bets are off!

Making Indian food for dinner tonight; I love to make it at home, without all the oil!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #48  
Heidi

Oh, and good day today. Nobody at my new job knows about my weight loss; they only know me like my avatar photo. I felt like such a normal person when I turned down cake saying, "I wish I could, but I'm focusing on losing a little winter weight." Very nonchalant LOL
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

NEWLEAF yes I am totally loving how the closet came out...problem is now i have to decide what goes in there, what goes to charity, what goes in storage....the sad part is a lot of it is too small....as much as that makes me sad it also gives me some added incentive to finally get my act together... I like how you sounded all non chalant and cool at work about your winter weight... Oh and I LOVE Indian food....!!!

LOVE2B Something must be in the air because i am not feeling so hot today myself......I broke down late morning and had an avocado because I was feeling kind of foggy and dizzy....Had two hard boiled eggs for lunch, spinach and greek meatballs for dinner.....a few raspberries (maybe three). Not a big calorie day by any means...but definitely not a fast day...so my fast day has to be tomorrow.....you did the right thing by eating, because you never want to feel sick from fasting..

Apple Blossom..how COOL that you have chickens. I think one of my neighbors does because I heard a rooster when i was taking a walk the other day.....anyhow I don't know how many calories and carbs are in a beer....don't beat yourself up over it, you just had one.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #50  
Heidi

B: cappuccino, hot cereal w/banana
S: pineapple, handful of nuts
L: chipotle pepper hummus, snap peas, chicken quinoa salad, whole grain tortilla chips
S: barley miso broth, 1/2 handful of nuts
D: lemony cilantro chicken, spinach with lentils
S: 2 peanut butter filled pretzels
Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

I'm in! I'll aim for eight pounds, realistic and then I'll have less than 10 to go.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:30 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

another long day here... I started out well, but then we went to Mexican for dinner, and I WAY over-did on the chips. Actually, I guess I didn't start out well, because we picked up visitors at the airport just after midnight, and they were hungry, so we stopped to get them some food. I ordered a breakfast taco on wheat tortilla, so that wasn't so bad, except we got chips with that too...

OK, I need to cut out the chips completely. I used to not eat them at all, and then I'd eat just a few, but now a few is getting to be more than I should have. back to the drawing board on this part...

I need a few days of really clean eating. Tomorrow will be fine. Friday evening is not likely to be, but then our guests leave Sat. afternoon, and so I can really pay attention for a few weeks. No exercise today either. Not feeling good about all of this.

Hope everyone is ok. Sum, sorry you are still having ear issues.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:17 AM   #53  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Wow, this thread is hopping! Rennie, my DS complained about feeling weak a couple days in but just for one day. Maybe start your son low-carbing on Friday so he has the weekend to get past carb-flu? That's awesome that he's so active! My youngest is in cross country and track, though he's sidelined right now with some knee trouble. Rennie, sounds like the right move to eat if you're feeling bad. I think fasting is necessarily good for some of us; personally I have gastritis issues and getting too empty gives me serious stomach pain. Do what works for you.

Susan, great video! And good going on the kilo - that sounds so awesome, to lose kilos; I think I'll start counting in kilos too!

Zumba, what fun to fill your new pretty closet! Sort of like Christmas, isn't it? Maybe I'm just a dork that way. Definitely don't want to risk parvo - I had one young dog contract it years back after I delayed getting his third shot , and it was horrible; touch and go for several days, I think he only survived because he was 8 months old at the time and had some reserves to keep him going.

Sum, I swear fast food places and bakeries pipe aromas out to draw you in! Evil yummy fries... That hair, so fun and sassy - so YOU! Kudos on preplanning your outing, especially with food allergies.

Mm, Heidi, now you've got me thinking of Chicken Tikka Masala - yum! And very nice being breezy! Great idea to throw some pulp back in; I can see how you'd have too much to use it all, but some of the fiber is definitely a good thing.

Good to see you in, Chubby Mum! You've got this!

Marlene, I hear you on the chips; I cannot go out for Mexican without having chips and salsa, that's just the way it is! As long as it's only once in a while, I can get away with it. That's smart to nip it in the bud now before seeing any damage from the darned things!

Funny that chickens were mentioned today; my youngest bought 6 new chicks this afternoon to add to his flock. The little peepers are so cute! Aren't chickens fun, Apple?

Okay, think I'm caught up now. to anybody I missed!

Last edited by Cattails; 03-20-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:27 AM   #54  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

I found a four pack of yoga and pilates DVDs in our cabinet a couple of weeks ago - I don't know where they came from! But I've been eager to try them out and tomorrow I'm definitely going to do the pilates one. Or a yoga one. Maybe I'll close my eyes and just grab!

B: plain yogurt and honey vanilla kefir with flaxseed and half a banana
L: chips and salsa, guacamole, and 1/2 of a Chevy's chicken lunch bowl, no rice
S: 1/2 a banana, one carrot, coffee with creamer
D: green salad with beans soaked in artichoke marinade
S: coffee with creamer, dark chocolate (too much!)

I've been eating too much sugar lately; I know I should cut it out before it gets out of hand, but I keep arguing with myself that I'm maintaining well, so why change? Hm... I think I need a frying pan bonk.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #55  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I never got back here yesterday and this place is jumping

Apple Blossom

Sum love the hair style and it would definitely be a great look for you Hope you are feeling better today

Thanks Heidi and great NSV on the cake, and feeling good

Zumba I am not sure what's going on with me, seems I am always not feeling my best for some reason. I didn't have a high calorie day either but I did have high carbs (I think) I still haven't added everything up on MFP for yesterday then TOM came this morning. I'll be so glad when I am done with this part of my life I think you ate well

Marlene, it happens. I need to go back to clean eating also. I think my issue this go around is TOM coming and I just want what I want. Though I though I was doing well. I ate corn last night and I haven't had corn since December so that could be it. But I wanted it so I ate two cups Today will be better

Thanks Cattails that's a great idea except we have my Aunt's bday celebration on Saturday and my youngest son's bday is tomorrow. So we'll have to put it off again. He won't pass up the goodies but I'm gonna keep pushing LOL on the frying pan

I'm up 1.2 to 166.6 ... I'm gonna blame it on TOM and only 5.5 hours of sleep
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

8 weeks... My goal is to lose 8 lbs! 144 lbs is the goal!!
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #57  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Turkey Chili
Number of Servings: 5

Ingredients

1 pound dark ground turkey
1 pounds white ground turkey
2 cans - Kidney beans (do not drain liquid) Chile ready
12 oz. - Any tomato sauce (homemade or jar)
1/2 - 1 jar - Old El Paso Fresh Mexican Style Smooth Pineapple Chile Salsa or any pineapple or mango salsa
Lots of Crushed Pineapple; a large can (I use Dole crushed pineapple in juice)
Chili Powder (as much or as little as suits your taste)
Chopped onion
Red pepper to taste -- optional

Directions
- Brown the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Top with low fat sharp cheddar or fat free sour cream, if it suits you.

Makes approximately 5-6 servings.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #58  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I am making my flat belly cure Spicy Pineapple Chili It is DH's favorite weekend meal. And so healthy.

I slept in, again. My ear is kicking my butt, luckily I have the ENT appointment tomorrow.

I skipped my ladies luncheon out; I just don't feel well and one ear is clogged so I don't hear anything out of it. It is a sweats day at my household

No weigh in for me, once again I am afraid of that scale

So just chillin out today and making much needed phonecalls.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

2 hard boiled eggs
Avocado
Atkins frozen dinner
Green leaf salad with feta cheese , balsamic and olive oil.
Atkins peanut butter cup
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #60  
Heidi

ChubbyMummy, time to change your name yet?? Sounds like you should be SvelteMummy; you are doing awesome!

Marlene, I hear you re: the chips. I have gone the abstinence to portion control to I'm not in control anymore with other things. I know you will conquer the chips...

CatTails and Rennie, I can't imagine either of my kids ever asking for diet advice / help. Nice that yours will come to you for guidance!

CatTails, so cute - new chicks!! So... which DVD did you choose? Here's your frying pan...

Rennie, I hope you get more sleep tonight...

FatAbbi, sounds like a great goal! Looks like it's time for a new moniker for you, too. TrimAbbi??

Sum sounds like a great chili! I come and go on crockpots. About the only thing I've figured out how to make is shredded pork. Although I guess I have a good beef stew recipe, too. Oh, and a good ma pao tofu. LOL I guess I do have some recipes! Sorry you missed your lunch... hope you get some ear relief soon!

Zumba sounds like good food for the day. Aren't you hungry? I'd be pretty cranky on that quantity...

Nothing new to report. Had a nice walk this AM. Ate well; since I had a BIG snack when I got home from work, I had very little dinner. Weigh-in tomorrow, and I'm hoping to be back to 161, which is what my last weigh-in was, I don't know how long ago. Valentines Day, maybe?

B: cappuccino, portabella & carmelized onion fritatta
S: papaya protein shake, 1/2 handful nuts
L: salad of arugula, tomato, red pepper, snap peas, hummus, no dressing; chicken quinoa salad
S: 2 bananas, whole grain tortilla chips, hummus
D: salad of lettuce, tomato, red pepper, snap peas, zucchini; jalapeno pickles; slice of muenster cheese, 4 peanut butter pretzels
S: 1/2 handful of nuts