Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #1  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Default 40-Somethings October Chat

Everyone is welcome!

Picking up where September ended, sum I am so happy for you, so proud of you. Great job changing course last night. I totally agree, it's just not worth it. We are going away in Nov, and I remember all the weight I put on when we went away in August. Totally not worth it. I'm trying to train my mind now.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I had a horrible day yesterday: attended a funeral and then came home and binged. It was my first binge since April. It was awful, but I have put my carefully crafted recovery plan into effect and am having a good day today. I blogged all about it, got it out of my system, and am moving forward.

We go to Maine in 9 days (how did that get here so fast?!?!) and I'm really looking forward to all the hiking. It is possible we'll be in Acadia for the peak foliage, I have my fingers crossed!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Heidi How is your fitbit use doing? How many steps do you average per day?

Mrs S I am sorry
Old 10-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

Thanks for the hug, Sum!

I just realized that due to the gov shutdown, Acadia is now closed. Gaaaaahhhhh! All national parks are closed. And isn't Keli in Yosemite right now (or soon)? I hope they sort this out fast!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm so behind, I just figured out it was October. These month changes seem to sneak up on me. I haven't spent much time online this past week. I got sick, then recovered then tried to spend time with Hubby before he left. So nothing exciting happening anyway. I'm working on Fall cleaning and knitting a sweater vest for myself. I did a little yard work on Saturday and made the muscles in my back mad again. I'm one of those people who don't get sore right away so I never know when I've overdone it. I really need to start lifting weights again. I said that the last time I hurt my back, but I really mean it this time, LOL. Yesterday, I got a workout DVD set in the mail that I pre-ordered months ago, so I'm excited to try those. Hopefully that will get me back to exercising.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

NewLeaf - thanks for the new thread. Good to keep learning from our past experiences right?!

Mrs Snark - plan is to be in Yosemite next week, hopefully all will be settled by then, I am extra hopeful as a currently out of work govt employee...I was reading some articles, even if they're closed some parks will be somewhat accessible since public roads go through them, I think Acadia will be like that, the way it is set up. But hopefully they'll come to their senses quickly.

Penguin. - I wish I could get crafting , sounds so great to be knitting yourself a sweater vest!

Sum - I kind of follow a 5:2 fasting regimen, but I do vegan/juice on my 2 non consecutive fast days and try to practice mindful eating the other days always trying to eat more whole than processed foods. Works well when I do it right. I use a lot of principles from WW, the tools for healthy living I only occasional track my points anymore, but know I would do great if I did , just can't make myself do it . It's really just a way to keep track of what you're eating and making and before you eat something to fit it in your points allowance.

I might try the online when I get back just to get these last 15 or so off so I can go back to meetings for free.

Anyway, enough about me, hope you all are doing well!

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all ..Happy October.....It is the last month before my big move and the biggest transition of my life. It isn't a happy thing, but part of starting new is exciting. Anyhow I really wonder how this is going to effect me and my weight. I don't want to start my new life with weight that I don't need. I'm going to really try and make good choices this month and get to my mini goal weight of 140. I am also hoping to get some weight lifting in but I don't see that happening for a while. I have a lot of packing and purging to do and there aren't enough hours in the day...atleast Im getting my cardio in....anyhow it is nice to see everyone here......and I wish us all a successful and healthy month!!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #8  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I had an upset stomach all day yesterday. I barely ate anything all day, so it brought on a new low for me. Hopefully the number sticks

Usually when I get down to 152 I get fearful because I have tendency to get stuck at this number, but today I am celebrating it. 152's mark 20 pound loss for me!
Old 10-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #9  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hello to ALL

Thanks for the new thread

Mrs Snark, sorry for your loss

Penguin, I hope your back is getting better. Are you taking anything for it? I had to go to urgent care yesterday because my back spasms were so bad. They gave me a shot and then two scripts. I'm not sure what happened. I did notice on Sunday that my back was a little sore at times but not too bad and yesterday it had me in tears. The doctor gave me a list of things I could do but told me not to do anything for the next few days. Today is better, though I still can't lift anything, bend over (I should probably squat) or walk much without pain. I'm due back to work Friday but if I don't feel better tomorrow I won't be going.

hi keli

Zumba

Sum I hope your stomach is better Congratulations on your new low

Back spasms yesterday caused me not to do much of anything including eat. My son made tilapia for dinner and I ate that standing in the kitchen then went to lay down. The medicine makes me sleepy. I guess that's a good thing. At least I'm not moaning from pain every few seconds/minutes.

I weighed in yesterday at 188.4 down 1.2lbs from 9/30. This morning I was down another pound but I am sure it was from not eating most of the day. Hoping for a nice weigh in tomorrow.

I hope all that weren't feeling well get better soon

take care

Last edited by love2b150; 10-02-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #10  

Sum, yay on your 20lbs!

Chica, packing and purging sounds like good exercise to me!

Kelijpa, I'm hoping it fits right. Nothing like spending a week knitting something that doesn't fit, but this is why I'm doing a vest and not the whole sweater.

Rennie, I get migraines so I stick to aspercream or ice/heat for my back. I don't want to not be able to take something for my head {which is always worse} because I've taken something for my back. Hope your back is feeling better!

Hubby is still out of town, today my parents took me to Bible study, then to lunch, then to the library. I wanted some books on cooking on a campfire or coals with cast-iron pots. I didn't find much but I did find some interesting books {suggestions anyone?}. We recently bought a RV and Mr. Pyromaniac has to build a fire at each site so I thought we might as well do more than roast marshmallows.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-02-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #11  
~Rennie

Thanks Penguin, no suggestions on books but I'm sure there are some creative people that have put a bunch of recipes on google. Wow an RV, I have always wanted to rent an RV and just go, no particular place but just go far away. One day I guess

I have some aspercream but with as much pain as I was in, I didn't even give it a thought. When a spasm would hit I would feel as if I couldn't breathe.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #12  

Rennie, we didn't really set out to buy a RV. It used to belong to Hubby's boss. He had offered to sell it to us about a year ago, but we were unsure. I'm not really the outdoors type and Hubby doesn't have a lot of spare time. We thought about it but never made a decision. A few months ago, Boss offered it to us again, because they were upgrading, so we made a low-ball offer which he accepted, to our surprise. We've only been out in it twice but this is my idea of camping ~ AC/heat, soft bed, own bathroom and kitchen. Did I mention that I don't know how to cook on a gas stove so Hubby does all the cooking and cleaning? Heaven!

Hope you are feeling better.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #13  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Rennie I hope you are feeling better today. That sounds really painful!!

Penguin I hope your back is feeling better as well. Good luck with campfire cooking!

----------

My low did not stick, I did not really expect it to stick after I re-hydrated my body plus it is ovulation time which usually means 1-2 pound gain. I feel all crampy and bloated.

Yesterday was a perfect OP day for me
b - Green Tea
l - big salad with salmon, feta and dressing
d - tacos, a huge portion of veggie medley
s - apple with PB, string cheese

I walked with a girlfriend for 4 miles and hit the gym for some weights.

Like I said perfect day.

Today I am meeting a gf for lunch, I scouted out the menu ahead and I think I settled on seared ahi tuna. It comes with sticky rice; I will have a small portion of it. I will also order a spinach salad (dressing on the side). Total calories should be around 500 cal.

I miss my friends. I have hibernated because of my diet. I have learned that lunches at a Mexican restaurant are done, but a fish place is perfect.

Sending hugs to all
Old 10-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #14  
~Rennie

Thanks Penguin I like that idea of camping also it just seems to me that it would be safer though I have never done it. We have only pitched a tent and that was with the scouts. But I do enjoy the camp fires and the hiking. sleeping was a bit weird with all of the nature sounds but I made it through. I like being in groups. I'm just the opposite with the stoves. I love gas stoves. I can see the flames to truly know high and low, ceramic and electric, nope And hubby doing cooking and cleaning is a winner for sure My husband doesn't cook but he will clean up thank goodness

Thanks Sum you did have a great day and another one planned, good for you

I feel better than I did on Tuesday and a little better than I did on yesterday. The spasms aren't nearly as hard or frequent. I still don't walk normal and my bra feels like it is made of leather/rubber something heavy. I can't explain it, it's just not comfortable front or back. It still feels like there is some type of knot in the center right of my back that won't go away but no one can see anything so it's just what I feel. I pray that is heals and goes away totally. I don't ever want to hurt like this again.

weight up .6 to 188, Big Mac meal for dinner. Haven't had McD's in a while so I'll count this as a treat.

I hope you all have a great day and everyone feels better that's sick
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #15  
Michelle the Vegan

Hey Keli -- I'm sorry to hear the shutdown put you out of work, I really hope they get this sorted fast. I don't know how optimistic I am about that, but I do hope so.

Sum - sorry you're feeling icky, lots of us seem to be getting sickish, must be something going around. Feel better!

Penguin -- we sound so similar! I also forgo back pain meds in order to be able to treat my migraines, which are just brutal. There are prescriptions you can get that will allow you to get relief for both (I tend to stay away from all meds, everything scares me, but I have gone and gotten a shot for the back pain when it was just crippling, and it didn't interfere with taking migraine meds). I just mention that in case you find yourself in a back-pain jam. Also, your idea of camping sounds so lovely, I remain jealous of your RV!

Love2b -- glad you are improving!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 10-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Closed Thread