Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #166  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

trukmek, I will be thinking about you while you are at work tomorrow. I hope you get the news you want.

I had a hysterectomy last year so i can't blame TOM anymore either.

I have had hypothyroidism since I was 15 y/o. I have tried every kind of natural supplement I have heard about and nothing works like the script does. I am on Synthyroid. I will say that the doc cut my dosage down 40% last year because my test results showed it was working some. Most years, it has tested that it doesn't work at all.

My weigh-in stunk. Despite being in good ketosis via the test strip, I gained 3 lbs this week. I don't see how as I am following strict Atkins. MRC tried to make me feel better by doing my complete panel and telling me I have dropped 3% body fat, 1.6 BMI and gained 1/2 lb muscle. That still didn't make me feel any better.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh my it was a long day at work! And the errands afterwards took me way longer that I figured they would so no workout today Unless I get up right after I post and do one....but don't know if that would make me gain in the morning?? Oh what a crazy game this scale thing is.... I only made it page 3 this morning before I had to get ready for work so ive got a lot more "getting to know you" to do. Hopefully I will get more of that in in the next few days....

I drank my water, ate fairly reasonably today until dinner time when after an almost 10 hr day the last thing wanted to do was cook....and now no exercise....sigh....im bloating up like crazy due to TOM so in my head I want to go get in a good sweat but my body is so tired it doesn't want to move...the battle begins....lol

Have a good night ladies...we shall see how this decision goes down in the a.m....
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #168  

Good morning peeps! Got on the scale and had a tiny, minuscule drop in weight. Its better than gaining, right?? lol Even an ounce gain has me in a tiff all day long. Its kind of ridiculous, actually.

Today is my 6 month anniversary with my amazing bf. I had originally wanted to just stay home and cook like we used to when we first started seeing each other but now that's not going to happen. He is a funeral director (hey-SOMEONES got to do it, right? lol) and they have been very....ummm...busy....this week. The last thing I know that he would want to do is run around the store getting food and then cooking even if I were to do most of it (which he wouldn't let me do...he LOVES to cook!)....So we are going to a small quaint Italian place out of town. Late (I HATE eating out late...he prefers it...ugh lol). And then Saturday we are taking his mom out for her birthday. He lost his dad 6 weeks after we started dating and he has been an incredible son. One of the many, many reasons I love this man...Anyway...food bombs all weekend long...If I don't come out of this Monday morning without a 5 pound gain it will be a small miracle...

Going back to read some more and try to catch up to all of you...made it to page 3 yesterday..lol And I just now discovered the "topic review" at the bottom of this page...THIS is gonna come in handy!!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #169  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Morning All,

I missed too many posts to do personals but I have read them all.
I had my surgery yesterday...no one told me the saline drip would cause weight gain. Like - up 5lbs this am. Ugh. No biggie - there is no way I ate a surplus of 17,500 calories in the hospital! I wouldn't even eat their food. They tried to give me a packaged turkey sandwich. Really? I have high blood pressure and you want to feed me lunchmeat?? *Sigh*. Good thing I brought my own (protein powder+eggwhite+blueberry muffin)
The doc gave me no pain meds after and once the anaesthesia wore off--holy moly. I have a high tolerance for pain but I laid there in the bed with tears rolling down my face it hurt so bad - and I never cry. Of course my doc had gone into another surgery and couldn't be reached for almost an hour. The 2 hour ride home nearly did me in as well. Guess I'm not as tough as I thought . . . . Hopefully this was all worth it.
Time for meds and a nap - I can only sit so long. My hubs is MAKING me take it easy for the next few days. It's sohard...the house needs vacuuming....
Hope everyone stays strong and healthy today!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I can totally relate to the crazy cycles near menopause. I recently went 7 months without a period and then.....surprise! One day out of the blue, it reappears. This has been going on for a couple years so I know I'm near the end. The worst part is that you never know when it is coming. I've also started to have facial hair for the first time in my life. Really annoying! I've also discovered that it is much harder to lose weight. I have to work hard for every pound.

NEMom - you may be Vit D deficient. If you aren't taking supplements you may want to start. I stopped mine a couple months ago and my hips and legs starting hurting. I started taking them again and the pain stopped.

Spring is finally supposed to arrive this weekend with temps in the 70s. Next Friday I am having arthroscopic knee surgery. Will be out of work a couple days. Gotta get back to work.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 210/206/140

Height: 64"

I get vitamin D deficient too...which is sad considering I live in sunny California and our bodies make it with sunshine! It can affect your memory and energy level, so doesn't hurt to take supplements.

Plainsgirl...happy 6 mo. anniversary! Maybe as an anniversary gift Mother Nature will see to it that you don't gain them five pounds by Monday.

2FatCats...let your body rest and heal now. It will reward you in the long run. I don't blame you for not wanting to eat hospital food. Last time I was in the hospital, the only edible thing they served was fruits, veggies, and a cheeseburger on my last day. Everything else tasted NASTY! It was like they were trying to make stuff taste better by using too many herbs to replace the sodium. My son cooks better, healthier food than they gave me! I wasn't expecting the stay, though, so didn't even have a chance to pack a bag...forget about packing food! (My mom had to bring me a tooth brush and clean undies!)

Kristy
trukmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 210/167.6/149

Height: 5'5.75''

Hello!

I am new on the board (well I joined years ago but new to posting).
I'm not quite 40 yet (5 weeks) but it seemed a bit silly to join the thirty-something board. I have mentally moved into the forty-something zone (helped that almost all of my friends are already there) anyway.
I have convinced myself that it is going to be a fabulous decade - I am looking foward to it. I shall be leaving my 'fat thirties' behind amongst other things!

Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Last edited by Zeke; 03-30-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Saturday!

I don't have time for a long post with personals (though I'm dying to...) but will tomorrow. We're getting ready for skiing again.

Just want you all to know I'm here and reading. Oh, and to remind myself not to let my husband go into the lodge and bring out a "lunch" for us to share. Yesterday he brought curly fries...

Have a great day everyone!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #174  
NeNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Hello!

I am new on the board (well I joined years ago but new to posting).
I'm not quite 40 yet (5 weeks) but it seemed a bit silly to join the thirty-something board. I have mentally moved into the forty-something zone (helped that almost all of my friends are already there) anyway.
I have convinced myself that it is going to be a fabulous decade - I am looking foward to it. I shall be leaving my 'fat thirties' behind amongst other things!

Looking forward to getting to know you more!
Welcome Zeke! Like you, when I turned 40, I felt much better than when I turned 30. I was morbidly obese at 30, but at 40 I was the smallest I had been since graduating from high school, I was walking 25-30 miles per week and I felt awesome. Welcome to an awesome decade indeed!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:46 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 210/167.6/149

Height: 5'5.75''

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl441 View Post
Welcome Zeke! Like you, when I turned 40, I felt much better than when I turned 30. I was morbidly obese at 30, but at 40 I was the smallest I had been since graduating from high school, I was walking 25-30 miles per week and I felt awesome. Welcome to an awesome decade indeed!
Hi Firegirl - thank you for the welcome!

That is fantastic! Love it! One of my friends (who I only met a couple of years ago), who is in her late forties and always looks very well groomed, trendy and slim was tagged in an old photo yesterday. I barely recognised her. She was in her thirties and much bigger. That just confirmed to me again that the late thirites/forties really can be a period positive change - if you want it! I definitely want it!
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Just popping in. Have a busy few days ahead of me. H & I are celebrating our anniversary. 24 years!!! Can you believe it? Most days it doesn't feel like it's been that long. Others it's almost like I feel every one of them. Crazy. Most people said we wouldn't make it either! So there!
Been doing better for the most part. Struggling a bit with over-eating. Water could be better. Still walking nearly every day. We have walks planned for our anniversary. We are taking a picnic lunch to the park tomorrow, will feed the fishies & walk....camera in tow!
Gotta run, but I'll leave you with a few photos.
Have a healthy & happy Easter! More laters!!!

MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #177  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hey, congrats Mrs. TA!

Hiya Zeke

Moondance- laughing at the curly-fries here. My hubs thinks fries are a veg too

I'm wondering about what you guys are saying about vit D; we've just had the darkest winter in 40 years, here... Hmmm...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #178  
NeNe

Congrats on the 24 years, Mrs. TA! Your anniversary day plans sound awesome. There is nothing like spending quality time with the ones we love. The pics are beautiful! Thanks for taking the time to share.

I got outside a little today to soak up some vitamin D. I had the mulligrubs and it really boosted my morale in general. I hope the rest of you will see the bright sun very soon.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #179  
Onward & Downward

It was beautiful here today. It is sooooo unusual to have such a lovely Easter. I remember so few here where it was warm (70s) and sunny. I did manage to grab 30 minutes on the elliptical--thank goodness! Lol DH is home for the weekend and I sure didn't eat the way I should. Back on the wagon tomorrow. Have a wonderful Monday everyone (and rest of Easter to anyone still on).
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #180  

Good morning lovely ladies! I made it out of the weekend without a 5 lb gain. That in itself is a miracle lol. I AM up exactly 2 from when I joined the May day challenge though so this chickie needs to get serious. I jogged 2 miles outside after getting home from a long day at my sisters house so that in itself is a small miracle....

Luv2Cats-glad to hear your surgery went well. Why oh why do hospitals serve such cr@#???

Zeke- WELCOME!! Im fairly new around here as well and these ladies have already helped me. I think about all of the kind words of support every time I want to shove un-needed food in my mouth or sit on my bum instead of getting a workout in.

Mrs Trying Again- Happy Anniversary!!

Moondance- why oh why do our men have to be so kind to us...in THAT way?? lol

Sorry I cant get to everyone else right now...oh how I would love to!...but have to get going...school bus will be here shortly and then Ive got to hit the ground running...

Have a fabulous day ladies and lets get our goals MET today!!!