40-Somethings It's National Splurge Day Challenge, oh Yeah!

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • I love this idea. Isn't it amazing how when you don't indulge in everything you like, all the time, you appreciate it sooo much more as a 'treat'. I hope to be down to 65 kilos within 6 weeks and am working very hard towards this goal. June 18th gives me a goal marker to do that. I'm going to go out for a 'whatever I want' dinner (duck is my fave) and a bottle of wine with the boyfriend!!
  • Duck? Now you're talking my language honey..I love duck!! thats a great splurge, low in carbs too!
  • Hello all!
    I'm in, totally missed the MayDay challenge.

My goals are to get in 4 miles a day every day I can
    Eat more veggies and get in my water every day
    I'm shooting for 155 as my weight goal...yeeps!

This will be a challenge for sure, memorial day weekend I'm going on a trip with my mom to see my aunt in St. Louis, so it'll be a road trip with all kinds of opportunities for slips, my two work trips went pretty well so I know what I can do...

best to all
  • Starting this challenge at

4 oz more than the last one

My fingers are like sausages....that's all the excuse I got this morning.

Sigh.... I. WILL. NOT. GIVE. UP.

Onward....
  • Here we go!! I am excited for this challenge. Hopefully I can lose 10 pounds and have fun surfing the net and choosing my splurge!

SW: 173.4
    CW: 173.4
    GW: 163.4
  • SW 156.6
    CW 156.6
    GW 150

I got giddy writing 150 down...that is almost in 140's
  • Sum: That's exactly how I felt writing 163--almost to the 150s!! We can definitely do this!!
  • Good morning, everyone! My goals for this challenge:

1) Weigh in every day. I've learned that avoiding the scale is giving me an excuse to be off plan until closer to my Friday weigh-ins..terrible pattern!
    2) Get down to 130 lbs..stretch again, but I know I'm retaining now
    3) Strength training 3x/week
    4) Cardio 5x/week(min 30 minutes)..I am leaving this vague because I don't want to start thinking if it's not running it doesn't count. Yesterday I took a brisk 45 minute walk in a hilly area..nothing wrong w/ that!
    5) Get a new notebook and track all food, even if it's off plan
    6) Cut WAY down on sugar. I'm not going to eliminate it completely, but trying to keep it to one small treat/day(preferably dark chocolate) and no more sugar in tea..also less processed food, which almost always contains it.

Have to get back to work..will check out everyone's goals later!
  • Nat: I hear you on weighing in every day. As soon as i stop doing that the lbs creep up on me. I know they say not to weigh every day but I have to for my own success.....
  • 1. Continue Is a genix
    2. My four Zumba classes a week
    3. BBL program and be CONSISTENT with it!!
    4. Bike riding around my property when possible.
    5. More water every day

I want to lose ten lbs by the end of this challenge..I know this is a big number but I know it is possible if I just do what i'm supposed to do!!!
  • My Goals ForThis Challenge Are

Exercise 5-6 DaysA Week
    Lift Weights 2-3 Days A Week
    AndLose 9 Pounds OrMore
    Cw 196.8
    S 196.8
    Gw 187.8
  • I bought 3 dresses on Loft.com this morning because they were an extra 60% off. Great deal, but they were all final sale. Crossing my fingers that not only do I like them but that they fit! I got 2 size 12s and a large, so we'll see. If they are too snug, I'll just have extra motivation to keep losing! I really need some clothes that fit, but I hate to spend much because I have so much more to lose, so I am resorting to crazy, blind purchases like today's! Is anyone else in this same boat? The good news is I took the day off today and started to clean out my closet, which is one of my summer goals. I donated a construction-size garbage bags of clothes that either don't fit or are No longer my taste. I don't look like a hoarder until you open my closets
  • Stayed within calories yesterday. So far, I'm on plan today. Biked for 4 miles this morning. I've been doing laundry and housework otherwise.

So far, so good.

Good luck today, everyone!
  • I am wearing a pair of capri sweatpants that were super tight on me a month ago...and now they fit

I volunteered all day and because of month end, it was a super busy day. -- Since I follow IF and my main meal is usually around 2/3 pm, I did not bother packing anything to take with me... of course it is/was a hungry day I was ready to eat my own arm. -- I truly enjoyed my salad with grilled shrimp when I arrived home

I am taking a day off from exercise today. I walked 7 days straight and my arms feel like jello from yesterday's training session. My body is telling me to rest.

I think I will sit on our deck for awhile and look at all the ducks and the swan at the lake and enjoy this 85 degree weather.

Sending to all!
  • I am in again - I met my maintenance goals wt/bf% in the last challenge so for this one - GULP - I will maintain my weight/bf%. That's always been the biggest struggle for me.

1. Maintain bf @ or below 21%
    2. Strength training 3x week
    3. Dog walks (3+ mile route) daily if not raining
    4. Continue to eat on plan
    5. Begin restoration of enclosed side porch: Complete scraping/prepwork and begin painting. We had the house painted and I restored the front porch last Summer -102 spindles plus posts and panels). Only 80 or so on the side porch.....Everything comes off the porch, gets stripped of 125 years of white paint, then gets sanded, primed and painted and put back into place. It may take me all summer. Again. That's why I have to make it a goal. Otherwise the pieces will sit in my basement ANOTHER 9 months. *sigh*