Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SUM: there is a gourmet supermarket near me with great baskets filled with speciality stuff...like really good olive oil , balsamic vinegars, special imported pastas, etc. you could probably make up a basket like that yourself for 50 dollars ....I have a keurig but would still welcome a gift from starbucks, especially the really nice mugs they sell and the instant refreshers packets.....I think food is a great idea.....

Who is talking about grey hair? I unfortunately went gray with my second pregnancy, and I loathe having to color my hair. Its money and time at the salon ....I love my highlights, but covering the gray is tedious....but necessary. I envy those that go grey later in life (my sister).

Newleaf: I have a friend that has lost 40 lbs and I really can't tell. Maybe its because I never kept tabs on her body, I look at her beautiful face and eyes! Still, I feel guilty that I can't tell, but I compliment her on her determination and hard work. maybe your friend just didn't notice for whatever reason, or maybe she's just not a good friend....a little jealous maybe ? who knows...but don't look to other people to validate you. Its funny, when I lose weight the only people that notice are my students...I guess they're checking me out as I lunge with my butt towards them..LOL

All y'all have to say is bark..as long as it doesn't come off a tree I'll eat it.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #32  

i continue to stuggle and have a hard time...i'm crumbling under the stress of the move. I keep finding evidence of the past 23 years..today i found our cake top from our wedding....on top of all this packing madness i am having to deal with cable guys, alarm system people, movers, closet designers....Im a nervous wreck....there is no time to plan healthy meals, i just eat when i get a chance...im eating from stress...i'm eating...I'm gaining weight...its horrible.....

A friend of mine suggested juicing....she told me to make a juice out of kale, half a banana, berries, cinnamon and water. Sounds gross.....but it helps her keep the weight off....i can't wait to have some normalcy around here so i can focus on me.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #33  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks it went well, he did great, had some effects from the anesthesia, but seems to be doing well. Ensconced in his recliner, it was so weird seeing him in the hospital situation, have renewed respect for nurses, they are awesome!

Best to all

I guess I better get cracking on the Xmas gifts, I'm always behind...
Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #34  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

So glad to hear it went well Kelijpa! Hope your DH is a better recovering patient than mine is, mine was cranky, bossy, and demanding. He hates being sick or debilitated in any way. Like you, I admire those nurses!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-05-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #35  

Is anyone else having issues with emotions and holiday baking? I didn't buy any baking supplies this year (I don't even have any flour in the house) but so much of my traditions and memories are food related. I have my great grandmother's recipe box that I pull out every year for shortbread etc. I can't have it in the house because I will eat it but I am feeling cheated by not making it.
Could I be happy just baking it and giving it away? Can I resist? There aren't many weekends left for me to decide.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #36  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Leeh I bake my peppermint bark and I give it all away. I have a long list of friends who expect it each year and I can not disappoint them
Old 12-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #37  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

TooWicky are you out there?? I just saw your new avatar when I checked the weigh-in thread to see when my last weigh-in was. You are looking great!!

Leeh for me, those food emotions all came with Thanksgiving. I decided to just make what I always make, and enjoy it as a once-a-year type thing. I know that doesn't work for everyone. But for me, I like the tradition, I enjoyed the food, and I immediately got rid of or froze the leftovers.

Glad to hear things went well, kelijpa. What a relief! There is so much stress leading up to surgery, I'm sure a weight has been lifted.

In fact, I was scheduled for surgery myself today, come to think of it. It would have been a revision surgery for my reconstruction, and I canceled. I just couldn't will myself to get back up on the table again for something that is cosmetic at this point. I've decided to live with what I've got, although the opportunity to make better will always exist in the future.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #38  
Fat to Fab and Fit

That is a good idea as well Zumba. What I ended up doing; I ordered the smaller biscotti, added some Starbuck coffee made just for the Keurig and bought two cups from Starbucks. They look like SB's cups to go. I have one and I absolutely love mine.

Keli Glad to hear that all went well with your DH!

Zumba I am so sorry that you are so stressed out. Moving is not easy!!! Remember this too shall pass.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #39  

Thanks for the suggestions I am thinking that I may have to see if I can make Newleaf123's suggestions work for me. Little bits without guilt rather than omitting it from our family table altogether. Maybe I could make half batches so there aren't so many platters on the go. The cookbook I am following does suggest using pizza dough instead of pie crust (way less fat) for meat pies so I think I am going to try that for my tourtière and sausage rolls.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #40  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

zumba, what you are going through sounds very difficult... I'm sure you are not crumbling, and are finding all sorts of inner strength you didn't know you have... It will be really good for you when you are unpacked in your new house and living a new life I'm sure. Soon enough, so just hang in there.

I'm really excited to pick up my new winter CSA today. It's from an Amish organic farm cooperative and looks really wonderful. They actually send a photo the night before of what you will be receiving the next day. Very different from how my last 2 CSAs have operated. Anyway... today I get to pick up, all organic:

tomato basil soup, puffed spelt, 1 lb black turtle beans, lettuce mix, porcelian garlic, green kale, candy onions, russet potatoes, turnips(mostly red , and a few purple too), and brussel sprouts

Not sure what I'll do with puffed spelt but for the rest, I'm good to go.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
zumba, what you are going through sounds very difficult... I'm sure you are not crumbling, and are finding all sorts of inner strength you didn't know you have... It will be really good for you when you are unpacked in your new house and living a new life I'm sure. Soon enough, so just hang in there.

I'm really excited to pick up my new winter CSA today. It's from an Amish organic farm cooperative and looks really wonderful. They actually send a photo the night before of what you will be receiving the next day. Very different from how my last 2 CSAs have operated. Anyway... today I get to pick up, all organic:

tomato basil soup, puffed spelt, 1 lb black turtle beans, lettuce mix, porcelian garlic, green kale, candy onions, russet potatoes, turnips(mostly red , and a few purple too), and brussel sprouts

Not sure what I'll do with puffed spelt but for the rest, I'm good to go.
We eat puffed spelt as a cereal here. Either cow or an alternate "milk".
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #42  

Hi all..well I did it..i got on the scale..still not at the 150 mark which I was (and over that) all of last winter....but close enough....Today i'll be so busy I don't know if I'll have time to eat.....I also have to figure out how im going to move a 47 inch t.v. down a flight of stairs by myself.....ahhhh..the joys of being single....Need it downstairs because the cable guys are coming....

But first off to zumba...how I wish I could take a leave of absence from all my classes and just do what I need to do..but with Christmas coming I need the money.....and it is the only exercise i'm getting (other than carrying heavy boxes around)

okay enough of me whining......I'm glad that I finally got on the scale today and "m going to be mindful during all this holiday madness....You were all talking about baking...I won't be making my baklava this year..that would be my downfall. I'm going to bake for the kids but nothing major like Christmas from the past.....I wind up eating most of it...and I don't want to do that this year.....

honestly with the move and all I haven't thought much about Christmas...and I haven't even begun to shop for gifts..that is something else i'm keeping on the low this year....was thinking of taking the kids into manhattan instead for a play and nice dinner if I can get a decently priced hotel room.....that would make a nice memory...nicer than having a bunch of junk around the house that takes up space

I just want to thank all you ladies for all your support during this difficult time..the past year or so has been a doozy...I don't really share much about my personal life with others....most people have no clue that i'm divorced and moving....it has been a big help to come on here and share with you all...even if it isn't a subject directly related to weight..it sort of is....because I know I would be taking better care of myself if this wasn't going on in my life.....

so HUGS to you all .....
Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #43  

PS... the site wont' let me update my ticker correctly...so my Christmas gift is on the beach...bahahahahaahahahah
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #44  

Sorry, Zumbachica for seeming insensitive with my baking comments. I just joined and didn't realise all the hard stuff you've been going through. I will hope that things get easier for you over then next bit.

Moving a 47" tv solo sounds like something I would attempt and then be sorry for attempting later. I hope you have long arms to span it.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #45  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Leeh, I am sure Zumba does not mind me saying this...don't worry!! We are here for eachother in "sickness and health". We cover a wide margin of issues; some light hearted and some heart felt. But the most important thing, we are here for each other . I have really learned to love each one of my 40-something ladies.
Closed Thread