Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #61  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

MagicSusan - Welcome back, it is good to be home. I hopped on the scale, it was better than expected, but I said to DH I may be dehydrated and will be blowing up like a puffer fish when I drink some water, lol. I hear you on the trying to decide what will be more motivating, DH has decided to get back on track and not weigh in until Friday, it all depends on you...I think if I weighed in higher it might have been an excuse to have some treats before starting back OP...we're planning on vegan/juice day Monday so still not sure if today is going to be OP or not...

Looks like some beautiful fall weather, can't wait to go pick up my little dog at "camp" and get him out for a walk, I'm sure he can't wait either...he may be a little flippy when I get him...we'll all get back to normal soon enough.

More later, best to all
Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #62  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

MagicSusan welcome back; I loved your description of destruction on the trip! Sounds fabulous!

KelijPA love that you don't know if today will be OP since tomorrow is juice/vegan. LOL therein lies the struggle, eh?

Here, wonderful weekend of food. For some reason I'm on a crockpot kick and made an Emeril recipe for beef stew. I am so not a beef stew person, I did this for DH. It was fantastic! Now I've got the pot going with Thai Red Curry Vegetables for tonight. Friday night we had Mojito Pinto Beans from it, over brown rice. I got a TON of wonderful vegetables from my organic CSA on Friday, and have been trying to have a plan so none goes to waste. I just roasted the beautiful beets, and juiced the beet greens along with a couple small organic apples. Delicious. I've been really embracing my "whole foods lifestyle" over the last few days, which is good since my episode with candy corn clearly was not whole food. LOL

Love2b150 sorry you're not getting much reply on your request for a texting partner I hope you find what/who you are looking for...
Old 10-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #63  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Picked up a new rake while we were out to pick up little dog, I'm one of those strange people who love to rake...my arms are killing me right now, but got the ditch raked in case it rains and some of our path in the woods...it's a great day to be outside, the leaves are dry, the rake is wide but light, so I can't seem to stop

NewLeaf - your crock pot meals sound fab, wish I could taste, we had probably our last little tomatoes from the garden, can't believe we didn't have a frost while we were gone. The squirrels didn't eat the sunflowers either so I'm going to try roasting some. I've read sunflower butter is better than peanut butter, not sure if I'm ambitious enough to try it , lots of hulling involved I'm sure.

Best to all, back to enjoying the beautiful day it is good to be home

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-13-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #64  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We just got back from a RV weekend at Chickasaw SP near Bolivar, TN. It rained for a while during our trip which just added to the humidity, but overall we had a nice time. The leaves are just starting to change, which make our hikes though the woods and around the lake extra pretty.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #65  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum nice job on the inches, and 3.9 on the walk, I'd like to get up to that speed. Maybe when I'm 10-15 lighter it won't seem so hard. I've got to remember the green tea. Thanks for asking me

Heidi thank you I did ... I'll bet your house smells really good I'm a candy corn nut also. Luckily I've eaten all of the candy corn and the only thing left are the pumpkins which I don't care for so no worries there

Penguin sounds really nice, I love fall also

well weight is still up but I have eaten OP today (so far) and we went to the gym so I am confident that I will have a better weigh in tomorrow as long as I don't screw up before bed. I still have a ton of water left to drink so we shall see.

I hope you all are doing well

Last edited by love2b150; 10-13-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #66  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I had a very stressful weekend. My blood pressure was sky high last night. It still has not come down, I think I'll take some meds for it. Even though weekend was stressful I did not turn into food for comfort. Yay for me!

I met an old girlfriend for dinner on Saturday night and that was really nice. We chaperoned together all marching band functions and had fun doing it. I hadn't seen her in over a year and it was nice to catch up. We went to Italian restaurant but I did not over eat or drink I ordered shrimp scmpi over rice. She ordered us Spanish coffee for dessert, which I drank about half...it was a very successful dinner out. Scale actually went down. -- I am learning to control myself

I am flirting with the 150 mark. 150.6 this am.... I am sure 140's are going to make me wait forever

Today I am trying to de-stress. I will take my long walk this morning and visit the gym this afternoon. House looks like a tornado went through it, so I will clean as well...cleaning always helps me to calm down. No matter how messy I feel inside, when outsides are getting cleaned it helps me.

Sending to all...keeping a little for myself as well.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #67  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Good morning all, yesterday was pretty good food-wise, definitely feeling the raking this morning...ouch...lol

Got up at a decent time this morning, even though we stayed up too late last night, got to get back on east coast time, tomorrow morning will be a bear!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Great job on getting to the gym Love, I need to dust off my dumbbells and get back to it, and great job dealing with your stressors without turning to food Sum!

Best to all
Old 10-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello all! Got home from New Hampshire yesterday.....it was an awesome getaway and just what I needed after a very stressful few weeks. We ate the usual camp food (hot dogs, marshmallows) and things I normally wouldn' eat but we had some long hikes and physical activity that I hope it ll evend out. I am happy to say that I did manage to fit into some of my Levis that for a long time didn't fit...so I was happy camper...literally! LOL....but back to life and basics. I am going to continue what I have been doing...intuitive eating on a low carb side......
Old 10-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #69  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum sorry about the stress glad you handled it without turning to food, well done my friend I was just reading the alternatives to restaurant menu items in a diabetic cookbook. Glad you have that control. While I was reading it I was wondering what I'd do at a restaurant like Olive Garden. You'll see the 140's before you know it. There's a nice whoosh coming your way

thanks keli, sorry about the aches from the raking, maybe some stretching will help. Feel better

Good to see you Zumba glad you had a nice time

I had a great weigh in this morning down 3lbs of water, nice little whoosh and my first one since coming back to 3FC. I have been totally OP today ... I want something to eat ... nothing in particular, I just want something to eat. So I made a grande size green tea Thanks Sum

Well I hope you all have a great remainder of the day and that we all can stay OP
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #70  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Rennie, one day at a time. Actually one bite at a time! Congrats on your 3 pounds.

Zumba I am so happy that you had a nice camping trip with DG. And still jealous of those size 6 jeans

kelijpa This new house has so many trees, I am not looking forward to all that raking...you can come over and do mine

Penguin Leaves have changed here and all are falling off. When is your next trip?

Heidi I hope you are doing okay! Are you still staying away from your scale?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #71  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Not much to report. I stayed OP yet another day, yay me. I walked and worked out at the gym....my days are pretty boring.

One positive thing to report is that I have lost 5 pounds in October! I am 1 pound away from my October goal. I am very happy about this loss!!

Today I am walking with a GF. I told DH that I actually like when I have walking dates with my girlfriends, that is one less lunch out and in a mean time I am getting exercise as well.

Have a beautiful day my friends!

Last edited by Sum38; 10-15-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #72  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Well, according to the scale, I gained two pounds in Tuscany. Back on track, now. I refuse to move my ticker, though!

Kelijpa, great mental image- I envision you touching water and then puffing up like a full-body wasp-sting victim! Oh noes!

Heidi- I actually really like whole foods; I rarely touch white bread and bake a lot of it myself. Whole wheat pasta... mmmm....

PwP, I really miss the east-coast foliage. There are not a lot of red trees here- it's a north american mutation, though there are some imported ones. We do have some dark purple leaves, though... Wish it would stop raining so I could enjoy the walks instead of just enjoying the fact that I did the walk. *sigh*

Zumba, the hiking sounds great. For me, modified intuitive eating has turned out to be the most maintainable.

love2b, i hear you on the munchies. This time of year, I eat a *lot* of apples.

The walking dates sound like a great idea, Sum. Enjoy your Autumn!

Everybody else, hope you're all well. Remember: nix candy, eat yummy apples!

I'm thinking of taking a course in bookbinding. Would keep my hands busy and out of the cookie jar,
Old 10-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #73  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Susan, the joke around here is that we only have two weeks of fall and it rains the whole time, so not much of a chance to get out and enjoy the cooler weather. Good job on keeping up the walks.

Sum, I'd like to try another weekend this month but its not looking good with Hubby's work. I'm sure there's going to be a point where I decide its gotten too cold for me, and I don't want to go camping anymore. We've only had the camper a few months so that was only our 3rd trip so we are trying to see what happens as we go.

Rennie, I love Olive Garden. I try to stay out of there. its dangerous.

I weighed in today at 244.0. So I'm very good at maintaining but I need to start losing!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all....I have been a bad girl today......eating a lot of what I shouldn't be eating...I'm very nervous about some financial stuff that is going on......hitting up the cookies that I bought for the kids...oy......getting back on the wagon tomorrow...now that I finally got into those LEVIS I have to fight to stay in them..and be able to breathe...

Right now i'm a little bloated from not having "gone" for quite a number of days...what do you ladies suggest? prunes? sorry to turn this into an old lady subject....

I haven't gotten on the scale for a while......I guess I should do that tomorrow...because when I don't is when things get out of control,,,
Old 10-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #75  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Up a little this morning, MFP helping me to make some adjustments in my eating plan. Hope everyone has a great day
Closed Thread