Mother's Day Challenge

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • How is everyone doing, working towards their goal?

Keep that goal in mind!

Make good food choices
    Get on your feet and move
    If you're mad, let it out
    Find something to laugh about
    Journal if it helps
    Remember it's ok to be a little crazy
    Give thanks when appropriate
    Love yourself!
  • Thank you so much Moondance for the great advice!

Awesome!

I am still on track, just been extremely busy with "life" in general...LOL But still working out. Won't be weighing in Friday, but Sunday instead BEFORE Easter dinner....Doing the Atkins so will have plenty of proteins to choose from (still in induction stage).

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • I would like to join in! My goal is to be down to 175 by then. I don't know if that is realistic since I have having pelvic mesh removal and vaginal and bladder repair surgery done on April 23rd. I hope to reach 175 by then and just keep it off the month or so I recover until I can begin exercising at the pool again and following the plan exactly again. I really hope to get my last remaining 19 lbs off by July 8th so that I will be at goal weight on my 49th birthday.
  • Welcome firegirl. I think your goal is obtainable. If not any loss is a good loss. I hope your surgery goes well and you are quickly back on your feet.
  • Firegirl! I saw your post re: your upcoming surgery on another thread- forget which one it was. Best of luck with your goals!

Love your post, Moondance! Thanks!

Anewbody- Good idea on the WI! Maybe I will do the same if we are having ham this Easter.

I have been busy with "life" too, lol. I weighed in at 167.8 the other day, yay, water weight gone! Definitely motivates me to keep going and stay on track. 170lbs is the lowest I have been since 16 years old so this is new territory for me as an adult (27 now.) I just need to start working on the exercise part, lol. I wanna be fit! I just signed up on fitocracy when another member recommended it. I love the idea of earning achievements and leveling up so I am hoping that will help me to keep up with workouts.

I am looking forward to my deviled eggs and dill mustard potato salad this weekend- I always make it every Easter. Hmm!!

Hope everyone is doing great this week!!
  • Woo hoo! Down 5.4 this week. So that will help keep me motivated for the next week. Keeping up with the C25K program, W2D2 tonight. Drinking lots of water and staying away from the soda.

Great post Moondance!

Good luck Firegirl.
  • Happy Thursday!

Still no movement on the scale. As a reward for 10 lbs lost, I had a 20 minute massage yesterday (someone comes to my work...20 min for $18!). Holy cow were my muscles sore over night. Woke up at 2:30 am with raging migraine that still hasn't completely gone away. I'm drugged up pretty good so I can function, but it's making me re-think massages as a reward. I'm sure the fact that I've recently started a weight lifting program added to the muscle soreness, but geeze!

anewbody2013: Glad to hear you're working out through your busy life. That's what it's all about, right? Creating a lifestyle that includes taking care of yourself! Enjoy that Easter dinner!

firegirl441: Sorry to hear about the surgery! Is that related to the ad I've seen on TV...I thinks it's a class action lawsuit against the vaginal mesh...or something like that. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!!

amandie: Hooray for water weight being gone!!! I understand how hard it is to work exercise into your daily routine, especially if you haven't found an activity that keeps you interested and motivated. I hope this program works for you. Mmmm...that potato salad recipe sounds yummy! Enjoy!

Beewidget: WOW! That's a huge whoosh! Congrats!! Great job on the C25K...what is W2D2?

Hope everyone else has a great day!!
  • Quote: 170lbs is the lowest I have been since 16 years old so this is new territory for me as an adult (27 now.)
    Congrats on making that big milestone! You are doing great following your plan. I hope you find an exercise you enjoy doing.

Congrats Beewidgeton the 5.4 lb loss. You are doing great!

moondance, sorry to hear that the scales haven't moved. I bought new scales and they moved in the wrong direction the last two days. I have followed the Atkins plan exactly. I go for weigh-in at MRC this morning. I hope my new scales are just wrong. Yes, what you hear on TV really does happen to some people like me. It has actually torn what I consider "valuable" tissue in that area, if you know what I mean. It also didn't hold my bladder up. So out is goes. The doc is going to try and tack my bladder up the way they did it waaaaaay back when.

Hugs to all for a Happy Thursday!
  • Thanks, Firegirl! How did your weigh-in @ MRC go?

Beewidget- Congrats on your awesome loss this week!

Moondance- The massages sound lovely but boo migraines!! You know, I've never gotten a massage by a professional. Maybe I will add that to one of mine and see how I like it. That sucks about no scale movement yet but I am thinking that could be due to your lifting program that you just started.

Hope everyone had a good day! Happy Friday, all!
  • Moondance...ugh on the migraine (I have one this morning). Maybe just a foot massage next time? My daughter got a full body massage, 1 hour, and she was sore afterward...but said she felt good too.

Beewidget...congrats on the weight loss.

Firegirl...good luck on accomplishing your goal and hope the surgery fixes things right for you.

Amandi...WTG on the weigh in! You are doing great!

I'm trying to figure out what to bring to the family Easter get-together tomorrow. My mom is bringing a veggie platter, so I think I will bring tri tip. Only question is, should I cook it tonight in my rotisserie and then we can just eat it cold tomorrow, or hope that my uncle will cook it on the BBQ tomorrow for us (I will share with everyone else) They are going to have hot dogs and sausages otherwise...too fatty and too much sodium for me!

Kristy
  • Kristy- Ooh, I don't know. Sorry if this is too late but is there anyway you can ask your uncle in advance if he minds cooking it on the BBQ then go from there? Tri-tip sounds good! I like your idea of foot massage, I think I would like that better than a back or a full-body massage. Have fun at your get-together today!
  • 166.0 right on the nose today!!! Hope everyone is having a great day today!!

I am making deviled eggs and dill potato salad along with glazed ham and some veggies (I haven't decided yet on what I want to make.)
  • Great loss everyone! We are at 42 days now, whew the days are ticking away. Glad another holiday has past and now can hopefully get through April without any hicks ups....lol Good luck girls to a new month well into May!
  • Everybody seems to be sticking to the plan -- we're all going to look fantastic by Mother's Day!

I'm down a little today to 168.5, which makes me happy. I allowed myself a small portion of Easter chocolate yesterday the left it alone, and cooked steaks for dinner. That made the family happy, plus I could have a small piece of meat, no potatoes and plenty of good, healthy veggies. Happy families all round.
  • Crow- Mmm, steak! Sounds like you had a nice Easter!

Anewbody- I'm happy for no upcoming holidays! Looking forward to warmer weather, that's for sure. Let's have a great month!

I am still 166.0 this morning and that is after grazing all day yesterday, 3 alcoholic beverages (drank a bottle of water after each) and nearly 2 slices of pistachio cake. I made sure to have a huge green smoothie before I went to visit my dad so I wouldn't be tempted too much. I think I did pretty good.