3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Mother's Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/277964-mothers-day-challenge.html)

anewbody2013 03-19-2013 07:24 AM

Mother's Day Challenge

Starting today will be 55 days til Mother's Day:) I didn't see a challenge posted yet and wanted to see if anyone had any goals to or on that day. I will be taking family photos around that time and would love to have some weight loss before then.

Anyone else? Plans/goals?

amandie 03-19-2013 11:06 AM

I'm in!!! I think I would like to aim for 10lbs gone by then.

SW/CW- 169
GW- 159

Additional goal(s)- Stay on plan. No alcohol of any kind. Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.

anewbody2013 03-19-2013 11:24 AM

Awesome! I think that should be achievable:) Good luck!

Moondance 03-19-2013 11:40 AM

Ooo, yes, I'm totally in. I have an audition that day and want to be 10 pounds lighter than I am now. That's my goal.

amandie 03-20-2013 02:46 AM

I failed on the alcohol part tonight when I went to play darts for a league tonight. 3 woodchuck ciders tonight, 600 cals altogether! I enjoyed myself tonight though but I want to get serious and stop drinking.. at least after I Mother's Day because it definitely messes with my progress.

I need to do 30 minutes on the elliptical tomorrow to lessen the "damage" done.

Moondance- Totally doable! You can do it!

anewbody2013 03-20-2013 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moondance (Post 4673748)
Ooo, yes, I'm totally in. I have an audition that day and want to be 10 pounds lighter than I am now. That's my goal.

Welcome moondance! I hope you are able to achieve your 10 pounds loss! But I am sure you can:)

anewbody2013 03-20-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4674836)
I failed on the alcohol part tonight when I went to play darts for a league tonight. 3 woodchuck ciders tonight, 600 cals altogether! I enjoyed myself tonight though but I want to get serious and stop drinking.. at least after I Mother's Day because it definitely messes with my progress.

I need to do 30 minutes on the elliptical tomorrow to lessen the "damage" done.

Moondance- Totally doable! You can do it!

Well at least you had fun! And I am the same way, if I consume something way over the day before, the next day I would work hard to try and corral the damage.

Crow 03-20-2013 06:42 AM

I'm in for 10lbs gone by then too.

SW: 172.5
GW: 162.5

amandie, I think we need treats sometimes to keep the motivation up -- I know that if I completely deprive myself I'll cave within days, but if I allow myself the occasional treat I can usually stick to the plan.

Moondance, best of luck with the audition! What are you auditioning for?

anewbody, do you have a set goal or are you just aiming to lose as much as possible?

anewbody2013 03-20-2013 06:58 AM

Crow, I am trying to take off whatever I can by then! Lol so be it being 15 pounds:) Good luck to you!

Moondance 03-20-2013 10:02 AM

So far, so good! Had a really good day yesterday as a matter of fact. I didn't even have chocolate! :yikes::eek: I also started weight lifting as part of my exercise regime. I've been doing strictly treadmill or elliptical for 2.5 months. I felt it was time to mix things up, tone things up, and boost my metabolism a little. One discovery...boy am I weak! :wl:

We're a small group here (which I like) so good luck to us all! Stay strong and on-plan!:cp::grouphug:

Crow, I'm auditioning for the part of Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd.

anewbody2013 03-20-2013 10:47 AM

Moondance, crossing fingers for you on that part:)

I will be getting back into weight training today as well. Been doing alot of cardio mostly and I will blend in the exercises as well. Is the part like in a play?

IanG 03-20-2013 01:28 PM

I want to reach my mini-goal by then (225lbs). So count me in!

I'm aiming big to get small.

anewbody2013 03-20-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanG (Post 4675404)
I want to reach my mini-goal by then (225lbs). So count me in!

I'm aiming big to get small.

Welcome! And I like the quote aim big to get small:D

Moondance 03-20-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anewbody2013 (Post 4675157)
Is the part like in a play?

It's a musical. Johnny Depp was the lead in the movie a year ago or so. Lots of clips on YouTube. Helena Bonham Carter plays Mrs. Lovett in the movie. Angela Lansbury originated the roll on Broadway.

amandie 03-20-2013 08:23 PM

Thanks, guys. I need to remember not to be too hard on myself. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today so I feel a little better now. :)

Welcome, Crow and IanG (love the quote too, Ian!) Good luck with your goals, both of you!

Moondance- That sounds awesome. I wish you the best of luck with the audition for the role of Ms. Lovett! I love lifting and it does suck to realize how weak you are like I did, lol. Luckily we can build our strength the more we do it. :D I need to get back to lifting soon!

I made some really yummy (dark) chocolate muffins last night for boyfriend and my niece who was spending the night, a regular sized muffin is about 64 calories each by my calculations. I would process the oats into flour before adding the rest of the ingredients to prevent tough muffins. Luckily, I have been practicing good willpower with these things, it also helps that I gave away almost half of them, lol.