MARCH Chat

You're on Page 3 of 13
Go to
  • I am having a moment with this site. I realize we are all different and we all deal with our emotions or thoughts in different ways I really HATE seeing forums like "I loathe..... about myself". I really don't want to read these negative things, but its like a car wreck... I can't help but look. I wish everyone realized that the more time they spend writing negative things about themselves the longer they will stay in space that makes them unhappy. I don't want to preach, by any means, as I realize myself that staying positive is not always easy. Its EASIER to feel or think negative that is a proven fact. But when we are all here doing the same things, reaching and striving for the same goals it seems like the best thing to do is to stay away from those forums that connate negative thoughts, feelings and emotions... I am just saying...
  • sept2012 I agree. There's no good that comes from being down on yourself. Self hatred? Self flagellation? These are things that I never bought into. But people are so different, and I have come recently to truly appreciate that we are so much a victim or beneficiary of our circumstances, what kind of environment we were born into, what kind of parents we had. Not everyone is as fortunate as I have been. And while ultimately we own our own destiny, for some people there is a lot more to overcome along the way, and maybe the negativity is all they know. Dunno; I'm babbling here. But ITA that there's no room for it, or drama in general, in my life!
  • Sept2012-I totally agree. There doesn't tend to be much of that here to my memory. I think maturity may also play a roie.

Can't believe it's Monday morning and I have to go to work again.
  • Sept2012, I think we women tend to be so harsh on ourselves. You would think that being positive should be an easy thing, but it seems to be even easier to be negative...

Our piano is getting tuned this morning. It is the most annoying thing. The only morning I have off this week and I have to spend it cleaning and listening to random notes emanating from my living room for the next two plus hours.
  • Mrs. Tryingagain - I am thinking of you today! Hope all is going well for you and DH.

Weekend food was eh. Not good and not bad. Did not get any exercise in like I planned though. I did continue with the C25K program this morning. It was a rough session but I made it through. Tomorrow I am back on the elliptical and then doing a short kettle bell session. Took 3 days for my legs to stop hurting from the last kettle bell session so hoping I can walk on Wed.

As some of you know, my DS16 has had some depression issues. Took him to the doc and made some changes at home. Thought things were looking up, he seemed happier but that all fell apart this weekend. Some text messages that he sent to a friend were shared with us and in these messages he indicated that the wanted to hurt himself. I am heartbroken, scared out of my mind and desperate to help him. I am going to continue with exercise and healthy eating but the number on the scale just does not mean much right now as my every thought and breath seems to be filled with fear. Phew, I sure am a downer today. Sorry about that.
  • Hi Everyone-
    Mrs.TryingAgain - you're in my thoughts and prayers today. Please let us know how things went when you get the chance.

NEMom - I am so sorry about the new worries with your son. It sounds like you're going to do everything in your power to help him. I think that gives him a huge advantage. Seeing your child in pain is terrible. I'm praying that with all the help you have surrounding him, that he will see that this phase of his life is temporary, and really, truly will pass. My heart aches for you.

I actually had a really good weekend, diet-wise. Saturday night we went out for dinner to a wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious, and I ate everything I wanted, but I had a very tiny lunch, and did double my workout routine to compensate. I only had a 2 pound gain, and spent Sunday working out and guzzling water, and this morning I am back down. I consider that a success. Also, it's that time of the month, and I didn't have the usual couple pound gain I usually have the days before. And even though the scale's not moving down, suddenly I look different! My face is thinner, and my stomach is smaller! Saturday night, I put on jeans I hadn't previously been able to get into, and had no muffin top! That is so much more exciting to me than just a number on the scale! I know it's because of the combination of weights and cardio I've been doing. I'm really considering getting some kettlebells, since I've heard so many people talk about them. I'm watching for a sale!

Hope you all are ready to start a successful week! Take care
  • Happy Monday and Happy March (a few days late)!

I did it again...closed the tab I'd been working replies on. This time, I'm gonna re-do it.

It was a busy weekend with DD#2 play opening (it went well) and DD#1 home for her spring break (the hugs have been great!). My eating plan was ok, actually got a day in of "formal" exercise. I've realized that I've been letting myself have larger quantities of treats/sweets than I should. If I can have 4 chocolate kisses, then I can have 4 more later...and 4 more later...and 4 more later... It's not a surprise that I'm not losing. I'm making a more concerted effort to stay ON PLAN this week! Also, I got some exciting news. A good friend of mine announced he's going to direct a musical that I would love to be in. It's near-ish to my home for a change. I haven't been on stage in almost 3 years and I've been itching to get back. I'm looking to get below 180 before auditions in May. I have 10 weeks to lose 15 pounds. Actually, if I can just go down a pant size, I will be thrilled!

2FatCats: Happy anniversary soon! Those looks like great goals. They’re very specific and thoughtful. BTW, I love your litter story. GREAT example of how the changes you’re making have a positive impact in your life.

LindaWW: I live along the front range too. I’ve already got a daphodil showing its first stalk coming out of the ground. It’s been too warm! Glad you’re on a roll!! BTW, the ticker looks good on you! I love 5280 week. A few years ago, we stayed in a downtown hotel during their 5280 promotion. 2 room suite for $52.80. It was awesome. Most of the restaurants down near me don’t participate. Hip Hooray for smaller jeans that fit!!

mboo: Happy anniversary a couple of days ago!

petra65: Sorry your heart isn’t cooperating. Hope things get on an even keel soon!

MrsTryingAgain: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been thinking of you and H all morning, hoping things are going well. I’m so glad he’s finally getting it. Let us know, when you can, how he’s doing! And don’t forget to take care of yourself through all this!

kelijpa: Hooray for the Whoosh! Keep positive thoughts about keeping it off. You’ve learned a lot…you can do it!!

ukemama: What is Wonderslim? Your piano tuning comment made me laugh.

sept2012: Sorry to hear about your Dad. He sounds like a fighter, so keep your spirits up and a positive outlook. I’m sure he’s so proud of you and how you’re making strides in taking care of yourself. Hang in there… I like your calendar with X’s and O’s idea. I’m doing the same with a large desk calendar I have at work. It’s a great visual reminder! Good luck with your 12 week program…let us know how you’re progressing. About negativity…just look at how negative people are rewarded in our country: drunk and mean housemates on MTV, political pundits on TV and radio, all those housewives from wherever. I can hardly stand it. I don’t like the negativity either.

newleaf123: Hi to you too! Just keep checking in when you can. I’m sure you’re quite focused on your trek. You do know you’re expected to give us a detailed account upon your return, right? I too have had to “force” myself to get off my bum a couple of times. I’ve had a couple of really short workouts (15-18 min), but in the past I would have totally blown it off, so I count it as a win-win! Love your wimple rain coat. It’s a whole new marketing scheme!

Magicsusan: I’ve not been very goal oriented because my weight loss is very slow. I want to be like others and try for a pound a week (see my entry at the top of this post). But I tend to be one pound for every 10-14 days. It gets frustrating to be excited about a goal like “I’ll lose 3 pounds in the month of February” when other’s have much larger goals. Mine are the daily kind…stay under 1450 calories plus what I earn exercising, exercise every day after work and do what I can on the weekends. Do what works for YOU!

SeeMyFeet: I’m sorry you’re feeling like an oddball. Every one of us has a different combination of issues, motivations, rates of loss, success, failures, etc. I understand the workload issue quite well. It’s only been in the last two months that I decided there is very little at work that is more important than me. There’s a sign in my daughter’s Dr. office about how you take an hour a day now for exercise or many hours in the future for illness (can’t remember it verbatim). And I’ll quietly remind you that exercise will help with the stress. Hang in there! Oh….and congrats to your son!! Isn’t parent pride an incredible feeling?

LuvCats: Glad you enjoyed Vegas! What kind of gambling did you do (slots, poker, roulette, etc.)? Did you see any shows? That’s why I would go… I’m confident you’re back on plan today…right?

NEMom: I’m so sorry your son is still struggling! I know you’re doing all you can to help and support him. We’re here to help and support you, so lean on us as much as necessary. Hugs
  • HI EVERYONE!!!

Pacemaker is in place! He did just fine. In & out of surgery in about 2 hrs., including his recovery time. Had some lunch, got meds & is now napping. Now, I'm going to try & get some rest, too.
    Thanks for all the support! The positive thoughts, prayers & encouragement has really helped us both. More updates later. Sleepy now.

BE HEALTHY! BE STRONG! BE THE AWESOME WOMEN OF THE 40-SOMETHING BOARD!!!
  • Oh such good news MSTRYINGAGAIN!!! Rest up! Hahaha we all know you'll be on beck and call for the next few weeks
  • So glad to hear your husband is out of surgery and doing well, MrsTryingAgain! Thanks for the update - hope you get some rest too!
  • YAHOO!!! So happy to know the surgery went well! You must be so relieved!
  • So glad to hear that, Mrs. TA! Hope all continues to go well!
  • Wow moondance! so sweet of you to address everyone thanks for the well wishes with my Dad. You can reach any goal you set your mind to. I believe that with all of my soul
  • Just a quick YAY! to MrsTrying!
    My DH was home all day sick. I am glad for so many reasons that he's better and going in tomorrow...I'm not a very patient sickroom attendant.
  • MrsTryingAgain-thanks for the update. Hope everything goes smoothly for both of you.

NEMom- so sorry to hear about your son. Adolescence is such a difficult time in some kids lives. Im sure you are getting him some good professional help.

We have been having some unusually cold weather recently. Hope it warms up today. Have a great day everyone.