3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Something St Patrick's Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/292792-40-something-st-patricks-challenge.html)

Zumbachica 02-26-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatAbbi (Post 4951552)
Debating taking up running. I hold back because every time I add exercise weightloss stops.

Im going to give you my two cents, only because we talked about this when i took my fitness certification test. You will not lose weight for a while when taking on a new exercise routine..this is true. However if you continue to do it you will start to see a loss at around two week mark. its a long time to wait, but it will happen and you will be pleased. Please don't NOT exercise for fear of weight gain, it isn't really a gain but your muscles holding on to glycogen which makes us retain water.:carrot:

MarleneV 02-26-2014 10:55 PM

126 this am. Not too bad.

B - cream of wheat, 1% milk, cheese stick
S - Magic pop
L - salad w. Egg, Feta & guacamole
S - Orange & cheese stick
D - tilapia, stewed tomatoes, salad w black olives, mixed berries
S - mini Texas Sheet Cake cupcake (had to test before I drop off at church tomorrow), no sugar added ice cream.

should be about 1250 calories total. No exercise, too much work and it's cold & wet outside.

FatAbbi 02-27-2014 12:20 AM

Been moving 30 minutes a day but thinking of a half marathon in November.

Zumbachica 02-27-2014 06:30 AM

Lost two lbs from my binge the day before.....I have a long ways to go.

Zumbachica 02-27-2014 02:19 PM

put in my half hour workout from the 21 day fix....it was a killer cardio workout but i did my best.....made zumba look like a day in the park......im feeling a little run down but i'm sure that is because i haven't had enough carbs yet today, so i'm going to make myself a salad now with tuna fish.

Zumbachica 02-27-2014 06:14 PM

okay, here's my Atkins day:

Breakfast: eggs and bacon
Lunch: Atkins bar
Mixed greens with olive oil, balsamic and some feta cheese
Filet Mignon with blue cheese

its dinner time and I"m really not hungry....if i get ravenous I may have a shake.

Cattails 02-28-2014 01:46 AM

Aw, BettyBooty, sorry to hear of the trouble with your son. Good for you for keeping control!

Marlene, your mini Texas Sheet Cake cupcakes sound awesome. :)

Nice job, Abbi - keeping moving is so good in so many ways. A half marathon would be so fun!

Zumba, sounds like you had a good day. :)

Cattails 02-28-2014 01:50 AM

I smacked my knee against the door frame last night; wow, that hurt! Guess I'll have to take a day or two off from exercise. :(

B: banana, kefir
L: salad with beans
D: 2 beef soft tacos
S: coffee with creamer, lightly buttered popcorn, 1 oz. dark chocolate

Chubby mum 02-28-2014 05:46 AM

Abbi, I am a huge fan of running. I think it tones you and also makes you respect and appreciate your body more. I do accept that food intake is more important than exercise for weight loss - although you never see fat marathon runners. I can't remember if you're being restrictive with calories or not. Maybe you don't lose initially because the exercise normalises your appetite? That should be offset by an increase in your metabolism.

I'm down a pound - well actually two but I was up a pound last week. I continue to have no idea about my calorie intake but I'm only ever chubby after babies - i do "trust" myself to get it right. I hope that's still the case when I'm back to my normal weight. TOM is here and it's my "rest" day and I am absolutely shattered. Enjoying listening to the rain and not listening to noisy children (they're asleep).

Sum38 02-28-2014 07:13 AM

It's pretty quiet with the 40-somethings group. So sad to see that many chicks have stopped posting with us :( -- If you lurk, please know that you are missed ;)

I have been sick for the past few days; an ear infection and fever. My fever broke last night and my ear stopped hurting too.

Scale is up by a few pounds. I really don't have appetite, but I have been drinking a lot of crap, like Dr. Pepper last night and loads of Boathouse smoothies. Loads of empty calories.

I was going to see a dr today, but if I feel better, I may skip. I don't want antibiotics, usually these things clear up on their own.

I got a flu shot and I promptly got sick, a connection?? I am anti flu shots, but because I will be volunteering at the hospital, they made me :(

My house looks like a tornado went through it. I have been sick/tired all week; kids actually did empty the dishwasher and reloaded, but only because they were running out of drinking glasses :D -- Si if I feel better today, I need to pick up a bit.

Today is my bestie's bday (my DH). :love: He will be flying in later on this afternoon. We joined a bday club at a local restaurant where you get a free meal on your bday; I think we will be exercising that benefit tonight. They have really great seafood and steaks.

I hope that I can start feeling better soon, that I can get back into my exercise routine. Next week!!!

Zumbachica 02-28-2014 03:47 PM

SUM i hope you feel better.

CATTAiLS, I hurt my knee last week when I fell on ice...TWICE....not fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Well I am not looking at 150 on my scale anymore thank goodness, thanks to two days of low carb eating. I hope to continue.

Going to meet friends tonight .......tryng to figure out what i can drink that is low in carbs....

love2b150 02-28-2014 04:17 PM

Sum Good job on the 2lbs loss while out of town :) Wow 117lbs. I'm 5'3 also. I don't ever remember being that small. :) I remember being 128lbs when I got pregnant with my oldest in 1992. Sum love your reply to Zumba :) and we know failure is not in your vocabulary, you've got this and you know it :) Sorry you weren't feeling well and glad to hear you felt better today, Happy Birthday to your Husband :) enjoy dinner :)

Zumba love what you said to Sum about being smaller :) Sorry to hear about your fall :hug: I'm still reading so I hope you are ok :hug: Zumba good job on the pound down and the bloat gone :high: How do you like the shakes? Are they worth the cost? What are the benefits? I know I can read the reviews and I have two friends that sell them but I like to hear from real people not people trying to sell me something ;) thanks :)

Such a wonderful group of caring people here :hug:

Marlene :congrat: on your new low :) I love the sound of your trip :) I plan to take the kids to a cousins house when the weather breaks to ride, they've asked me about it since we went for Christmas :) No animal cookies? it's been awhile maybe I missed you giving them up. I was looking for the ones in the red bag at dollar tree that were fat free but they don't sell them anymore and the others I can stop eating so none for me :)

Cattails again with the kind words to Sum :) this group rocks :) The picture of you in your avatar ... do you weigh 116? I am really curious to see what one hundred something teen would look like on us. My daughter is 5'5 and weights 120. She's really small and shapely but I don't know that I would look good at her/your weight (if I ever get there :D) Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope she is all better soon :hug: LOL on the seat bones :) Hope your knee is ok :hug:

Guac glad your leg is getting better, sorry about the eating part. :hug: I had the same problem and decided that I have to totally eliminate some things where food is concerned because I allow them to control me and that's not good.

Hi Michelle, Heidi, and everyone else :wave:

I have had an experimental month. I only loss 2.2lbs but it's better than a gain. I was hoping to be at 165 by today. :) I did get back to my low this go around of 166.2 <--- the second time I've seen this number this week :) so I'm happy

Have a great weekend and I hope

love2b150 02-28-2014 04:23 PM

Zumba nice weigh in and tonic and lime ;) Enjoy :)

soon2beskinnyCarma 02-28-2014 04:51 PM

Sheesh I stay off the 40somethings for 2 weeks and you start a challenge. Jumping in late but I will shoot for 205 by St Patricks.

Marlene: what animal crackers brand do you buy? I bought some at a dmv vending machine and it was 220 calories for 16 crackers. They were yummy though.

Rennie: congrats on the 166.2.

Bettybooty: love the name. My daughter was a biter because of speech issues. It is frustrating when you have kids acting out. Hang in there.

Abbi: your thighs will thank you for running. The c25k program is good because it starts off with small amounts of running.

Chubby mum: It's nice when it's a peaceful house from them sleeping isn't?

I will catch up with the rest of the personnels when I get back from the store. Dd has been home with stomach flu and now the husband is home so I can go out.

love2b150 02-28-2014 04:55 PM

Carma good to see you, hope your son feels better soon :hug:

Sum38 02-28-2014 05:43 PM

Last day of lazing about and eating what ever I want. Dinner will be prime rib and bakes loaded potatoes and a yummy salad and side veggies cooked in butter :)

MarleneV 02-28-2014 08:52 PM

Hi all,

Haven't seen that low again.. 126.5 this am, likely because we ate dinner at Taco Cabana last night. Yesterday calories was about 1375.

The animal crackers are Stauffer's, they are fat-free and do come in a red bag. Here we can get 11oz bags at our local grocery store chain (HEB), and at Wal-mart in a 2 lb bag for $2.48. 8 of them (half a serving) is 60 calories, so 16 would be 120 calories. Rennie, I think I just didn't have any that day.

Today food:
B - balance protein bar, coffee with cream
L - salad with chicken, few tortilla chips, orange
S- orange, slice of cheese, 1 cup popcorn
D- salad, steak, guacamole, salsa, black olives, animal crackers, blackberries
S- I will have no sugar added ice cream if I'm hungry later.
That will put me at 1300 calories for the day.

love2b150 02-28-2014 09:33 PM

Sum your dinner sounds yummy :drool:

Thanks for the brand name Marlene, I couldn't remember for the life of me. I do believe I've seen them at Walmart but always new I could get them at Dollar Tree for less but not anymore. :(

busymamabreda 03-01-2014 03:29 AM

Hey I'm new here and IM REALLY IRISH. Lol can i say though that we NEVER say top o the mornin to ya. That's only in darby o gill leprechaun land. Ok so what's this paddys day challenge then and can i play???����

Magicsusan 03-01-2014 06:40 AM

Goodness! Yes, it is kind of quiet... I keep wondering where Nebraskamom went...

Sorry to hear about your ear infection, Sum. That's a real energy sapper and I hope you get better soon! Hope your DH's BD was fab!

Busymamabreda, welcome- I lived in Ireland for a year (I'm american by birth) and had a big lol at how different it all was from the stereotypes. Anyway, there is no specific challenge, people set their own challenges, and then use the thread for support/accountability. For example, My own mini challenge at the mo is to be <100k by the end of March when I go on holiday, and to keep doing my weights/c25k consistently.

Abbi, I'm with chubbymum on the running: I'm so glad I started. It's tiring right afterward, but on the other hand it's given me way more energy on the whole. I think food and exercise might be equally important, though... anyway, about the weight gain/lack of loss, I read that when you first take up running, the muscles hog water for a while to help feed the new muscles... Could be...

Cattails, those evil doorjambs will lurk lurk lurk and then pounce! I hope your knee is already better in time to enjoy your weekend!

Zumba, hope you had a good time!

Rennie, Carma, Marlene, hello to you all- have a great weekend.

I'm taking a weekend off from running but will be out walking in the forest. Hope my new avatar didn't confuse anyone; I wanted to change it for my 1 year 3fcversary, but had to wait till the weather cooperated to get up to the forest and snap a pic of my new running shoes, lol.

Cattails 03-01-2014 07:18 AM

Sum, ouch on the ear infection; glad to hear it's on the mend.

Hi Rennie! 2.2 lbs. loss is fantastic, nice going! You're going to see your next mini goal any moment now. I am holding at 116; I've got a small frame so it's really where I'm supposed to be, I think. I'll try to get a better picture (I am NOT photogenic at all!) soon, just for you. :)

Carma, here's hoping you stay healthy!

Darn it, Marlene, I'm going to have to look for those animal crackers - you've got me wanting them now!

Welcome, busymamabreda, and thank you for lending some authenticity to our St. Patrick's challenge! My own personal challenge here is to simply stay under 120; make yours whatever you choose.

Susan, I love your new avatar! Noticed it right away. :) Beautiful forest you've got there.

Zumba, ouch to falling on ice - and twice! - that's far worse than the evil lurking doorjamb. :) Sounds like low-carbing it is working well for you, yay!

My knee feels much better, thank goodness. I think tomorrow I'll get back to doing some workouts again. It's pouring down rain this weekend here, a good thing in our land of severe drought, though at this rate we may float away soon. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend and welcome to March!

Sum38 03-01-2014 08:08 AM

busymamabreda Welocme!! As Cattails said, make your own challenge; mine is to get to 135, which I highly doubt since this morning's weigh in was 141, but that was after a huge prime rib dinner ;)

Sum38 03-01-2014 08:45 AM

Last night we had a very nice dinner at a local restaurant. Scale is up by 0.8 pounds; I was expecting a much higher jump. -- I do not like this trend though, I am 3 pounds higher than I was after my vacation. So back to low carbing.

I am hoping to be healthy enough to start going to the gym starting Sunday.

Ear is still bugging me and now it is back to being clogged, ugh.

I think I will have a very low calorie day today. Loads of fruits and veggies. I want to see that 13x.x again and very soon!

love2b150 03-01-2014 09:25 AM

busymamabreda, :wel3fc: and to the thread :) My goals are to get down to 162 by 3/15; down to 158 by 4/1; 156 by 4/14 my birthday :celebrate:

Susan Happy 3FCvercary :) cute avatar, creative and appropriate :)

Thank you Cattails :hug: I think you look great in your avatar. :) I'm not photogenic either. My daughter took some picture of me and had she not edited them I would have looked terrible (my opinion) not hers. I am really starting to see my age in face and it is bothering me. I'd like to change my avatar. Those animal crackers are good and don't make you crave :) and my kids don't like them. They say they aren't sweet :D Glad your knee feels better :hug: I heard about the rain you all were going to get out there, stay safe :hug:

Sum sorry about the up, but the good thing is that you don't/never allow it to derail you and you get back on the horse :hug: as I always say and you know that you do ... "You've GOT THIS". Hope you ear gets better soon :hug:

I got up 165.6 ... I am .6 away from my low on 9/24/2010 ... I can't tell you how excited I am. I have not seen a number on a scale that I have stepped on lower than 165.0 so this is like a shout inside my body. I wanted to kiss the scale ... hope I don't mess it up

Have a great day everyone and to those that don't feel well or have bumps and bruises praying for your full recovery :hug:

Sum38 03-01-2014 02:35 PM

That is awesome Rennie!! Almost closer to your 150's than 170's!

I think I am doing a fast day; not by choice. -- It is 2:30 and I haven't had any time to eat yet. -- We bought my husband a new car and we closed on it this morning, bank stuff was quick but secretary of state took forever; then we had to drive all the way to the airport to return his rental car. By the time got home, it was way past 2 pm, too late to have lunch, so I will fast till dinner. I am not hungry anyways, I think my prime rib is just sitting in my tummy :D

I think I will make some salmon for dinner with lots of veggies and a big salad. The rest of the family will enjoy some rice as well.

Zumbachica 03-01-2014 02:38 PM

LOVE2b Its so nice to see you excited about your low number...way to go! I never saw low fat animal crackers, I am sure the carb count is through the roof. we have dollar Tree store here also, I love that store...

SUM You know exactly what to do!! Back to the low carbing and the gym. Hope that ear goes back to normal soon. Do you think the altitude in colorado had something to do with that?

CATTAILS Happy march girlfriend!

MAGICSUSAN Walking in the forest and being close to nature is really cool . I did that when I went camping in October. It was an amazing workout because i had to walk up and down hilly paths and also avoid roots and rocks soI wouldn't fall.

BUSYMAMABREDA wELCOME.so nice to have you here. I have a lot of Irish friends and totally love their culture...and yes, I never heard a real irish morning say Top of the morning....but they do have other funny great to say, unfortunately they say a lot of them in gaelic which I don't understand....Welcome to our challenge.

Marlene Im going to look for those crackers next tine I"m at walmart

CARMA Nice to see you again!!! We noticed you were gone a while, nice to see you back...hope your daughter feels better soon.

Zumbachica 03-01-2014 02:53 PM

Happy March everyone...We have 17 days left to this challenge!!!! There is so much we can accomplish in 17 days!!!!

I had a great date last night but went out for japanese food, which wasn't a goo idea because the low carb options are slim.....but managed to have sashimi without any rice, and teriyaki chicken, salad and miso soup. Luckily I did not have a gain this morning....met friends after that and had two vodka tonics....not sure what would have been a better carb choice. All in all I feel like I had fun...but i'm ready to continue on being serious. Low carb all the way for me, two new atkins books came in the mail today so I'm psyched!!

Taught a zumba gold class today.....some of the students were in wheelchairs...this really warms my heart. Here are these people with limited abilities going through so much to get to the studio and workout the best that they can...Wow....makes me feel guilty for being so lazy.

I had two days so far of the 21 day fix..they aren't easy DVDs but they seem way easier than P90x. Not sure how familiar you ladies are with beach body workouts but they are a good way to work out without leaving the house. ...Since a lot of us have been snowed in this winter and theres more snow on the way this is a good way for us to feel like we have the gym experience without leaving the gym. I'll be doing my third day of the fix today, which is Lower Fix.

We are expecting more snow tomorrow night and its supposed to be a doozie...so I went food shopping today to stock the house up with good low carb choices.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today and an amazing weekend. I'm feeling much better about things....I remind myself that all I can do is try my best to be and feel healthy again. Im a fitness instructor that can't do push ups anymore....something about that isn't right.

Apple Blossom 03-01-2014 04:00 PM

Still here.:dizzy: I've been rowing and running fairly consistently (although maybe 1 more run a week would be helpful) The problem is that I am still eating crap. I need to have "something snap" like Sum mentioned a few days back. I'm pretty convinced that once I get 5 or so pounds off it will inspire me to keep going. Had an oh-crap moment the other day, I was taking my son to batting practice and we have to walk through a gym to get to the cages. There was a mirrored wall by the door and I did not recognize myself in it. Who is that old fat person? Oh crap. It's me. :(Its similar to what you guys were discussing about still feeling fat after losing some weight. I don't feel as fat as I look, so when I see a picture of myself, or an unexpected reflection, it hits home. Grrr. I don't know how to get myself to stick to an eating plan. i wish I could afford one of those fancy weight loss spas, sign me up for a month or so.
Well, I hope everyone is having a great week-end!

Zumbachica 03-01-2014 07:41 PM

HI apple blossom, I have had moments like that also...absolutely awful to realize we do not look like we think we do....for me it was walking past a store and seeing my reflection in the window......i looked frumpy and worn out..and big....maybe we need to feel that yucky moment for incentive...

love2b150 03-01-2014 08:30 PM

Thanks Sum :) Congratulations on the new car, so exciting :) I made salmon cakes for dinner. (canned salmon, bread crumbs, egg, mayo, green pepper, onion and old bay) and I broil them. Really good. :drool:

Thanks Zumba :) it's funny when you go to Dollar Tree you intend to buy a few things and come out with a cart full (or maybe that's just me) :D, I don't remember the carb count but when I get them I'll let you know. I use to eat then as a quick snack. They remind me of an air cookie if that makes sense. It's sorta like a hollow little cookie and the fact that I have 16 makes me feel like I have a lot ;) like a kid, huh :) Glad to hear you had a good time and no game ... way to go :high:

Apple Blossom, nice to meet you :) I've had moments here lately where my husband has even looked at me and said WOW, and my daughter mentioned something about being able to see my shape ... their comments make me smile but I don't see what they see. I still see that chunky woman with the rolls no matter what I do. I don't know it will take for me to like what I see, maybe the next decade will be different. Sum and Cattails I have a feeling that I will be like you (if I ever get there) and think that the 130's is not low enough, :shrug: Zumba it is definitely an incentive to keep going :)

Well it's the first of the month and I went to the gym. I went on February 1st also and didn't go back until the 26th (that's why I only loss 2.2lbs) Hoping I can do better with my goals this month :)

love2b150 03-01-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4954323)
That is awesome Rennie!! Almost closer to your 150's than 170's!

Thanks Sum, I never thought about it that way :)

MarleneV 03-01-2014 09:51 PM

Carb count for 8 of the animal crackers is 12.5. They are not sweet, Rennie's kids are right there. And they don't cause cravings for me, in fact, I think they help prevent them some.

B- breakfast taco, coffee w/cream
L- salad, chicken, animal crackers, orange, few grapes
S- cheese stick. 1 cup popcorn
D- salad, chicken, guacamole, black olives, feta, blackberries, animal crackers
S- no sugar added ice cream
Went for a walk

Total calories in -aprox 1250

love2b150 03-01-2014 09:59 PM

Marlene, they don't make me crave either ... they satisfy any sweet craving with ease and I don't feel guilty :) Marlene what's in your breakfast taco? Thanks

MarleneV 03-02-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2b150 (Post 4954556)
Marlene what's in your breakfast taco? Thanks

1 scrambled egg, 1 slice of bacon, a sprinkle of cheese, salsa, and a flour tortilla. Standard fare for here in Texas. It is about 250 calories, but one is enough and I don't have it every day. Just when I can get away from the house early enough and yet afford to be a little late for Saturday work, because I meet up with some people from a car club I belong to. The danger is that I hate to leave to go to the office!

Magicsusan 03-02-2014 12:56 AM

Lol, you're right about that, Zumba; I started by running a figure eight inside my house and made it to week two of c25k. Then started over with week 1 out of doors- week 1 outside was much harder than week 2 inside!

Sounds like you're on top of things and ahead of the storm :D I'm a bit of a wimp and would rather go running and play with my dumbbells than do one of those grueling workouts, at least for the moment... Have a great Sunday!

Magicsusan 03-02-2014 01:12 AM

Appleblossom, hang in there; I had a lot of those horror-reflection moments. It took several months till I could catch my reflection and not be embarrassed by my size. As far as the eating crap is concerned, I had to fill my house with healthy snacks that I love that are also convenient- if it's still easier to grab a snickers than an orange, it's hard... Good luck!

Rennie, don't know what the weather is like where you are, but I always have an easier time commiting to regular exercise in the Spring- I love to be outside if it's warm enough, and long walks also keep me away from the fridge and I find it much easier to maintain a healthy attitude. :hug:

Weather should be a little better today, soI will walk up the biiiig hill behind my house and see if I can see the alps.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!

love2b150 03-02-2014 09:16 AM

Marlene sounds very good. I do have some low carb tortillas. I'll have to add it up and maybe that will be lunch today ;)

Stomach? after eating it :) ---> The danger is that I hate to leave to go to the office!

Susan I so wish I could find some place to walk outside here. I tried walking twice around here but the I don't know what you call them people around here and their lose dogs drive me nuts so I just wait until I can make it to the gym. I use to walk a track daily when we lived in Virginia. I haven't found one here close enough to walk on that I trust ;) I'm an overly cautious person or just plain paranoid, either way I dream of going back to Virginia :) It's cold here now. And walking does keep me away from temptation also ;)

I have hit my low ... I weighed in at 165 :woohoo: When I did this in 2010 I went back up the next day and the next day and the next day but I am on a mission this time to see the 150's and make my user name a reality this year :crossed: A nice 3lb whoosh would be great ;)

soon2beskinnyCarma 03-02-2014 09:43 AM

So my TOM started on valentines day I did a hop up on the scale then despite being good or bad I fluctuated between 208-210. Then exactly 15 days later scale whoosh to 206.8 then today 205.8 so frustrating. Now I am going to work as hard as I can to get as much off for the next 2 weeks. At least tracking everyday helped me figure out this pattern.
I have started the process of getting on a 16 week program with a personnel trainor who will oversee my exercise and diet for that time. It will be 425 dollars but hopefully it will get me into the weightlifting/exercise routine. I think at this point in the game I need some guidance.
My daughter is all better and other than having stomach pains I avoided it.

Apple blossom: hang in there. For years I waited for that aha moment it finally came. You exercising is really important. Start slowly by adding in more servings of whole grains and fruits and vegetables.

Zumba: I get what you mean about Zumba gold. It is inspirational seeing people who struggle getting out there no matter what. It reminds you of what dedication really means.

Marlene: thanks for the tip on the animal crackers. I will have to pick some up. Your breakfast taco made me think about el monterey's breakfast burrito's. Now I wonder if there is a online recipe for them. That way I could use lower calorie wraps and individualize the kids tastes too.

Susan: enjoy the alps.

Rennie: sending you gym willpower.

Sum: what kind of car did you get?

Hi to everyone else. Happy Sunday!

Sum38 03-02-2014 09:50 AM

Zumba, my ear has been a bugger. I have chronic eczema in my ears, sometimes it gets better but when it flares up bad I usually get an ear infection. I am making an appointment with an ENT and hopefully I can get these ears cured for good.
I am glad that you have gotten your groove back. That 140 will get here soon!!!

Rennie :woohoo: on your 165. 150's; here we come! What's your goal? 136 like you have it at MFP?

Susan I can only imagine your view. We get excited over garbage dumps :) Michigan is soooo flat. We do have pretty lakes though. And up north is really pretty.

Marlene Another spot on day for you. You are so disciplined. Your bfast taco sounds yummy.

Apple Sending you positive thoughts. I hope you'll find your mojo!! 5 pounds would help you, I am sure. -- I had one of those moments at the hair dressers, I could not believe how big my mid section was when I was sitting in that chair. -- I had known that I was big, but that big!!! I was really ashamed.

Cat I hope your knee feels better!

Carma I have seen your posted steps at the exercise thread, that is impressive! I have been lax what comes to my fitbit. I hope my ear will feel better that i can get back to my walking. The woods are icy though, spring can not get here fast enough.

Okay that is as far as I can see. If I missed anyone :wave: to you!!

Sum38 03-02-2014 10:13 AM

My ear is making me tired. I will definitely make an appointment with a doctor. I need to get these ears healed. I have nasty eczema in both ears that have been present for years. They get infected every so often. My dermatologist gave me something that "healed" them as long as I used the drops, but I would hate to use steroid drops every day. I hope that an ENT will have a solution for me.

I did not wake up on time for my aerobic class, nor do I think I could have done all the bouncing anyways. My balance is off too.

Today we are teaching how our DD how to file her taxes. A very valuable lesson. She worked all year at minimum wage, she will be getting a few dollars back which she is excited over.

We got more snow, ugh. Tired of that white stuff. I remember one week in March that we had 70 degree weather, dreaming of that week. I wish I was going somewhere warm. -- Colorado was nice; it was sunny almost everyday :)

I will probably try to get back to my exercises this week. Monday will be out because I will be at the FCA all day, but on Tuesday I will be lifting, swimming and walking once again! -- I'm sure my condition has deteriorated; both strength and aerobic. I have not done anything in three weeks....ugh. Hate to start from scratch :( :(

I think I will walk the pups today, get some movement under my belt. She is bored to tears because she did only got walked once this week. I feel bad for her. Luckily she is old (9) that she is not as hyper as she once was.

Husband is happy with his new car :) It was a very nice birthday gift for him. We bought him a VW Jetta, diesel. Surprising it has a lot of pep in it. And it gets awesome gas mileage. He drives 400-500 miles per week to Cleveland. That 40-50 mpg will be a nice perk. -- I feel bad for my FIL. He was a head designer for an American car company; and 3/4 of his kids are driving foreign cars. I absolutely love my Mini, the design and how it handles. The Jetta looks nice outside but kinda basic inside, American counterparts look better inside. But how it handles and drives, we liked it better than the American cars. -- In Michigan it is frown upon to have foreign made cars. Well we still have a Ford and a Caddie as well :)

Back to challenge business. I ate well yesterday. Low carb/slow carb. My weight came down 0.6 pounds. I am hoping to drop a pound today. I want to get back to my 130's. -- I think my ear infection is making me feel bloated....is that possible??

Okee, time to start my day. Have a beautiful Sunday my friends :grouphug: