New here...but really not so new...

• OK....so I'm one of the last 20 or so people in the United States to get a computer and internet in their home lol. I have been a member of this site for several years and it has given me un-measurable support. When I have wanted it....... Unfortunately thru the years (and most recently A LOT in the last 6 months) I have used the excuse that its too hard to "communicate on my small smart phone" to slide back to a place where I am always unhappy with myself. I wont bore you with all the details but for the first time in my life 2-3 years ago I was on top of the world after losing 75 pounds off my 5'4" frame. And then I got comfortable. I have "only" put back on 15 pounds but I am so scared that this is the beginning of a very slippery slope. I don't have the $ to go out and buy new summer clothes, nor do I WANT to.... I promised myself (the thing i USED to do a few years ago and FOLLOW THRU WITH...) that when I got this laptop along with the internet that I would make it a very frequent thing to get on here and contribute to all of the discussions that have helped me soooo much. So this is my first attempt at that all important follow thru.... oh...forgot to mention important stuff like...im 44 years old, divorced (twice...ugh) with 2 wonderful kids-dd who just turned 20 and ds who will be 13 the beginning of May. I also have a fabulous man in my life who we both have said that it would have been great if we had met 20 years ago lol but...and there's always a but...lol.....<<I>>would not be who I am if i hadn't gone thru the things that i had... Sorry for the rambling.... I feel like i'm making up for lost time or something lol
  • ...oh...and i changed my signature thing to reflect my new weight. At least that was my weight the last time i got on the scale...a week and a half ago....sigh....
  • Welcome to the group, Plainsgirl! You'll find lots of support and caring, hilarious people here.

And look, you're following through again!
  • Thanks MoonDance!! And your right...I guess I should work on making some small daily goals and watch them add up to total awsomess!! LOL Ive done pretty good so far today (even though I haven't gotten to the Y yet..). But I do have a few tried and true DVDs for those times when I can't make it out of the house... Here's to all of us getting to our goals and looking HAWWWTT this spring/summer!!
  • Congratulations on your total weight loss and also for catching yourself before you let the weight creep up to an unmanageable number! You've got this! You know what to do - you've done it before. I completely understand about weight creeping back up - I put on 10 pounds from my lowest weight last year - and I never even reached my goal like you did! I am now also fighting to re-lose and lose even more. It's tough, but we can do it. 3fc is an awesome place!
  • Thanks Guacamole!! We've got this!! It just took so darn long to actually hit "goal" that I start getting depressed and fall into a dark place when I think about just how long this might take. But the alternative scared the h@@l out of me more.... What worked for ME before was not stressing about the number on the scale but working on fitness goals and ME. Exactly what many of you have said before. I should be concentrating on how I FEEL and not on the scale. And now if I don't get off of here i'm going to run out of time to get a workout in....

Lets do this!!