Old 03-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #151  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

ukemama: There's just two of us - me and the DH - not that many dishes! But according to my DH, I use every dish in the cabinets when I cook. We share the dw-ing. He is a lousy washer, though. Or he WAS. I would have to rewash every dish he 'cleaned'. UNTIL - I got smart a few years back. I put the dirty plate on the top of the stack then asked him to grab a plate so I could serve the food. Then had him grab one of the glasses he had 'cleaned'. He actually noticed the grossness...I told him he washed it and called it good - he could eat off it. He got the message. Only took 13 years...now if he would just look around the kitchen when he does dishes. If it's not in the sink, it doesn't exist to him.

On a personal note - since losing weight my bras don't fit. So I have spent two weekends trying on bra after bra after bra and countless hours combing the internet for the perfect bra. I have oodles of side spillage and figured it was armpit fat/loose skin from being heavy/thin/heavy/thin (just learned it could be migrated breast tissue??) Who knew it was from wearing a band that was WAY too big and letting the girls ooze out over the last 30 years. Sigh. Never too old to learn something, I suppose! My mom never helped me (bodies were dirty and not to be talked about - never got the s-e-x talk, either) and my much older sisters were married and gone by the time I hit puberty. Plus they are shaped totally different than me and more-than-generously endowed. If the cup fit your head - it would be a little small for them! No help. I always thought I got the short end of the stick - I'm the tallest girl and the one who could carry them off but the boobs went to my sisters. I got lots of hair, though.
I have always thought I wore a 36A/B, and when heavy a 38Bish. I just measured my ribcage then added 4 or 5 to make it an even number. Turns out that isn't how it's done. I probably should have realized when my straps always fell off. I just figured it was because I didn't have enough in the cup area to keep them on.
Now it seems I need a 32C/D!!! Holy moly, bat man! I lose weight and GAIN boobs! Sign me up!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

Not in a happy mood today. My "new" job isn't living up to it's promises and I'm quite unhappy about it. With all the work I'm putting into my weight loss, it's coming off pretty slowly and I'm getting frustrated. I'm sick of winter (5 degrees with wind chill factor). Phew. Thanks for letting me vent.

2FatCats: I can totally relate! My DH says the same thing about painting walls or just about any kind of home "improvement". If another buyer won't like it, he doesn't want to do it. We've been in the house 19.5 years. Oooh...Bigger girls, eh? Pretty cool I think!

ukemama: Hooray for the new piano!! Your story about your brothers made me laugh. My brother was malicious too...but so was I!...the sibling rivalry thing.

firegirl441: Your vomiting issue doesn't sound fun at all! Hope you get it figured out!! I'm headed to your neck of the woods (Savannah) at the end of next week for a short vacation with my crazy aunts. Is rain typical for this time of year?

Last edited by Moondance; 03-26-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #153  
Onward & Downward

Good morning everyone! I am home from my daughter's. The dog and cat (well especially 1 of the 3 cats) were ecstatic. It is a little strange being home alone though. Lol I guess this is a preview for when youngest DD is out of the house permanently in less than 2 years. We had a great time. Luckily only 1# of it was added to me. It could have been much worth. Back to work time, lol.

Good job with the swimming Firegirl. Keep it up!

Lol ukemama for now I'm doing all the dishes by hand. Don't want them piling up while I'm alone. I agree the gained cupboard would be nice but it's not to be for us either.

2FatCats: Lol my oldest used to work for Victoria's Secret. My daughter's are all much more endowed than I am. I used to hate only being a B (or C if you go down 1 band size but I hate the feel of tighter bands). They are all D or DD.

Moondance: I did have a great time at my daughter's, thank you. I hope your job gets better. Hope spring comes soon!

Last edited by LuvCats; 03-26-2013 at 12:02 PM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Ukemama- I am totally with you on the dishwasher thing. I had to wash dishes by hand for our family of 5 growing up. I now say that if I have to hand wash dishes, I'd rather starve.

2Fatcats- I've been having bra issues for awhile too. I guess I may need to go get measured again. You know some of those stores will measure you and help fit you.

Firegirl- I'm not sure waiting a few weeks on the vomiting is a good idea. All that vomiting is not good for your body on many levels.

My boss brought us all brownies from a local bakery yesterday in honor of Doctors Day which is apparently some time this week. I brought mine home thinking DH would be happy to have something sweet in the house but much to my surprise he didn't want them in the house either. He gave them to the little girl next door.

It has been unusually cold here too. We've had a couple days in the 70 s but mostly still in the 60 s. hopefully it will warm up here soon. Once it gets hot, it goes to unbearable rather quickly.

I guess it's time to get up and get ready for work. Have a good day everyone.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #155  

Happy Wednesday!

Status quo here.

LuvCats: Glad you enjoyed your time with DD. Do anything special? I miss my college DD quite a bit and can't wait for her to get home for the summer. You did a great job maintaining things. 1# while travelling is nothing!

petra65: I love that your DH gave the brownie to a neighbor. I probably would have just thrown it away if neither of us wanted it. Dr. Day, huh? Never heard of it. But I guess every day of the year commemorates some group or another now. (Later) I got curious so I looked on a couple of websites. According to one site, today is: National Kite Flying Day, and this week is National Cleaning Week (oh, and Dr. Day is Saturday, the 30th).

Where is everyone else??? Hope you're having a great, on-plan day!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Hi guys! Just realized (after about a week of this lol) that there is this thread. Duh I have to be at work in 30 minutes so I will get back on here when I get home and try to "catch up".

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and gleaning some motivation and encouragement from all of you ladies

Now...off to work. Blech! lol
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #157  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Moondance, Rain here comes in spells. We have not had rain in two weeks and it doesn't show much of a possibility for the early part of next week either. Our March blew in with a vengeance so April showers may "rain" on us as well. There is a big music festival going on there now with many different styles of music. You may want to check that out and see if it's still going on when you will be there. It looks like the winter temps will be pretty much over too as next week begins a warming trend. I hope your weather is good while here.

Luvcats, Glad you made it home safely from your daughters.

petra55,Congrats on passing on the brownies. I usually feel deprived right after such a decision but by the next day, I am really proud of myself.

Plainsgirl, Glad you found us here. I look forward to "hearing" more about you.

I went back to the pool and exercised for 50 minutes this morning while DH ran our errands. I enjoy having that time to myself. I have not vomited in two days. I am beginning to think it is associated with my not eating regularly. It seems that I am getting sick after skipping a meal and then eating a meal some time later. I am even eating an Atkins treat before retiring at night and I am not waking up nauseated. Thanks for the concern.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Today was fair. Had a walk in the park with H. Still not really on track, but I'm trying!
H & I went to the movies. We saw "Olympus has Fallen". It was pretty good. My eating is kinda off, but I've exercised & had plenty of H2O so not all bad.
If you read my other post about being MIA you'll get why I've been "missing". I think I've got my answer. I'll kinda just have to see how things play out.

2Cats: Might check around to see if any stores in your area offer bra fittings. My aunt owned a dress shop for decades & she'd fit bras all the time. She fit me for mine! Let the person know who's fitting you that you are on a weight loss/fitness journey. This should help them fit you more properly. Good luck! Nothing worse than a poorly fitting bra, except maybe saggy baggy undies!
BTW isn't it awesome when the animals are happy to see you come home? I love it when I come home from work & Agatha is waiting just inside the door. Course she is waiting for dinner, but it's the thought that counts!!!

firegirl: Think you joined while I was MIA. Glad you're feeling better...may it continue! Good job on the exercise! Keep it up!!

plainsgirl: Glad you found us! Hope we can help you reach your goals!

Petra: Good job! Sending those brownies packing! Glad you & hubby were unified in deciding what to do with them!

Moondance: Sorry the job isn't living up to your expectations. I hate when that happens. It makes it so much harder to go with a smile on the face each day. Sending you positive vibes anyways. Cause I sooo get it!!

Well, I have to go make dinner.
BE HEALTHY! BE STRONG!! BE AWESOME!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #159  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Slow down, March! You're going so fast you passed spring up!

Hi everyone; I have no idea where the time is going. I've been reading along as best I can about you're pianos/ill MILs/swimming/dishwashers you name it. I wish you guys all the best, and need to set aside some time once a week or so to really catch up and respond to you all but at the moment, that isn't happening. I am back to furtive, insomniac 4am postings. Yes, I am under the blanket with the iPad again.

NE mom, DD will start with anti-depressants tomorrow. Might be why I can't sleep. Can totally relate to the having to deal with things I never thought of feeling.

Weight-wise, I'm still comitted, but not as motivated. I'm blaming the weather- cold temps and snow (yes, we are also getting snow) make me reach for hibernation foods. When it's warm, I automatically crave lighter foods- fruit, salads...

Howsomeever; I'm still showing a net loss, even if slow, so screw the scale and try to get back to junk-free and regular(er, lol) exercise. I've been a bit sloppy...

If I could buy spring, I would...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #160  

Happy Thursday!

Work still sucks, and as I was headed to my car yesterday, a lovely lady I know gave me a small Easter basket full of chocolate eggs. In my frustration and anger over my job, I started eating them without even realizing. After 3 I thought "Hey, stop that! Don't let work ruin your weight goals". And I stopped. Victory for me!!!

Headed to Steamboat Springs this evening for a weekend of spring skiing. DD#2 is bringing her boyfriend (she's 16, he's 17). Should be an interesting few days...

Plainsgirl: Welcome to our little corner of the boards. Post often!!

firegirl441: Hope the vomiting has stayed away. No fun! I too would get checked if it doesn't stop. I don't care if it rains while in Savannah next week...as long as it's warm!!

MrsTryingAgain: I'm sorry for your struggles. Some things in life don't get any easier as we get older. Grrr... Remember that one thing you always have control over is you! And a quick Thank You for always being supportive, with humor, even when you're not having a great day!

Magicsusan: So true about March! Funny how time goes by faster as we get older. I would pitch in to you Purchase Spring fund. Here's a few flowers just to remind you of what's surely coming...
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #161  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Moondance,

I am so sorry that the job is not working out well. Don't let it get you down or hinder your weight loss goals. Sorry to hear about your "gift" from your neighbor. I am proud of you for realizing you didn't need to be eating them and quit. I think we all slip when under pressure and duress. I'm sending you a great big hug today.

By the way, the skiing sounds great. What an awesome exercise experience!

Blessings
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #162  

Hi Chicks -
I've been MIA from the boards for the past week because my daughter and her family came out to spend spring break with us. They have two little boys who are 18 mo. and 6 years, so I was busy with them, to say the least! The good news is, I stuck to my exercise program while they were here, and even though I ate pretty much anything I wanted, and had wine almost every night, my weight stayed the same! As soon as they left, I got right back on plan. I think the key to my weight loss this time really has been my refusal to give up, and if i get sidetracked by a special event, I get right back on plan. In the past I would just give up, then a few months later I'd be starting all over again.
Continued success to all of us!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #163  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Hello all my lovely 40 something ladies.
My week diet wise has not been great. I have missed two days of exercising, I have been so busy and just way too tired to get up and get it done. Last night I had to work late and decided to treat myself to a nice meal, had a cocktail and even a small dessert. It was delicious and I feel so guilty. Then last night I when my mom got home she brought left over mini cupcakes and a piece of cake. It was her bday and she had taken the treats to work. I was eating a small piece of cake and my DH comes in and says "What are you doing" when he saw me eating the cake. I looked at him as he ate a cupcake and said the same thing you are, eating a treat. He said well you will have to work out an extra 5 minutes or so for that. I wanted to slug him, seriously, he has a huge belly. Eats whatever he wants, does not worry about his weight or health and you dare question me about eating some cake. MEN!
I need to go to the doctor, I know I am starting menopause. I have the hot flashes, moodiness and for the first time I skipped my period this month. I had all the symptoms but nothing came. I also think my thyroid is messed up. My mom and sister have thyroid issues so no surprise I will have them too. But the more I read up on it, the more I really think it is something. My joints and muscles will ache, especially my hips, I am tired a lot, even though I get a good nights sleep and 90% of the time eat a healthy diet, and I have really noticed an increase in brain fog. Like, I am talking and cannot get the words out or cannot get the words I want to say out. Its like a disconnect in my brain. I really want to find an over the counter natural supplement to try and not have to take a pill for the rest of my life but I have not found anything with good reviews to try yet.
I have a big celebration at work this weekend. We have been planning it for over 6 months, its all I think about and I am ready for it to be over.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 236

I.GIVE.UP.

*spoiler alert - rant coming*

So, had my 5 week weigh in. I am UP three pounds from my starting weight. I have been doing a great job. I've been back to exercising, I followed the plan exactly with the exception of four glasses of red wine and a small piece of cake - not all at once . I drink my water; I don't have sugar, pop, artificial sweetners, etc. etc. I crave nothing and rarely feel hungry. WHAT GIVES?? As far as blaming it on TOM - yeah, that hasn't happened for several years.

For the last three years, this has been the norm for me. I have done South Beach, WW, NutriSystem, Paleo, Atkins and Wonderslim. Yet, despite following the programs, I am consistently gaining weight! I have gained 50# in three years of "dieting." It is mind-boggling and frustrating. I am SO good, yet I have no results!

Related to this is the fact that I think my thyroid is still wacky, despite being on meds. I don't think my doc is listening to me about what's really going on. For the last three weeks, I have had this crazy "choking" sensation. I can't swallow right and I can't sing well (which is a requirement for my job - I'm a preschool music teacher) or hit the range I usually have. The doc seems to think that because I have no "bulge" or goiter, I have no issues. Trouble is, I want to see an endocrinologist, but I need to have a doctor's referral and he doesn't want to give me one.

What I really need to do is find a FEMALE doc who will listen to me. I'm not making this stuff up, it's not in my head - it's real and I think that it's what's at the bottom of my weight issues.

*rant done - I feel better*

It's a lovely sunny day here. Cold, but not too cold if you're standing in the sunshine. I think I'll head outside for some vitamin D.
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 210/206/140

Height: 64"

NEMom...my TOM did the same thing! Got the weight gain, food cravings, even cramps...but that was it! I have to say that I actually enjoyed it never quite coming. Two months ago I had one that lasted six hours, then last month was normal. Still, I'll take it!

LindaWW...hope you had a great visit with family! Awesome that you didn't slide back up the scale, despite not watching what you eat. Great that you still got your workouts in as well.

Moondance...WTG on the stopping the emotional eating! I doubt I would have been able to stop. Just look at the bright side...someone cared about you enough to want to give you a treat!

MagicSusan...every little bit counts! I'm not on a weight loss rush either, just as long as I am healthier than I used to be!

I'm doing the happy dance today as the scale was down another two digits this morning when I stepped on it. I went back up stairs an hour later to re-weigh myself just to make sure I didn't do something wrong the first time (pathetic, I know! LOL) I was looking in my journal (I keep a log of my daily weights) and haven't seen a number this low in a long time, so am totally excited! Still, I have a meeting soon to find out if I have a job anymore. I'm also anxiously awaiting test results from Monday. Still, even with that, the weight loss has me totally excited.
trukmek is offline   Reply With Quote