40-Something May Day Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 25
Go to
  • We must All Hang IN There,Giving Up Is Not An Option.....WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • Thought I better post my weight for more accountability. If I want to lose 10 by May Day, I better keep disciplined!

SW: 183
    CW: 180.8
    GW: 173
  • I second you, Mboo!

Accountability is hard but oh so important, isn't it, Jennifer? Hang in there!

Speaking of accountability, I did gain a pound this past week but I was knowingly Off plan. Was at my daughter's and we had birthday cake and brownies among other things. Not nearly the exercise that should have been, either. I'm home now and back OP though.
  • Ugh. That is all I literally have to say for myself. I am up 1 pound up from last week and the reason?? Because the only thing on my goal list that I DID do is drink more water. So now...I am sitting on my couch dressed for the gym and ready to go. 1 thing before I go...I have decided that I am going to look at this May day goal in 2 1/2 pound increments. Sounds weird but I am looking at the 15+ lbs I need to lose and all it does is get me depressed. Im going to see how many times I can lose 2 1/2 lbs by May 1st....Whatever is gone is more than what is gone at this point. Off to the Y!
  • If you don't mind I'll join this challenge. A lil about me. I just got released to workout after 6 months of achillis tendon injury/surgery. Sitting around with a cast on for 3 months really depletes any mucsle tone plus shoveling food in puts blubber on. So here I am ready to get back into shape. (gained 50 lbs over the 6 months)

Goals

1. 1400 cal

2. 1 hr a day of exercise

3. NO BEER OR WINE

4. lose 12.5 lbs (from now)

236.4/223.5

Ideally I'd love to become a gym rat. I'd love to fall in love with exercise like some people do.

Chelle
  • Welcome Chellestime!! I am pretty new to this group as well but ive discovered that they are a pretty uplifting, encouraging group of ladies. And that I need to post more... I go into "hiding" when I don't do the things that I should (watching what I eat, exercise, getting on that scale when I know its going to be mean to me lol).....It all boils down to being honest with myself and putting myself out there and making some friends who wont judge me for finally getting a 30 min run and then going to the movies and getting a small popcorn when I told myself I didn't need it....sigh...and then waking up to a number on the "evil one" that I haven't seen in years... Anyway...enough about me. Im going to have to get a pad of paper and write down thing from others posts cause honestly...I cant keep you all straight! lol And I feel terrible about that!!! I seems to me that all of us are having a terrible time "getting in the groove". But we can do this ladies. What other choice do we have? Like someone on here always says (and I WILL remember...give me a day or two lol ) "Onward and Downward"!
  • To keep myself honest:

SW: 146.2
    CW: 148.4
    GW: 139.anything
  • Welcome, Chellestime!

Plainsgirl: I know exactly what you mean about going into hiding. That's why I'm on this morning! Last night we took DS to the macaroni grill for dinner and cold stone for dessert for his 16th bday! While I would not weigh myself this am (too afraid), I did make myself get on here and show accountability for the bread, bellinis and frozen yogurt! Today we're taking him to Quaker Steak and Lube for wings, but I will be much better there. Grilled chicken and a light beer is what I'm planning.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Tuesday: 1465 calories, 20 min stairclimbing, 40 min elliptical

Would REALLY like to be under 137 on the scale on Friday.

jen and plainsgirl, I also go into hiding. It's never a good thing when I'm offline. So with these challenges I am trying to make myself post every day whether it's good or bad. Sometimes it even makes me think twice about my food or exercise..do I really want to have to post that I ate that much or skipped my workout?

Chellestime, welcome! Great to hear that you've recovered and are ready to get back into this. I wouldn't say I'm in love with working out, but I definitely feel better when I do it. I've never regretted a workoout, but I've certainly regretted sitting on my butt!
  • Worked the plan today. Woohoo

I have an addition to the scale so I weigh everyday. Weight today 234.8 lost another lbs.

Keep up the hard work everyone!!!

Chelle
  • Hope all are well!

Welcome Chelle! Hope you fall in love with exercise - I did! Check out the New Rules of Lifting series. I'm doing the latest one now - Supercharged. And boy is it ever!

I've been scarce due to surgery tomorrow am - that has my mind occupied. I may be absent for a few more days - depends on surgery. But not in hiding! Still on plan - 107 days straight!

Off to drink water now - no food/drink after midnight is rough. I keep a water glass by my bed and drink during the night!
  • Good Morning Ladies! I'm sitting here listening to the birds sing as I get in my morning coffee Oh what a beautiful sound! If it were just a few degrees warmer id be out there....LOL I plan on getting my workout in after I get home from work.

Jennifer-thanks for the reminder that we are all in this together and that we all make decisions we wish later wouldn't have happened. It definitely makes things better all around when I know I have to report it here...

...which wasn't GREAT this morning (down .4 lbs)...but lets face it...would probably have been a gain if I kept on being a turtle and hiding in my shell.

2FatCats-thats just the thing...this time a year and a half ago exercise to me was like breathing. I want...NEED...that back. I find all kinds of excuses to not do it instead of the finding excuses TO do it like it was....I WILL get there again...

I drank my water, got my cardio in, and made pretty darn good food choices. So I'm calling yesterday a success!

Have a great day ladies!!
  • Wednesday: 1360 calories. Ran 1.6 mi, walked 1.6 mi

I wanted to do 3 miles running but I upped my speed too much(close to a 9 minute mile) and burned out.

Scale was down a bit this morning..137. It flashed 136.8 but then jumped. It gives me some hope, though, and I'll be careful with my food today and do a Zumba class and some stairs.

Good day, plainsgirl!

2fc, hope all goes well..post when you're up to it.

Chellestime, YAY on the lb!
  • Good morning! Still cold here, but I'm trying to think warm thoughts. Eventually spring has to come, right?
    I did ok yesterday- had a grilled chicken and fruit salad at Quaker Steak, and I used less than half the dressing. My downfall came late when I ate vanilla wafers with biscotti spread. I really just need to keep that spread out of my house-- it's like crack! DH loves it too, so I'm hoping he plows through it.
    I don't think I'm ever going to hit the 170s--it's almost like a mental block or some weird self-sabotage. I should have been there last week. I need to get back on plan a little better and stay away from the processed carbs!

SW: 183
    CW: 180.6
    GW: 173
  • When I woke up this morning, I decided to approach my life/weighloss differently than before.

I am going to take one day, one meal, one snack and each step at a time. Concentrate on making good choices "now" and hopefully weightloss will follow.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning, and it won't be pretty. I am sure I am flirting with my all time high number...not quite there yet, but if I don't change it is only a matter of months.

So the positive things for today

1) I walked 1h17min outdoors (nearly 5 miles).
    2) I skipped all pop, izzys and fruit juice all day
    3) I don't have any wine at the house; and I did not stop to get any...skipping my evening coctails
    4) I had only tiny bit of cheese

What I will work on tomorrow
    1) Skip bleau cheese dressing on my salad