Old 02-06-2014, 02:46 AM   #76  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Zumba, I'm sorry about your struggle. The good thing here is that you recognize the problem for what it is before it's gotten too bad. Everything Mrs. Snark said is right on (Michelle, you wise woman, you). You know that you need to get your head in a better place, but that takes time; for this vacation, relax, do what is going to make you comfortable, and ENJOY your time. I do think it'd be a good idea to bring along a bathing suit (shhh, don't tell anyone!) just in case you feel like using the pool , but don't put any pressure on yourself - do what you want to do, not what you think others expect of you. On a personal note, I've taken to wearing a swimming tank top with mid-length board shorts in the past few years for my own comfort.

Great NSV, Sum! Change is afoot!

Shay, I'm sorry for your difficulties as well. But how great that you are feeling well again! I've no doubt that if you stick to clean eating and moving your bod, you'll see results; they say to not go below 1200 calories on a regular basis so maybe a tiny bit more would be good.

Urgh, Marlene, it is so annoying when others don't get how important certain items are! For me, it's my chocolate stash - everybody here, including DH, respects that is mine and mine alone. Your DH probably thinks "Eh, it's just animal crackers, what's the big deal?" It IS a big deal! Hope you can get that across without waging real war. Kudos for staying OP!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:04 AM   #77  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Staying pretty steady here, 116-117, but my jeans are getting seriously baggy - kinda bums me out, because they aren't at all worn and I don't have much of a clothing budget! Gotta try to hit some thrift stores when I can...

I've been doing strength workouts with cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, pylo hops) in between each set, and the cardio is getting easier! Last one I did, I extended the intervals from 2 1/2 minutes to 3 minutes each and it was totally doable - wow. The way my body is feeling from these workouts is really nice.

B: kefir with banana and flaxseed
L: 1 1/2 cup of southwestern style chicken stew
D: baby carrots, chicken and mushroom marsala over fettucini
S: lightly buttered popcorn, coffee with creamer, 1 oz dark chocolate
E: 10 minute walk, 30 minute strength circuit, 15 minute yoga/stretching
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #78  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sorry you are struggling Shay! The good news is that the struggle is not leading you to the old behaviors of throwing in the towel. Stick with what you are doing... And yes - good idea to get a new scale!

Glad things are going so well catTails! Your exercise is really paying dividends!

soon2bSkinny great news on the wish!

Great advice, chubbyMummy!

Yesterday:

B cappuccino
S hummus on 2 wasa crackers
L curried chicken and quinoa salad, organic beef jerky, 2 plums
D roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, sunchoke & garlic soup

Weight: 158.5
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #79  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

New low for me My mystery bloat is finally gone. I increased my walking speed to 4.7 mph a few days back and I feel it on my hamstrings.
I still don't feel like going into the woods and wading thought that snow, I will walk the pup around the neighborhood for 1/2 hour or so. She won't be pleased because she gets to go off leash in the woods

Meals

B -Orange, egg and green tea
L- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, flackers
D - Big salad w/ chicken, feta and veggies
S - Apple, almonds and plain green yogurt
Total cals 1770

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill 60 min, swim 45 min, step aerobics 60 min

Weight
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #80  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Wow SUM, almost 3 hours of cardio in a single day.

I fear you.

Congrats on the new low!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #81  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattails View Post
Staying pretty steady here, 116-117, but my jeans are getting seriously baggy - kinda bums me out, because they aren't at all worn and I don't have much of a clothing budget! Gotta try to hit some thrift stores when I can...

I've been doing strength workouts with cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, pylo hops) in between each set, and the cardio is getting easier! Last one I did, I extended the intervals from 2 1/2 minutes to 3 minutes each and it was totally doable - wow. The way my body is feeling from these workouts is really nice.

B: kefir with banana and flaxseed
L: 1 1/2 cup of southwestern style chicken stew
D: baby carrots, chicken and mushroom marsala over fettucini
S: lightly buttered popcorn, coffee with creamer, 1 oz dark chocolate
E: 10 minute walk, 30 minute strength circuit, 15 minute yoga/stretching
Cattails Your stats are similar to mine, as was your initial loss. That is to say, you started at about my high weight, you are AT my goal weight and you are close to my height. Thank you again for giving me hope and encouragement that maintenance is possible. Now I know what my posts/activity/diet should look like for a successful maintenance experience. I want to be you when I grow up.

Way to go SUM! I saw that you are about to leave the 140's thread. IS there a 130's thread? lol You go girl!

------------

This morning my weight is down .6 from 153.8 to 153.2. Slowing down but still moving in the right direction. I forgot to test my blood sugar and ketones and I have already had my coffee, so I guess I'll have to test my blood tomorrow morning instead.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #82  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Thanks for the encouraging words. My mood is still iffy but I got up, planned my meals & exercised.

Planned Calories for Today

1201 - I may add something else because of exercise, haven't decided yet.

Exercise

10.11 miles exercise bike/52 minutes/246 calories (not too sure how accurate the calories are, the bike is a basic model with no frills)

Weight

justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #83  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

LOL, Michelle! I think I am over doing it a bit I tend to get a tad bit ODC on things. -- I am tired today, skipped all cardio. Hopped on that treadmill and I just did not have it in me. I dragged myself through the weights. Days like these I miss my caffeine.

justsayno So sorry about your troubles!!! I hope you will be feeling better soon!

shr1nk1ngme I am totally geeked about leaving the 140's behind! Yes, Chardonnay started get me out of the 130's thread... I have been lurking/visiting/dreaming it a bit -- You are doing awesome... you are still looking at 9-10 pound loss per months; that is fantastic!

Cattails You must be toning up, yay! Nice NSV about your pants; even if it means getting some new ones

Marlene We have pudding issues -- I buy pudding to curb my sweet tooth, but usually I don't end up eating any. My DD and DH polishes them off before I get to them.

Carma Nice whoosh! And once TOM gets here you will get even nicer whoosh!

Heidi A very nice food day!

Chubby mum I hope all is well with you! How is the running going?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #84  
Heidi

Sum, wow, look at you!! You have really gotten off to a great 2014!!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

All good with me, no time to write though! Down two more so slowly getting there. No run today, Friday is always my rest day.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

No time for personals today. Day 11 on target. Scale 208.2 was my work scale so we will see what mine says in am.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #87  
Heidi

B: cappuccino, pear
L: hummus scooped up with red pepper, last of the curried chicken & quinoa salad
S: miso soup, banana, plum, small handful of raw nuts
D: 2 poached eggs, slice of raisin toast, home fries, lemony brown rice with brussel sprouts salad, small bowl of cookie dough ice cream

I switched CSAs this winter and I can't believe the potatoes I've been getting. They have really *tasted* good. Normally potatoes don't have much taste to me; they are luscious, but low taste. These potatoes have been incredible!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #88  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsayno View Post
My mood is still iffy but I got up, planned my meals & exercised.
That is saying a lot! Sometimes it takes Herculean strength just to get out of bed and make it past the first cup of coffee.

We can do this! Stick to your plan. Stick to your plan. Stick to your plan.

Eventually it has to work. Even if it's sloooowwwwlllyyyy. They say that's the best way to lose weight anyway, right? It's so hard to wait, though.

I weighed in this A.M. at 152.4, down .8 from yesterday. Can you say whoosh!

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 02-07-2014 at 04:47 PM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #89  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

whoooooosh!!!!

Congrats Shrinki!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all,

127.0 this am, a little up, really would rather be at 125.5. I had some tortilla chips with dinner last night, so I'm going to blame those. Plus its just been down right cold here the past few days, so have not gotten out much at all. I am going to do 30DS after I post this. The bulb for our TV blew on Sat evening, and its a PIA to get my laptop set up to do this. New one is now installed!

yesterday's calories ended up at around 1275 or so, so that was in the right zone, but again, the chips. Or maybe because I don't think I'm drinking as much water because it is so cold.

Today:
B - Cream of wheat with 1/4C 1% milk, cheese stick
L - salad with chicken, salsa, feta; orange, last of animal crackers
S - MRC Chocolate pudding
D - Mexican restaurant - Beef fajita meat, with lettuce, guacamole, cheese, tomatoes, salsa. 1.5 flour tortilla, NO chips!
I'll add some mixed berries after I do 30DS, so will be at a total of 1275 or so for the day.

And my DH DID stop and pick up more animal crackers today while he was out. I'm glad I had that baggie of them in my purse, as I had left my secret stash at the office and ended up working from home, so I was going to be out completely for the weekend unless he picked some up.

Last edited by MarleneV; 02-07-2014 at 10:48 PM.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote