3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Something St Patrick's Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/292792-40-something-st-patricks-challenge.html)

FatAbbi 02-26-2014 12:54 AM

Debating taking up running. I hold back because every time I add exercise weightloss stops.

Zumbachica 02-26-2014 07:17 AM

Cattails: now i have that song in my head...LOL

Well today is my first day of 21 day fix. I am fasting today. Just my shake today...i need a major cleanse after the horrible binge i had last night. it showed up immediately on the scale, crazy how you can gain two lbs but not have had two pounds of food. I am not going to be posting my ticker because it shows that i have a gain and that just isn't good for my head right now.

Going to a new dentist this morning...my old dentist was my husband. Crazy how life turns out...

We were supposed to have snow this morning, i don't see it..but it is very cold and cloudy..it definitely looks like its going to snow. Older son is home sick today :( and I' know he's feeling pretty badly because he never takes off from school......

Exciting thing today is that someone is coming to measure my closet for custom work...woo hoo...finally a place to hang my clothes....and shelves for my shoes and handbags....maybe having my nice clothes out of boxes will be even more incentive to try and fit into them again!!

Day one of 21 Fix....today's workout is a cardio killer.....no zumba today so this works out well....I plan on doing some upper body work too with my dumbbells.

BettyBooty 02-26-2014 10:23 AM

I am feeling blue today. My 3 year old is getting a reputation as a hitter at his daycare learning center. I'm debating taking him to a child shrink to see if he has anger issues like I do, becuase telling him not to do it and punishing him (going to bed right after dinner, no toys, etc) doesn't seem to be doing any good. I had my breakfast, but am craving a big ol candy bar to cover these bad feelings. But, I know I'd just hate myself later for caving in. BAH!

Zumbachica 02-26-2014 11:15 AM

Bettybooty....my so was doing that at preschool but he was frustrated bc he couldn't speak like the other kids...he was speech impaired. Putting him in Montessori school helped...it allowed him to play independently how he wanted and when he wanted. I think he just grew out of it...I'm sorry you feel bad.

Zumbachica 02-26-2014 07:00 PM

Okay so I got through this day low carb and i intend on staying that way....(fingers crossed I get through the rest of this day) I have decided to go back on Atkins since i'm having such a hard time sticking to anything......

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: garden salad, olive oil and vinegar
Dinner: filet mignon with red wine sauce and mushrooms, baked asparagus.

i want to be 148 by the end of this weekend.

Zumbachica 02-26-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatAbbi (Post 4951552)
Debating taking up running. I hold back because every time I add exercise weightloss stops.

Im going to give you my two cents, only because we talked about this when i took my fitness certification test. You will not lose weight for a while when taking on a new exercise routine..this is true. However if you continue to do it you will start to see a loss at around two week mark. its a long time to wait, but it will happen and you will be pleased. Please don't NOT exercise for fear of weight gain, it isn't really a gain but your muscles holding on to glycogen which makes us retain water.:carrot:

MarleneV 02-26-2014 10:55 PM

126 this am. Not too bad.

B - cream of wheat, 1% milk, cheese stick
S - Magic pop
L - salad w. Egg, Feta & guacamole
S - Orange & cheese stick
D - tilapia, stewed tomatoes, salad w black olives, mixed berries
S - mini Texas Sheet Cake cupcake (had to test before I drop off at church tomorrow), no sugar added ice cream.

should be about 1250 calories total. No exercise, too much work and it's cold & wet outside.

FatAbbi 02-27-2014 12:20 AM

Been moving 30 minutes a day but thinking of a half marathon in November.

Zumbachica 02-27-2014 06:30 AM

Lost two lbs from my binge the day before.....I have a long ways to go.

Zumbachica 02-27-2014 02:19 PM

put in my half hour workout from the 21 day fix....it was a killer cardio workout but i did my best.....made zumba look like a day in the park......im feeling a little run down but i'm sure that is because i haven't had enough carbs yet today, so i'm going to make myself a salad now with tuna fish.

Zumbachica 02-27-2014 06:14 PM

okay, here's my Atkins day:

Breakfast: eggs and bacon
Lunch: Atkins bar
Mixed greens with olive oil, balsamic and some feta cheese
Filet Mignon with blue cheese

its dinner time and I"m really not hungry....if i get ravenous I may have a shake.

Cattails 02-28-2014 01:46 AM

Aw, BettyBooty, sorry to hear of the trouble with your son. Good for you for keeping control!

Marlene, your mini Texas Sheet Cake cupcakes sound awesome. :)

Nice job, Abbi - keeping moving is so good in so many ways. A half marathon would be so fun!

Zumba, sounds like you had a good day. :)

Cattails 02-28-2014 01:50 AM

I smacked my knee against the door frame last night; wow, that hurt! Guess I'll have to take a day or two off from exercise. :(

B: banana, kefir
L: salad with beans
D: 2 beef soft tacos
S: coffee with creamer, lightly buttered popcorn, 1 oz. dark chocolate

Chubby mum 02-28-2014 05:46 AM

Abbi, I am a huge fan of running. I think it tones you and also makes you respect and appreciate your body more. I do accept that food intake is more important than exercise for weight loss - although you never see fat marathon runners. I can't remember if you're being restrictive with calories or not. Maybe you don't lose initially because the exercise normalises your appetite? That should be offset by an increase in your metabolism.

I'm down a pound - well actually two but I was up a pound last week. I continue to have no idea about my calorie intake but I'm only ever chubby after babies - i do "trust" myself to get it right. I hope that's still the case when I'm back to my normal weight. TOM is here and it's my "rest" day and I am absolutely shattered. Enjoying listening to the rain and not listening to noisy children (they're asleep).

Sum38 02-28-2014 07:13 AM

It's pretty quiet with the 40-somethings group. So sad to see that many chicks have stopped posting with us :( -- If you lurk, please know that you are missed ;)

I have been sick for the past few days; an ear infection and fever. My fever broke last night and my ear stopped hurting too.

Scale is up by a few pounds. I really don't have appetite, but I have been drinking a lot of crap, like Dr. Pepper last night and loads of Boathouse smoothies. Loads of empty calories.

I was going to see a dr today, but if I feel better, I may skip. I don't want antibiotics, usually these things clear up on their own.

I got a flu shot and I promptly got sick, a connection?? I am anti flu shots, but because I will be volunteering at the hospital, they made me :(

My house looks like a tornado went through it. I have been sick/tired all week; kids actually did empty the dishwasher and reloaded, but only because they were running out of drinking glasses :D -- Si if I feel better today, I need to pick up a bit.

Today is my bestie's bday (my DH). :love: He will be flying in later on this afternoon. We joined a bday club at a local restaurant where you get a free meal on your bday; I think we will be exercising that benefit tonight. They have really great seafood and steaks.

I hope that I can start feeling better soon, that I can get back into my exercise routine. Next week!!!