Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #106  
danimae11

S/C/G: 192/175/140

Height: 5'4"

I had some success with low carb, but when the budget is tight pasta and rice are what's for dinner. Isn't it sad that healthy food costs more? Good luck Jennykay!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #107  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Wow, I just realized I haven't been to the gym in almost a month! I was thinking about going tomorrow; now I know I must go. I'm going to use you guys to hold me accountable!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #108  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I finally did a workout! my first since August! I did 25min of cardio! it doesn’t sound like much compared to the 60min I used to do but by the end of the warm-up I was ready for a nap but I kept going.

baby steps
Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi guys..ive been teaching 7 zumba classes a week and I am exhausted...my shin splints hurt and so do my feet..but the worse part is...I am not losing weight, in fact I am GAINING because working out to this extreme makes me ravenous......moral of the story..exercise is detrimental to weight loss...LOLOL..only kidding....but its definitely not doing jack diddly for me.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Zumba. Wasn't it 2FatCats who used to have the tagline "I don't mind gaining weight, as long as it's muscle." As we have all been told time and again, muscle weighs more than fat.

I think you are probably ravenous because your body needs fuel to keep building muscle and get through those zumba sessions.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #111  

Patchwork, my mom never learned how to drive...we lived in the city and she took trains buses and taxis to to where she needed to go...It was fine.....not everyone drives....we seem to forget that especially because everyone also asks to see license as identification...
Old 10-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #112  

Junem I think you're right...but if I want to take a nap when I get home from zumba when am I supposed to find the energy to lift weights...that might stress out my body even more....I have to figure this out.....maybe i'll lift weights on the two days that my classes are lightest....even if its kettlebells at home with my DVD....I hate feeling this way, it isn't healthy.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #113  

Today, My mother gave me a picture of myself taken in HS in 86. I didn't look to weird {that came later when I dyed my hair pink} so I sent a copy of the picture to my Hubby {who didn't know me then}. He sent me back a 'Hubba Hubba' in response! That was sweet of him. He's changed a lot since HS also, he was skinny with long dark hair, he didn't 'fill out' until years later, but now shaves his head.

After a long hiatus I'm trying to get back into exercising. Yesterday, I did 25min of cardio and I was watching the clock the whole time just waiting for it to be over. I did a similar workout today at 26min and when she announced the cool-down stretch I was surprised that it was over so quickly. Perception is a funny thing.

My eating has been terrible the past week. I weighed and was up a few lbs but this is TOM and I also switched to my long sleeve and pants pjs instead of shorts and a tee, so hopefully that was the extent of it. I hope
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #114  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

When I was training to run half marathons I was hungry ALL THE TIME. I know so many women who gained weight while training for half and fulls. You would think you'd lose weight easily -- but it was a serious battle not to gain. It is difficult to work out so much in a calorie deficit.

For me there is a line past which cardio is probably detrimental to trying to lose weight. It is one of the reasons I don't mind running much lower mileage these days, I don't feel ravenous!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm Back!!!!!!!!
Fell off the wagon. Back finding religion. I discovered that although I excel at losing weight I also do a fine job of gaining it back. Going back to basics. Counting all my calories and drinking all my water and trying for at least 30 minutes of exercise each day but goal is an hour. I need to start exercising in the am again. These cold mornings have made me want to stay snug as a bug. I also realized I really fell off the 3fat chicks posting wagon. If I am going to stay accountable to me I need to stay accountable to you. You are the weight watchers meeting I refuse to pay money for.
Went down to see my sister. Came home to stressed out husband because his Mom is in the hospital. Not doing well and his dad is trying to drive himself an hour and a half and it took him 4 hrs. as he is getting lost and confused(he has Parkinson's) I managed to stay on target for when my Mom was dying and lose 30lbs. I lost another 23 lbs. after she died and I did not come this far to stress eat my weigh back just because of his family issues. So says the woman who ate 6 oreo's tonight. Time to go exercise for a half an hour, maybe I will do a you tube walk thing with Leslie something. Night all and glad to be back.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #116  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome back Carma! It is scary how easily we fall back into old behaviors, isn't it? I'm glad you were able to halt the train and "come back to your senses" as they say. Sometimes that process has, sadly, taken me years. I know how easy it is to get off track!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #117  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi everyone! Got my jog in still can't believe I can jog for 25 minutes, you guys are probably sick of hearing me say it. Sorry...
Scale is slowwwly going down and today my pants felt snug, go figure, I'm just going to keep on keeping on, eating better foods and thinking more about what I'm eating.

Wow Zumba, that's quite schedule, no wonder you're hungry! I'm going to get back to the weights after I complete this c25k program, I've found I can only focus on one thing at a time and am loving getting back into jogging.

Hi Carma, welcome back, sounds like you're in the right frame of mind.

Have to take the little dog out, be back later.

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-23-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #118  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all! I decided to try Bodypump again today. It was tough but I can already tell I will be sore, but not unable to move, like after the first class. Progress!

Patchwork, what kind of cardio are you doing? I have never been able to do the treadmill until this week when I discovered the gym has new ones with built in TVs. I ended up going longer because there was a Househunters show in Paris I wanted to see the end of. Maybe you can find a distraction that works for you...
Old 10-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #119  

Jenny, I'm currently doing segments from this new workout DVD http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...richs-x10-6440 I have a lot of Cathe's workouts and enjoy my times with her, lol. I have a lot of workout dvds but I've been neglecting them this past year. I have a treadmill but like you I find it boring. I've hooked a DVD player up to it but really even that doesn't help much with just walking, but it seems in the winter I like to 'run intervals' on it so I keep it around.

Carma, glad to have you back! I find I do better when I'm posting. I'm more honest with you guys and then more honest with myself. Sorry to hear about all the family stress.

Kelijpa, feel free to keep raving about your jogging! Its worth being excited over.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #120  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I definitely do better when I'm posting here!

Jenny and Penguin - I found the Kindle to be great for the treadmill, I make the font a little larger than regular and get distracted by the book, especially for walking.

Thanks again for the support!

Best to all
Closed Thread