3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Christmas Eve Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/290115-christmas-eve-challenge.html)

Sum38 12-04-2013 07:20 AM

My day as well, was an okay day, not great. Today I am planning on fasting dill dinner (24 h fast).

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Hamburger, no bun w/ tomato, lettuce, bleu cheese
D ~ Chili w/cheese, some grilled chicken pieces, tomato salad
S ~ Buffalo chicken dip, cheese

Exercise
3.5 mile walk

Weight

newleaf123 12-04-2013 08:09 AM

Wow, sum, on the fast; I hope it works for you. I love that we all have such different approaches... This is such an individualized process.

B: slice of raisin toast, persimmon, cappuccino

Sum38 12-04-2013 08:14 AM

I am eating too much and fast usually cuts the bad cycle. -- I skip bfast anyways and today I am volunteering at the FCA, therefore I usually don't have time for lunch. I tossed some chicken, veggies and salsa in a crockpot and by the time I get home, I'll be ravished but dinner will be ready. I'll call the kids and get the water boiling for the rice and voila, dinner will be on the table within minutes.

I feel all bloated and yucky from my feast yesterday....

newleaf123 12-04-2013 08:29 AM

Sum, sounds like a good plan! (although not one I could adhere to) I saw your post from the other day, where you said we had both put on weight so quickly. So true... I do hope it comes off easily, also. It's frightening to me, just how quickly the weight can pile back on. I experienced all those same feelings that I did when I was 205 pounds -- which primarily is all sorts of shades of sadness. So... good motivation to turn things around. Now I've played with putting weight back on and I DIDN'T LIKE IT. Need to hold onto this memory...

newleaf123 12-04-2013 04:14 PM

So far...

L: salad of arugula, kale, tomato, mushroom, broccoli, oil & vinegar; squash - fava bean soup; handful of peanut butter filled pretzels
S: banana, 2 sugar free popsicles (15 cal each), handful of peanut butter filled pretzels

There was an article in yesterday's Wall Street Journal about intermittent fasting, the 5-2 diet, etc. I guess it's gone mainstream!

Mrs Snark 12-04-2013 05:26 PM

It would probably help me to post my meals, I was doing that in the daily thread but I got a little obsessed with other people's food. But since we have fewer people on this thread, what the heck, I'll try! Ya'll have inspired me with your accountability!

B: Iced coffee, natural applesauce, oatmeal.
L: 2 Ezekiel toast with guac, red bell pepper and tomato on top; big ruby red grapefruit.
D: Frozen meal (kofta curry/jasmine rice/chana masala); taboule; frozen banana with natural PB.

Sum38 12-04-2013 05:37 PM

24h fast completed. And it was not bad at all. I was so busy at the FCA that I did not have any time to think about food. I kept drinking my green tea all day long and that kept me full. I think I may turn this into a weekly thing; every Wednesday I shall fast. I have done a lot of reading about fasting and it supposingly is very good for one's digestive system and giving it a small break. -- Heidi, interesting about WSJ having an article about it. -- I naturally follow IF and I have apprx. 6h eating window.

newleaf123 12-04-2013 08:31 PM

Ended the day with:

L: salad of arugula, kale, tomato, mushroom, broccoli, oil & vinegar; squash - fava bean soup; handful of peanut butter filled pretzels
S: banana, 2 sugar free popsicles (15 cal each), handful of peanut butter filled pretzels
D: another salad like the one at lunch, and a thin slice of 8-grain hearty bread (110 cal) with homemade spicy bean spread on it.

E: 30 min walk on treadmill. Nothing fancy, but I never got outside today like I wanted.

Zumbachica 12-04-2013 09:21 PM

Hi everyone..i think want to do the intermittent fasting thing, although i really need to read up on it to do it correctly. the last time i tried it , i felt it was working....and i didn't feel hungry....

justsayno 12-04-2013 10:46 PM

Looks like everyone kind of has a plan, I'm still working on that. I really have 2 goals for this month. 1) Ask for exercise equipment for Christmas. (My husband isn't thrilled with giving me that kind of present), but I think he is going for it because I told him I could give him a list of stuff I want from the Clinique counter, which colognes I am running low on & show him pictures of what & how I want my kitchen remodeled. 2) I want to lose 7 pounds by the end of the month, so I guess that would be 4 or 5 pounds by Christmas Eve.

Shay

idahogirl4 12-05-2013 03:20 AM

My goal this month is to lose 5 pounds by Christmas. I am hoping for more like 7.5, but 5 seems reasonable. I am doing Ideal Protein, so I am hopeful it will work. The holidays present so many temptations for me. I am getting better at my impulsiveness in eating, which is a plus.

Mrs Snark 12-05-2013 05:50 AM

Shay -- oooo yes, scare him with into giving exercise equipment with the threat of a kitchen remodel! This made me laugh because I gently used the same tactic at my other house to get all sorts of other projects done.

Sum - Glad your fast went well. I don't purposely do IF, though it sometimes happens naturally that I end up fasting from 6 pm to noon the next day, since I am not always hungry in the morning -- so a 12 hour window is relatively common for me. I've very occasionally done a 6pm to 6pm fast, when I knew I wanted to spend a day's worth of calories in one meal. It felt ok and I didn't go overboard eating that dinner or the next day. Not something I commonly do though, but maybe I should look into the research.

Idahogirl - Welcome! I'm not that familiar with IP -- is it a low-card type pogram?

Heidi - I'm not sure I've ever eaten a persimmon. How is that possible?

Zumbachica - If you decide to try IF again let us know how you feel!

Sum38 12-05-2013 06:45 AM

Meals
B ~ Green tea
L ~ None
D ~ Chicken drumsticks, big salad w/bleu cheese, tomato, cucumber and onion.
S ~ Apple

Exercise
None; felt crummy

Weight

newleaf123 12-05-2013 07:55 AM

:welcome:

Welcome to shay & IdahoGirl!! You must have jumped in while my attention was on Thanksgiving. The more the merrier!

MrsSnark I had never had a persimmon, either. They just looked so pretty at Costco, I figured that I would buy them and figure them out when I got home... Turns out, they are wonderful. Who knew??

Weight down again this AM. 158.8. It's nice to feel in control again...

Sum38 12-05-2013 08:23 AM

Welcome shay & IdahoGirl!