40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

You're on Page 29 of 36
Go to
  • Ahhh Stress. I agree that stress makes everything more difficult (as I am experiencing now). What is so ironic to me is that I know when we are under tremendous stress, that's exactly when good nutrition and a stable exercise routine can really, really help your body cope. Yet those 2 things are often the first to go out the door.

I keep reminding myself it is important to treat my body like I'd treat my best friend's body. If I was responsible for feeding a friend, you can bet I'd put in alot of effort choosing healthy foods and making other healthy choices. It's just my own body I'm so willing to abuse.

Rennie -- Healthy is the goal for me, too. I'd bet it is the goal for alot of us.
  • Ok gals, per your request, here is a new thread for the hard days, please read description in initial post
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-s...ml#post4992809

If anyone is interested in starting a FB group for privacy, please feel free to do so. I had an addiction problem with FB and gave it up for 4 months from Nov to March. I have a new account now but it is only for family so I can keep up with them and share my daughter's pics, no groups or friends, so that I do not fall back into where I used to be. Thanks!
  • Quote: Rennie, I don't know why anybody would be offended. I would hope that you aim to be what you want to be, not what you think others expect of you. For me, healthy is the real goal; I'm never going to be Hollywood beautiful and I don't care - I don't want to work that hard! But being as healthy and strong as I reasonably can be, that's my pot o' gold. Here's to a good day tomorrow for everyone!
    Wise words... Totally agree
  • Thanks Cattails that is my pot o' gold also so I'll be around for my children and prayerfully my grandchildren also Cattails and Heidi, it wasn't about me wanting to be what someone else wanted me to be, it was about me being stubborn and in my mind comfortable with the weight. Their words made me not want to lose weight. ... in actuality they didn't care, I gave them something to talk about. But who did that harm? ... me ... so the new attitude and sometimes more sensible me is here wanting to lose weight and get healthy

Michelle, That is truly a way to put it in black and white ... how you would treat a friend ... that is funny how we can care for someone else better than we will or do for ourselves

LOL Shannon my addiction other than food is 3FC. My kids tell me to get off of here. ... thanks for starting the group. I'm all for the private group because have you ever search for some on google and a 3FC thread will come up with everything someone has said, scary.

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
    04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
    04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
    04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
    04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
    04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
    04/27 ~ 164.6 (+1.0)
    04/28 ~
    04/29 ~
    04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

A new start was my plan but I haven't done well so far. I've had a gain everyday since the 24th. I am up 2.6lbs total but I am gonna do the 5:2 diet today and see if I can get the scale to move down. Hope it works so I can see a loss by the end of April
  • Lots of wisdom going around here
  • 3FCs addiction, you and me both, Rennie! My computer keeps telling me "You've visited this site a LOT." Yeah, so what - shut up already! There's far worse things to be addicted to, hm?

Thank you, Shannon, for starting a thread; looks good.

I forgot to say earlier: welcome back, Michelle - sorry you've been struggling, and kudos for not letting things go too long. Hope your stresses are getting dealt with.

Happy Sunday everybody - it's the beginning of a brand new week! Fresh start for us all!
  • I am tired today. I did a long workout last night, eventhough I slept a full night, I felt tired. I did go to my 9 am aerobics class and did well...run some errands and then collapsed. I took a 2 hour nap But I am listening to my body and letting it get rest when it wants it. -- I napped on a chair, and now I have a stiff neck

I think I will skip my 5 mile walk today. Just get rested up. -- I have worked out every day since the 8th, I think I may need a day off.

Weight is still up from the weekend. I am not panicking It will flush out soon enough. Well maybe not today; I ate lots of smoked salmon....
  • Was in class ALL DAY today.....so much information...it was just too much to process....the instructor brought up every worse case scenario that could happen at a closing. It made me want to cry......the thought of being at a closing and not knowing what to do would be the end of me.....funny, i sat through five or six closings for myself and don't remember the title closer doing anything like what she's saying, so i don't know if she was exaggerating or trying to make herself sound super human......i don't know what i want to do now....so many decisions to make as I start my new life.....

Last night i went to dinner with and friend and had a small hanger steak and brussel sprouts, water (no alcohol). I felt very much in control. My DB came over (although i use the word boyfriend loosely now) and I can tell that he has been working out, his arms were huge and tight and the rest of him was pretty solid also......and here i am looking worse by the day..a big glob. I hope working with the trainer gives me the incentive that i need to get it together. NO workout today because I was in school all day and Im pretty tired now...but I am definitely going to do some pushups and sit ups and lunges before bed......I made a promise to myself not to let one day go by that i don't do "something" active.....
  • Quote: 3FCs addiction, you and me both, Rennie! My computer keeps telling me "You've visited this site a LOT." Yeah, so what - shut up already! There's far worse things to be addicted to, hm?

Happy Sunday everybody - it's the beginning of a brand new week! Fresh start for us all!
    So so true Cattails, and I am so hoping to really keep the next 3 days fresh. I will really be bummed if I can't get under my 163.2 on the 30th.

Sum good job on listening to your body , sorry about your neck

Zumba hopefully the instructor was just giving worse case scenarios to make or break you all, just stand strong you can do it On your DB let that be incentive, and you're not a glob I need to make the promise to do something active daily, I feel so much better when I do

I finally went to the gym, felt really good. My son got on me because I am doing a low cal/carb day and I burned so many calories. Sum I brought your name up and said she's fine (I did a forth of what she does) and this is just one day it's not like I'm going to do this daily. I'd go crazy
  • Congrats on getting back at the gym, Rennie! And low calorie days are good for your body too.
  • I ate smoked salmon yesterday, a whole package of it Now I am paying the price, scale jumped many pounds and I am retaining water like mad. I tried flushing the sodium out, but my body decided that it liked the water and is keeping it in. I feel like a balloon, someone pop me please? Even my face is swollen, esp. eyes are looking small and eye lids really puffy.

I will keep assaulting my body with more water, eventually it has to release it right? I drank about 100 oz yesterday and barely used the loo. I am shooting for another 100 oz for today. Just watch, I will be at the FCA and really busy and in a need of use the toilet all day And no time. I will need to wear a diaper

These water pounds are going to take days to get rid off, ugh. Hoping for a decent weigh in by the 1st. But I am not panicking. I know I did not eat enough to cause any real weight gain. -- I am more intrigued by the fact how sodium sensitive I am.

Weekend was filled with off plan items, and I was okay with it. Just my binge with smoked salmon was too much.

I exercised very well this weekend though.

Today is my FCA day, which means a fast day; boy my body really needs it. Get things settled down a bit. I will only swim tonight for exercise. My puppy has not have a day off form walking since the 8th and she is looking pretty tired. She is not a young dog any more. She will enjoy her day off.

My goal was to exercise 3000 minutes this month (50 hours), and I am at 2945, I think I am going to make it! I don't know if I am going to set such a high goal for next month. I may set 40 hr (2400 minute) goal.
  • Good morning.

sum, that's a lot of exercise, wow!

zumba, what's up with that teacher? Yeah, I've never seen a closing that wasn't cookie cutter.

Rennie . Great job getting to the gym!

Decent weekend here, gorgeous weather. Backs of my thighs are a little sore from yard work. Did a lot of cooking last night, made a purée of chickpeas and roasted acorn squash with lemon and sriracha. Sort of a hummus but without the sesame; a rhubarb compote to put in oatmeal; and a tomato, roasted acorn squash, roasted red pepper soup. All without recipes; I was feeling daring! The red peppers and acorn squash had been staring me down for awhile, had to do something!
  • Thanks Cattails. I'm working at practicing better coping mechanisms (instead of random eating), hopefully I can get the hang of it!

Heidi - as usual, your food sounds delish!
  • Good morning! I am sore from yard work too Heidi. I had to get 3 hrs in yesterday because it is supposed to rain most of this week. I still have a long hedge along the driveway to trim for the first time of the season but I got our smaller hedge done and the yard mowed/trimmed around edges.

Last year I sold a ton of old stuff through a local buy/sell/trade group and my porch is piled up with more stuff to sell this year. I've got a load for Goodwill too. Spring decluttering!

Well, I managed to still have a loss this week despite 3 off plan meals over the weekend so I'm happy. If it's like the last couple weeks I will have a whoosh tomorrow. It always happens right after my official weekly weigh in, LOL! My weight loss is slowing some but I'm going to ride this no counting, no exercise train as long as I can!
  • Thanks Sum , Sum question (can I do another day today or do you not recommend it?) I logged my meals into MFP and the calories still aren't that much higher than yesterday. WOW 3000 minutes way to go Water weight is just evil. I hope it goes away soon LOL on the diaper, that's how I feel when I eat too many carbs, I go to the bathroom so much

Thanks Heidi ... you should write a cookbook Start taking pictures and jotting down your steps

Hi Michelle

Shannon good job on your weigh in You're doing great LOL why is it that the day of your(our) weigh in is always high and the next day is lower My end of the month is usually like that also.

Well yesterday's eating plan and treadmill time did the trick. I still went over but I lost the bloat and am back to my 162 that I was on the 7th so I am happy. Two pounds to lose by 4/30 to make my (birthday 4/14/14) goal My ticker is finally accurate