One good choice I made today was...

You're on Page 11 of 35
Go to
  • Candy Corn is almost unheard of in Switzerland, which is probably a good thing.

OGC: I went out walking today, first day home. I thought, if there's an excuse not to exercise today, there will be one tomorrow, and the next day, and the next...
  • Quote: OGC: I went out walking today, first day home. I thought, if there's an excuse not to exercise today, there will be one tomorrow, and the next day, and the next...
    I think I am going to print that out and put it on my fridge!

And today I accidentally left my low fat healthy carefully made lunch at home on the kitchen bench when I went to work so I had to go and buy something - and I drove past McDonalds, KFC and that awesome curry place on the corner with the best Naan bread in the world to another store and bought a salad.
  • Holy cow ladies , I just finished week 6 day 1 of. C25K. That was my good choice today!

I heard you guys telling me to ignore the negative self talk and give it a shot.

Thanks
  • This morning I installed the runkeeper app on my phone - basically it tracks how long your walk/run etc is for on a little map and gives encouraging updates as you walking every five minutes on how far you have walked, how long and at what speed you are travelling.

Tonight I got home from work after dark and I hate walking in the dark but the app was enough incentive to take the dogs out for a quick spin, but when I was nearly home the app gave me an update on how long and how far I had walked for and that gave me enough incentive to stride right past my house and walked for another 10 minutes.
  • Awesome Bindi! I love Runkeeper! It is motivating, I like to keep trying to better my pace, it's one of my favorite apps.

• Kelijpa, Bindii. Keep running, you wont regret it. Runkeeper sounds intriguing. I may have to check it out.

Kelijpa, I was wondering. Maybe I missed it. Are you planning on running an organized run soon? If not you should think about it, because you will be just in time for all the Turkey trot, Turkey themed runs next month. I find its fun to run in a big group once-in-a-while and you will feel triumphant. And if you are worried about being the last one, you won't be.
  • I've been thinking about doing a "formal" run, but didn't think of the turkey theme, will have to check it out, now that I'm pretty confident I can do it.

Today I finally downloaded my fitness pal, looks great, it says it interfaces with run keeper, so I'll see how it works after my walk tonight. It also says it interfaces with c25k, I didn't get to sync that up yet though.

Edit: excited the interface worked, it now says I have 780 calories for dinner. Woohoo
  • Today I chose to go to the rail trail and attempt my c25k even though it was cloudy and sprinkly. I did it, made it through week 6 day 2!! I think the week off have me a chance to heal up, of course I'm nervous but excited about the next one, 22 mins.

Best to all
  • Kelijpa you are doing so well with the running -- WTG!!

Bindii I love Runkeeper, too! I use it to shout out distance and time every 10 minutes because I usually want to walk for one or the other of those (ie, 5 miles or 30 minutes or what have you). I like to hear my pace at the end, but hate having it shouted out to me as I go because it makes me a little too focused on that...

My good choice was deciding to eat well today. For me (and I know it's not the case with everone), that's all it is -- a decision to eat well (or not). What a marvelous day of food: strawberries, apricots, banana, arugula, tomato, peas, beets, eggs, chicken, tea, coffee, peanut butter, cheese, whole wheat bread. I think that about covers it. Nice whole foods. And all delicious. Sometimes I don't know what my problem is, why I can't always make this decision. But today I did. Yay
  • I'm still plodding along; I've started the Dukan diet and thought I would try that for a few weeks to see how it goes - at the worst it could be a kick start. I'm also still walking and really loving the runkeeper app!
  • Got my run in first thing this morning, right after my double dog walk, setting the tone for a great day and a great weekend and a return to normalcy after a week of vacation and all its fun and challenges.

Heidi -- your list of healthy food sounds so yummy! It makes me wonder, also, why we are ever tempted to stray!
  • My good choice today was to take my crabby, b!tchy self to the rail trail and complete week 6 day 3! Good for the crabbies and good for the self esteem!

Welcome back Mrs Snark, keep plodding Bindi, NewLeaf, I'm with you we made some awesome healthy chili, it should not be so difficult to stay on track.

Best to all
  • My good choice today was to eat both a healthy breakfast and lunch, and I walked at lunch. So far I'm 100% for walking every day the month of October. I've even gotten to where I'm walking a second time in the evenings. My dog goes with me, and she is totally digging the extra walkies.
  • Dee -- Great job, you are really rocking October! But, sssshhhhhh, don't tell my dogs about how some dogs get extra walkies, they'll never leave me alone if they hear about that!

Keli -- Running is really great for the crabbies, isn't it? I'm usually so proud of myself when I'm done that there is no room for being crabby any more! Well done, you are really moving through the C25k!
  • Quote: My good choice today was to eat both a healthy breakfast and lunch, and I walked at lunch. So far I'm 100% for walking every day the month of October. I've even gotten to where I'm walking a second time in the evenings. My dog goes with me, and she is totally digging the extra walkies.
    Wow that's awesome! I'm trying to reach my goal of walking four times a week and struggling to do that! I've also been taking my dogs with me on the walks and they are not only loving it but behaving better on the lead (which is a bonus for my arms lol)..