Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 210/206/140

Height: 64"

Good morning everyone!

Moondance...so glad DH could attend the tennis match, freeing you up to get that workout in. Sounds like TOM didn't mess with your mind on the weight loss, which is awesome! It's the real deal! Yah!

Linda...what is the weather like? Put the baby in the stroller, take the grandkids to a park to play, and walk around the playground! I did that with my nephew when I wasn't working. He loved getting out to play and I could still get a workout in. Plus it gave me someone to visit with while walking to/from the park. Love the mind of a child...it's so innocent!

NEMom...glad that you son is improving, and hope your foster-son can make progress too. Exercise is a great stress reliever, and if you have to take walking breaks...it's still better than nothing! Keep going, you are doing a good job!

ukemama...sounds like you have a deliciously healthy dinner! Thank goodness with the non-pushy FIL!

MrsTryingAgain...my plan was to take my son out this weekend, but today is rainy...so might not make it. He hates eating fish (except ultra low sodium tuna...because it has no flavor, LOL) but loves fishing. He's never caught anything, though. I'm just hoping that if/when he does catch something, it's trout because I wouldn't know what's edible and what's not otherwise, LOL

LuvCats...a nutri-bullet has a more powerful motor than the magic bullet...and costs about twice as much! Oh well, it's getting used and that's what matters. I consider it a good investment with as much as we've used it lately. WTG on the weight loss, despite eating out twice this week. We have a family goal of eating out one meal per week and so far we've managed to stay in that goal...with the exception of my mom taking my son out to fast food on Wednesdays. We all need to lose weight in my house, so we've been trying to work together on the diet thing.

Not much else going on. A bit worried about if I will still have a job by the end of the week next week. I'm an only parent so I need the paychecks...and both my son and I have disabilities, so we need the medical insurance! Can't do anything about it right now, though, so trying to not think about it much.
trukmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Fair day. Still over-ate some. Walked some. Felt really super tired for some reason, I really hope that I'm not coming down with something. Maybe my anemia has raised it's ugly head again. I just dawned on me as I'm sitting here typing, that I haven't taken my iron this TOM. Ooooops. Maybe if I get back on my vitamin regiment I'll feel more like me.
Did get a haircut. I haven't had it this short in a loooong time! Don't know how I feel about it. Maybe it'll grow on me?

trukmek: Yeah, we got quite a bit of rain, too. I'm not complaining, we need it! I want there to be water in the lakes, streams, & rivers this summer when I go camping!!!

Moondance: John Bidwell worked for John Sutter (CA gold rush), found gold around my stomping grounds, he was involved in politics & agriculture, he ran for governor & even President. The park the he & his wife Annie gave to the city of Chico covers about 3,600+ acres! There is the downtown plaza, the Bidwell Mansion, & what is called upper & lower parks. It also has over 85 miles of trails of all kinds..from super easy bike/walk trails to streinous hiking trails. That's why I LOVE taking H there!!! We can be to great walking trails in about 10 mins!!!

NEMom: Ah, yes, stress. A seeming constant companion. UGH!!! But don't give up! Eating right, getting some exercise & decent rest actually helps us cope, remember that!!
I do try to send positive vibes to you & yours, because I know what it is like to struggle (suffer?) with mental issues. Depression runs deep in my family. Unfortunately it has led to some of my siblings to reach for things like drugs/alcohol in excess. I've been in treatment, on medications...I find that if I focus on my health it doesn't seem to get such a death grip on me. But I have no qualms about going back if I feel myself slipping into that darkness again.

ukemama: Yup, vinca. It is a crazy invasive vine, but it's flowers can be soo pretty. There's also other vines that have tried to take over the park, but it's probably been there since the 1800s, I don't think it'll win. Vaca! While I was getting a haircut, I let H loose in a store that specializes in fishing gear & he had a ball!!! He said he's even dreamt about it!!!

Headin' for bed. Have an early day at work. joy. BE HEALTHY!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #138  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Good morning wonderful ladies!!!
It is snowing here today, really, it's the end of March and we are getting snow still. Yuck!

Food and exercise are okay. Nothing exciting to report. My scale is slowly going down so that maybe, just maybe, in the next couple of days I will be back to 166 (again).
I am having a big event at work on March 30 and needed to get a new dress for the event because I am about 8lbs heavier than the last time I wore my fancy black dress and know it will be too tight and squish my ladies in the front. I ended up getting a dress one size bigger than I wanted to but I want to be comfortable (although I have to wear heals so don't know how comfortable I will actually be) and I do not want the dress to be so tight it is restrictive. Good thing is it was on a really good clearance sale so even if I just wear it once, it will be okay.
I have a 21 year old daughter who has really been working on losing weight and getting in shape. She wants to rock a binki this summer, which she will. She said to me yesterday that she felt like something was wrong with her because she no longer craves fastfood, she would rather eat a grilled chicken salad or cook for herself. She said she ate a mini cupcake the other day and felt guilty about it. I told her that I was so proud of her learning to live a healthy lifestyle so young and that when she has children of her own she will pass on her healthy lifestyle to her kids. I did not teach my kids at a young age to eat well and exercise. We always had junk around and so I am proud she is so dedicated to exercise and a healthy diet now.
Okie, enough mom bragging. Hope you all have a great day!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

trukmek: If your son catches a trout, think he would eat it? When my DD#2 was about 5 y/o she caught her first fish (trout). We promptly cleaned it, took it back to our campsite and cooked it over the fire. She was literally sucking the bones for meat she loved it so much. I'm so sorry about the job worries! I hope everything turns out ok for you!

MrsTryingAgain: Take that iron, girl! Question: what happens to you when you don't take it? I ask because my last blood test indicated I'm borderline low-iron, but wasn't instructed to supplement. I wonder if I would feel better if I do. Bidwell Park sounds wonderful! I'm envious you have something like that so close!

NEMom:
You should brag! How great that your daughter is learning this early. I didn't do a good job of it either (nor did my mom) and I passed down some bad habits. Fortunately they're thriving (and doing better weight-wise) despite me! Your work event sounds fun and how great that you found a dress at such a low cost!

Took this picture in my backyard last evening. The deer got to most of the crocus, but a few made it through. Of course it's supposed to snow this weekend so they'll be ruined, but that seems to be the usual course of action for these early risers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 spring crocus.jpg (43.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Moondance; 03-21-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 236

NEMom - Brag away! I think we are all happy to read positive things like that!

trukmek - Hope things improve soon job-wise.

Moondance - Our crocusi (Is that the plural of crocus?) are past blooming, but snow is coming our way in Ohio, too. DD has a soccer tournament this weekend and we have been advised that it "WILL NOT" (their words) be postponed due to weather conditions. I'm making DH take her.

I am thinking that I need to switch up my dieting plan. This Wonderslim stuff just doesn't seem to be doing a darn thing. I'm never hungry, but I'm not losing weight or inches - in fact, my belly seems bigger. No, I am not preggers and don't want to be! I've tried this eating plan for over a month and have no results.

I am thinking that I will try the Dukan diet. For me, high protein has always helped me lose weight. What ruins it for me is when I add carbs in. With Wonderslim, I am eating at least 100g carbs a day. I like Dukan's idea to not allow your body to get accustomed to certain caloric or food composition intake. I am wondering if my body gets too comfortable once I eat the same things and have more than 60g carbs a day. What bugs me is that I still have 4 weeks of Wonderslim meals left!

I need ideas. DD needs a new piano. She's a pretty good player and our piano is on it's last legs. When I got it tuned the last time, the tuner said, "It's time to let this go." I need a clever way to convince DH to part with money to buy DD (who is by far his favorite child) a new piano. I hate being married to an accountant sometimes. I feel like I always have to show him the "value" of a purchase! My trick is to make it seem like it was HIS idea all along. Just can't think of what to do this time...
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #141  
Onward & Downward

Sorry no time to respond to each of you. Leaving for sunny CA in an hour to visit my oldest daughter. Have a great weekend everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Ukemama. Look for a good used piano. You can save a lot of money and can still get a good instrument. My husband is really cheap too which is comical in our house because I earn the money. I guess I'm glad he is careful not to waste it.

I've been lurking and reading posts the past few days. DH is still staying at the hospital with his mother. Hopefully, last night was the end of that. I have been struggling with a sinus infection. Took some antibiotics but it is slow to clear. Work has been stressful with other people being off and having to cover but they cover for me when I'm not there so it all works out.

I'm having second thoughts about weight loss surgery. I've had to put it off for several months because I have to see a cardiologist first and I seem to be doing alright on my own.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #143  

DD really put the heat on DH last night at dinner about the piano - to the point of being ridiculously comical. Man, that girl could charm the scales off a snake! He still didn't seem on board, though.

I then told him I was thinking about picking up another PT job at Lowe's as a nursery garden worker (my dream job!) to bring in some extra money to cover the piano costs. DD didn't know that I was considering this and had a fit. "Weekends and nights are our FAMILY time!!" She wailed.

And that's what clicked with DH. That, and telling him that there is an interest-free payment plan.

Petra - I hope you feel better soon and make a comfortable decision with the surgery.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Wow. It has been quiet here for a couple days. My life will hopefully get back to a little more normalcy this week. No one is on vacation at work- although I'm starting to feel like I need one, and MIL is out of the hospital and at the nursing home for rehab so DH will be home every night.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is managing the Easter candy. We went grocery shopping last night and I couldn't get past that candy display fast enough.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #145  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

It's Monday morning again. Why does this happen every week???

Late start this morning. I did do the run/walk thing on the treadmill this morning. I decided to back track on the C25K program because I felt like I was pushing myself too much. Waked 5 Minutes/Ran 5 Minutes. Repeated 3 times.
Food this weekend was so so. Could have been better and it has been worse. I am up a little on the scale this morning but I am pretty sure it is mostly water so hoping to be back to 166 by the end of the week.

Petra-Glad your MIL in out of the hospital. Good job staying away from the Easter candy. I made the decision this weekend that I am going to allow myself one piece of good carrot cake on Easter. I love me a good carrot cake.

UkMama-Did you get a new piano this weekend? Glad your DD was able to talk your hubby into one. We got a new dishwasher this weekend. I have wanted one forever and my DH was never on board. I kind of snuck it up on him this weekend. He got it installed and now I can't wait to run a load.

Have a good one all.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

ukemama: Did the soccer tourney take place in the snow? We had another 10" at our house on Saturday. It's official...I'm done with winter! Is there a new (used) piano on your horizon? What did you decide about switching diet plans?

LuvCats: I'm sure you're enjoying your time with DD in CA. Hope it's sunny!

petra65: Has your sinus infection improved? Those can be so miserable! Weight loss surgery is a big decision. Sounds like you're not going into it lightly and assuming it's the fix-all to losing weight. Glad the MIL is improving. That's stressful too. And don't get me started on Easter candy... At least after this holiday, there isn't another one that pushes candy. Basically from Halloween through Easter there is candy on the shelves.

NEMom: Ooo...I love new appliances! Our washer & dryer is over 20 years old. I can't wait for them to break down so I can get new ones! I think you have a good plan for the carrot cake. This way there is no deprivation.

Hope everyone else has a great, On plan day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #147  

NEMom - Hooray for the new dishwasher!! That is one appliance I can not live without.

We are finalizing the piano purchase this week. I am feeling more comfortable with the investment. I have done my research and we have DH on board. Hooray!

Yes, Moondance, DD's soccer tournament was played in the snow - and the freezing rain/ice, and the sleet and the wind. We got six inches of various "stuff" last night. Wish it wasn't spring break because then I'd have a snow day! LOL!
Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #148  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Re: dishwashers

We have lived here for over 7 years - used the dw twice. I want to take it out. I'd really rather have cabinets there. Hub says that everyone else wants a dishwasher - we'll need one there when we sell. That's his stock answer for every one of my projects. We have no intention of selling, though - unless it's to move back to Europe. If only....
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #149  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

I'n back reading up on what's going on with everyone. I am changing programs for awhile because I just got bored with the MRC plan. I am trying Atkins for a few weeks and see how it goes. I am having issues with vomiting for no explained reason. It just hits me without warning. I am over last week's flu episode so I don't know what is going on. If it continues for several more weeks, I think I will ask my primary care physician for a referral to a stomach doc as the medications I take for my numerous ailments may be affecting my stomach.

I sure do wish we would get some of that snow ya'll talk about. We got 4.5 inches of rain yesterday. The sun was out today but the wind blew up to 45 MPH most of the day. DH and I put 3 loads of laundry on the clothesline and they were dry in a couple of hours even though the temperatures were on the cool side (54).

I made it to the pool today for 50 minutes of good exercise. My joints were so achy and tight and boy did I feel better when I got done. I plan to go on Wednesday and Thursday also.

Last edited by firegirl441; 03-25-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Forgot about exercise
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #150  

2FatCats - OMG, if I didn't have a dishwasher, my family would starve! It's not that I don't like to cook, it's that I refuse to wash dishes. I had to wash them my whole life because it was the "girl's" job. My two brothers would use dishes just to make more work for me. I still get angry thinking about it!

It's still snowing here. But, the birds are chirping spring songs like CRAZY! They know what's going on. Gives you hope.

Yoga this morning. Weigh in tomorrow. If the scale hasn't moved, I'm changing strategies.